Saturday, May 23, 2015

Lush Wiccy Magic Muscles Review

Good morning, dear readers! :D

Today I have a review of Lush's Wiccy Magic Muscles massage bar.  This retails at $10.95 Can. for 70 grams.



My bar looks a bit odd because it is about two or so years old XD.  For whatever reason, I didn't decide to review it until now.  So here is the photo from Lush.ca's website:


"Spicy bar for sore muscles
Wiccy Magic Muscles is our spicy massage bar for aching muscles. The first time you use one of these, it you’ll notice the sensation of peppermint and cinnamon spice oils which make the skin feel warm and tingly. The red pieces on the top are aduki beans, which work into the muscles like firm fingertips for a relaxing massage. We’re using our new aeration technique on our Wiccy’s to make them melt into the skin easier, making for a soft, smooth massage. When you’ve worked yourself into a pretzel in yoga class, or had a long day on the slopes, head home and convince someone to rub this one in. Ahh, that’s better." - lush.ca

Ingredients: Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao) Aduki Beans (Phaseolus Angularis) Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii) ,Cold Pressed Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis) ,Cinnamon Leaf Oil (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita) Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera) *Cinnamyl Alcohol *Cinnamal *Coumarin ,*Eugenol *Isoeugenol *Benzyl Benzoate *Limonene ,*Linalool Fragrance . *Occurs naturally in essential oils
First off, I have to say that this massage bar smells very Christmas-y to me.  I believe it is the cinnamon leaf oil.   When I picked it up in store, I had to get it for that factor alone.  Eyes wide, waving my hands around, I exclaimed: "this smells like Christmas!".  I would have guessed that it also contained some cloves along with the cinnamon, but I would be wrong on that front.

The bar starts melting the moment it touches skin, and after rubbing it on, it leaves a nice layer of scented oils.

I don't do much intense physical activity that I need a deep rub down for my muscles, so sadly I cannot review how good it works for that.  But, I can say that this works perfectly for a lighter massage, giving good slip for hand movements, and the essential oils are very therapeutic and relaxing.  The bar is very moisturizing, and I bet it would be lovely to use right after a warm bath.



I don't feel it warms the skin right away, but I find it does warm up and hold heat in for a bit after some massaging.  Then to me it feels a bit cool on the skin, which I think is from the peppermint.

There are azuki beans on one side to help with massaging, but I don't really use that side so I can't say to how well they work.  I have heard that they can be a bit of a pain in the butt when the bar starts melting after several uses and they start to fall out, but I'm not really worried about that.


Overall I think it is a great product, and one I can see myself buying again after I finish using it.  I tend to be really stingy with my products when I use them, so they can last a very long time (like this one! XD).  But I know that when I do run out, I'll want another.  I read on Makeupalley someone comment on one of Lush's massage bars that they used it 2-3 times a week for two months and still had some left, so you should be able to get a decent amount of uses from one bar, provided that you don't use more than what is needed.

I keep mine in a tin, so that it doesn't rub off on anything else.  It starts to melt the moment anything warm touches it, so I keep it in that tin for safekeeping.  If you do have any of Lush's massage bars, be sure to keep them in a cooler environment, and out of sunlight.

Have you tried any of Lush's massage bars?  If so, what are your favourites?

Take care, and have a lovely day!

-Ash



8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is!! It smells really good XD

      Delete
  2. That sounds quite interesting! I've never notice this product in Lush! Probably will have to keep a look out on that ^_^ I tend to work out and get sore around my limbs >.<

    Celly | asian beauty and makeup blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh this may help then! :D A lot of people are quite fond of it. If you do end up trying it, I hope that it works well for you :D

      Delete
  3. i havent tried any of the lush massage bars but guess will have to soon
    Happy Weekend
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have had some really lovely ones!! :D There are a few more that I really want to try. :)

      Delete
  4. That sounds so immensely lovely - as always, it's the scents that tend to speak to me most of all, and the this one's really sounds heady, lush, and gorgeous - and, interestingly, like it might compliment one of my most frequently worn perfumes quite well, which is always a bonus with scented beauty products.

    Huge hugs & tons of happy end of May wishes!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...