Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Lush Shine So Bright Split End Treatment Review

Good morning, lovelies!

Today I have a review of Lush's Shine So Bright Split End Treatment.


(My tin is a bit beat up, as I have thrown it into various purses and bags to carry it around with me, so below is a better looking photo from Lush.ca)



This retails for $9.95 Can. for 10 grams.

"Mend those ends

We've concocted a beautiful balm to prevent split ends and help hair shine so bright. Extra virgin coconut and olive oils, shea butter and fresh free range eggs nourish and improve the tensile strength of hair to prevent and mend split ends. It works wonderfully as a finishing product as well, taming fly-aways and keeping hair in place for a flawless look. Add to that an orange flower, grapefruit, neroli and rosewood perfume and you won't want to leave home without this!" - Lush.ca
Ingredients: Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera) , Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii) , Candelilla Wax (Euphorbia cerifera) , Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea europaea) , Fragrance , Neroli Oil (Citrus Aurantium amara) , Grapefruit Oil (Citrus paradisi) , Rosewood Oil (Aniba rosaeodora) , Fresh Free Range Eggs ,Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides) ,Hydroxycitronellal , Geraniol , *Citral , *Farnesol ,*Limonene , *Benzyl Benzoate , *Linalool



Although it says it "mends" split ends, you can't really do that, you just cut them off to make them go away.  But if you are like me and don't cut your hair as often as you should because you can't bear to see it being snipped away, chances are you have split ends that need dealing with.  I've seen some weiiiird split ends in my day, all from my own head.  Sure, there is the traditional "split into two at the bottom" split end, but then there is this:

Not just one split, but multiple.  Or whatever was going on on the left in the image above... I'm not even sure.  I had to show my sister that hair, because it was so ridiculous.

So, although I take a pair of scissors now and then and hunt the split ends, many remain, and are in dire need of help.  (Although my hair is brown now, there were big chunks of hair that were bleached multiple times, and the frailty of those hairs is becoming more and more obvious as time passes.)

This is where Shine So Bright comes in handy.

It leaves a coating on your hair to help smooth down those pesky shafts, and I believe that by doing so, it would help prevent the splits from getting worse.  You can tell when you have bad split ends and you brush your hair and it tangles even easier than it normally would from those tiny fibers wrapping around other hairs.  Which only makes them worse.  So a nice coating of SSB is pretty helpful.



You could definitely use different things for the same purpose and it would probably work just as well, but with this, you get a perfect sized tin to carry it around, and the perfume alone is worth the purchase.



The scent is amaaaazing!!  It smells like Happy Happy Joy Joy conditioner and Sea Spray hair mist, which have a glorious neroli and orange flower perfume.

Here is a before and after:


I kinda had to place my hair a bit for the second photo, since I just threw it forward for the first after brushing my hair and I wanted it to be similar.  

I warmed some product on my fingers, then placed it on my tips and some further up the hair, as my hair is very uneven and I have some parts that are a lot shorter than other parts.

Aside from mending split ends (because you really can't, unless Shine So Bright is magic), SSB helps to smooth down flyaways and it does add shine.  It also perfumes the hair in a subtle but pleasant way for a little while afterwards.  It's hard to flatten out a split end when the split isn't at the end, but I think this will protect the hair a bit better to help prevent fraying. 

I am happy with my purchase and would get it again.  It smells so darn good, and it's so handy to keep around for toning down hair crazy.

Have you tried Shine So Bright?  

Take care and have a wonderful day! :D

-Ash


8 comments:

  1. Sounds nice and probably something I should pick up since I do have split end problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helps keeping your hair "more together" and less all over the place, which is really nice. The scent though, amaaaaazing! <3

      Delete
  2. it worked so well
    Kisses,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D It definitely helps my frizzy hair! :}

      Delete
  3. I've debated purchasing this many times. Sounds like I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow it worked well for your hair! I am loving Yves Rocher's anti frizz serum for my hair too, I wonder if I have split ends too >.< and I see you're a LUSH lover!!

    celly

    ReplyDelete
  5. This stuff looks amazing! I haven't cut my hair at all in a few years PLUS I dye and straighten it, so my ends are really damaged. This looks like it would be perfect to make my hair look like it't not ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! Id love to try that!!! I heard a lot of good things about LUSH products!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...