Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Lush Brightside Bubble Bar Review

Good afternoon, dear readers! :D

Today I have a lovely product from Lush, that was sent to me for review: the Brightside bubble bar!!


At Easter time last year, I saw the Brightside in store and I really wanted to give it a try.  However, I had other purchases in mind, and never ended up getting one (sad face!).

But!  They have brought it back around for this Easter, and I am so happy to have the opportunity to try it :D.  Not only that, but it is going to enter their permanent range after the holiday!! :D  WOOHOO!


It seriously looks and smells amaaaazing!

Here is what Lush has to say about it:

Dip into uplifting orange waters

Everything about this Bubble Bar will leave you feeling cheerful and looking on the bright side of life! When you crumble this one under the tap, your tub will turn into a vivid, hypnotizing red-orange sunset with frothy white clouds of bubbles. Sink in and inhale the uplifting citrus blend of Sicilian mandarin, tangerine and bergamot oils, and imagine yourself in a sun-drenched locale. You’ll emerge from the tub feeling energized and smelling like a dream!

And here are the ingredients:
Sodium Bicarbonate , Cream of Tartar (Potassium bitartrate) , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Lauryl Betaine ,Sicilian Mandarin Oil (Citrus Nobilis) , Tangerine Oil (Citrus reticulata) , Bergamot Oil (Citrus Aurantium bergamia) , Fragrance , *Limonene , Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides) , *Linalool , FD&C Red No. 4 ,D&C Orange No. 4
On the Lush website they suggest either breaking this into two pieces, or using the whole thing for a delicious bathing experience.  However, from personal experience using the Blue Skies and Fluffy White Clouds bubble bar (which is the same size), I can break mine up and use it for 5-6 baths! :D The water may not be as rich a hue this way, but there are still a decent amount of bubbles and a noticeable fragrance.  :)  These big bubble bars are a favourite of mine because you really do get a great bang for your buck!

Here is the size compared to my hand (and I don't have tiny hands):



For this review I wanted to use 1/4 of the bar:

 It is so bright and cheerful! :D
 This is when I began filling it up:
 And this was about 1/4 of the bath, so you can see the colour (if you were to use more of the bar than I did):

So many bubbles!!
 Yay!! :D

Oh.my.word.

This bubble bar is AMAZING!!! :D

I had mounds of thick bubbles, and there were still bubbles left over when I got out of the tub 25 or so minutes later (at least!). The water was soooo smooth, and my skin right now is almost buttery.

The scent is like that of a giant, melted, orange Popsicle.  The lovely orange hue the water takes on reminds me of an orange Popsicle, too!

I think this may now officially be my new favourite Lush bath product.  Seriously!!  Lush, PLEASE keep this for a long time!!!  O_O;  I have (HAVE) to get more.  I can't get over how delicious this is, and you have my gratitude for bringing this beauty back to the shop!

10/10 for this!!!

Have you tried the Brightside yet?  If you like orange goodness and luxurious bubble baths, I would suggest this rather heartily!

Have a fantastic evening! :}

-Ashesela

8 comments:

  1. Great review! I love that it turns the bath water into such a fun orange color too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! :D Me too! :}

      Delete
  2. 1/4 th bar age so much color, great..
    It's looks so refreshing
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right??! I was really impressed! :)

      Delete
  3. So many bubbles!!! That really creates one glam, enjoyable looking bath.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whooo! Great review! I'm so excited that this got such a good review because I had my eye on it :)

    Bailey
    aka Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, this one is amazing! Smells so yummy and it's huge! :)
    BeyondBlush

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...