Monday, December 09, 2013

The Christmas Tag

Good morning, dear readers! :D

As you know I love Christmas, so I couldn't resist this Christmas-themed tag!


(Not my image, image found here.)

I found this over at Naomi Talks Beauty, and if you would like to answer these questions as well (you should!!  I love learning about other people! :D), please do so (and let me know!!) :}

I added a few more questions of my own, and marked them with an *.


Do you prefer a real tree or synthetic?
I prefer the look and smell of a real one, but only if it is still in the ground outside!  I don't like the idea of cutting down a tree that has spent years growing and giving back to our environment, just to display it in my home for a few weeks.
As for indoor trees, there are so many amazing varieties out there.... tall, short, potted, not potted, fat, thin, pre-lit, pre-snowed, fir, spruce, pine.... and you can re-use them, over and over again! :D  (You can even get some really gorgeous pure white or multi-coloured ones!)
You’re in a coffee shop, it is December what do you pick?
Usually a latte, although I love hot chocolate (white, regular, or frozen!).  I surprise a lot of people by choosing many frozen drinks when it is cold, and hot drinks when it is warm outside.  XD  But for specifics, I loooove vanilla bean lattes, green tea lattes, and, well, most lattes! XD  Other than that it is usually a white hot chocolate.
What is your favourite colour scheme to decorate the tree?
We don't really have a particular colour scheme.  We have so many ornaments and garlands and lights from different years, so it is a lovely mish-mash of items. :D
Giving or receiving?
I'm not going to lie, I love both!!! XD  Getting a gift is freaking awesome!!! :D  But buying a gift for someone else and wrapping and giving it to them is amazing.  I LOVE that feeling! :}
To mince pie or not to?
I've never had a mince pie! :O  I would imagine it is probably really good, though.  
Christmas Day fashion?
Pajamas.  WOO COMFORT!
Favourite Christmas song?
I really like a lot of them! :D  Some of my favourites are Silver Bells, White Christmas, Silent Night, Drummer Boy, O Little Town of Bethlehem, Carol of the Bells, The Christmas Song, The First Noel, Good King Wenceslas, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, The Twelve Days of Christmas, What Child is This, Winter Wonderland.... 
Favourite Christmas film?
Again, I like a lot of them!!  Rudolph (YAY Yukon Cornelius!!), Scrooged, Bad Santa, A Christmas Carol (the really old black and white one), The Santa Clause, the Dr. Who Christmas specials... (not really a 'movie' per se, but I am putting them in here regardless XD), It's a Wonderful Life, White Christmas, Rise of the Guardians (I consider this a Christmas movie)... I am sure there are more that I cannot remember right now.  Some movies I really enjoyed as a child but haven't seen in forever are Miracle on 34th Street, A Muppet Christmas Carol, A Christmas Story, Ernest Saves Christmas... :}
Also, my sister and I love watching Harry Potter films around Christmas! :D
Presents before or after lunch?
Pshh, BEFORE!!  Right after we wake up, if everyone is in the same house.  If not, we wait until everyone gets together, grab some coffee or tea, and open them right away.
What are your favourite holiday treats?*

Eggnog, taai taai, marzipan, those opaque Christmas candies that come together with the jelly ones, Terry's Chocolate Orange, candy canes, white hot chocolate, gingerbread men and gingerbread houses, chocolate letters, advent calenders, speculaas, sugar cookies, ptasie mleczko, Bailey's Irish Cream in coffee... I also believe I am forgetting many.

Favourite holiday crafts?*

Decorating gingerbread houses and making orange and clove pomanders.

When do you celebrate Christmas?*

My family celebrates it on the 25th of December.

What do you usually eat for Christmas dinner?*

Turkey, stuffing, cranberry jelly, warmed bread buns with butter, gravy, mashed potatoes, mashed carrots and turnip.

What are some of your favourite Christmas memories?*

I love the excitement of the season!! :D  I love shopping for gifts for others, and wrapping them up!  
Here are some fond memories I have from my youth:

* Waiting up on Christmas Eve and listening to the radio for their Christmas broadcast, where they "spotted" Santa Clause flying through the sky with his reindeer and sleigh.  It was so exciting.  THEY SAW SANTA! 

*Getting to pick out one present early, to open up on Christmas Eve. :}

*Seeing Santa and all those decorations in malls (I still love this! XD)

*In our small community where I grew up, every year there is a designated 'Santa'.  Earlier in the month there is a list made of the homes who want Santa to visit.  So when it is time, someone comes to the door and rings the bell, says "Santa is coming!", and then a man dressed up as Santa visits and hands out candy canes.  I LOVE this!! :D  It is so sweet, and it really brings a magical element to families.  The community still does this, and I am so glad for that! :D

*When I was trying so hard to fall asleep the night before, the bedroom was lit up by the wonderful large Christmas lights hung up outside the windows.

*The look and smell of the fake Christmas tree and decorations (they really do have a scent!! :D).  When the lights in the livingroom are turned off and snow is softly falling outside, and the room is lit up just by the Christmas lights.

*One Christmas my parents made it really look like Santa had visited.  We had set out cookies and milk, and they had nibbled on them to make it look like Santa enjoyed them.  They took big boots, put some ashes on the bottoms, and walked around in the living room so it looked like he had come out of the fireplace.  It was so magical!! :D

*Watching Christmas classics like Rudolph, The Grinch, and Frosty the Snowman with my family when they would air on television.

*Getting stockings on the ends of our beds!!  In the middle of the night while we were asleep (and sometimes pretending to be (hehe)), my parents went into our bedrooms and put stockings on the ends of our beds.  When we woke up (also in the middle of the night), my sister and I would tear into them and have so much fun munching on treats and playing with our toys!!! :D  Now that we are older we still get stockings (YAY!!) but they are usually placed under the Christmas tree, and we open them on Christmas morning.

*Putting wooden shoes outside our bedroom doors, and waking up to them being filled with candy! :D


YAY FOR CHRISTMAS!!

I really cannot thank my family and friends enough for everything they have done for me.  Christmas is such a special time of the year for me, and I will always treasure the magical memories I have. :D

If you celebrate Christmas, please let me know some of your favourite things about it. :D

-Ashesela :}

(Edit: I may add things here after I remember them! XD)

27 comments:

  1. Loved your Answers and I like that you added some extra questions.
    www.naomitalksbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice and fun tag.. I prefer real tree and yes both giving and receiving gifts
    Have a great week
    Kisses
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :D I hope that you have a great week too! ^-^

      Delete
  3. YES I LOVE GIFT GIVING! The joy of getting gifts and wanting them to feel excited about it as well =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Isn't this a wonderful time of the year?? :D

      Delete
  4. Such a fun tag! I agree, pajamas are the only way to go on Christmas day! :)

    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :D I wear pj's almost 24/7 hahahah XD

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. :} Thank you!! :D I was really happy to find it :D

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was nice to know more about you. Christmas is always a magical time.

    Nora’s Sweet Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much!!! :'D It really is such a magical time! <3

      Delete
  8. Pajamas all the way! lol Aw I love getting to open one present on Christmas Eve :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. AW! This sounds like Christmas as I knew it growing up. Your dinner sounds as yummy as Thanksgiving dinner. I love pajamas on Christmas too! Flannel ones are the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!! :D Flannel PJ's are AMAZING!! <3 I am so glad that you had such wonderful Christmas' too!!

      Delete
  10. What a marvelously fun seasonal tag! There is so much that I adore about this time of the year. A few favourites that spring to mind first and foremost are..squinting your eyes and looking at the Christmas lights to create a sort of bokeh meets fireworks efect; baking GF versions of my mom's classic holiday cookies and desserts; calling all my relatives (who don't live here in town) to wish them a very merry Christmas and to catch up on recent events in each other's lives; listing to vintage Christmas music; going to our town's annual Christmas craft fair; putting together a new holiday ensemble; hanging our stockings; cinnamon infused everything!; and building the first snowman of the season.

    Merriest two weeks until Christmas, dear Ash!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of those sound so delightful!!!! :D Hahah I do the Christmas light squint, too!! :D Thank you so much for sharing your memories with me :D <3
      I wish you the best in these coming weeks as well! :}

      Delete
  11. Mmm yes! Frozen vanilla bean lattes are the best any time of year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved this! And loved the Christmas memories part! Had so many feels when I read yours...also, I did the tag! Whooooo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much!! :D EEE I am going to go read your answers!! :D

      Delete
  13. So much fun to read your answers. :) I've never had mince pie either, but I totally want to try. :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! :D I would like to try it too :}

      Delete
  14. Aww now I'm totally in the mood for Christmas after reading your post.

    And just so you know, on a recent trip out of town, I ended up buying waaaaay too much stuff at Lush. I blame you and your awesome reviews. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHAHAH!!! XD Sorry about that (but not really ;))!! XD Don't forget about their boxing day sale, when all Christmas items are buy one, get one free! :D (Aren't I mean? XD)
      YAY I love Christmas so much!! XD

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...