Friday, November 01, 2013

Lush Secret Santa Bath Bomb Review


Good morning, lovelies!

It's so weird to think that it is now November!! O_O  I'm not complaining (far from that, I love the holiday season!), but it is amazing how fast this years seems to be zooming by!

Now that I don't feel so guilty for doing more holiday-themed reviews, I will be reviewing Lush's Secret Santa bath bomb (which is part of their Christmas 2013 range). :D

This lovely small house was sent to me for review. :)

Here is the Lush.ca description:

"Take home your own LUSH shop

Modeled after the very first LUSH Shop in Poole, England, this limited edition holiday invention holds an exclusive new perfume called 29 High St! Drop the entire house into your tub or break it in half for two baths and revel in the cheerful orange water as notes of jasmine, lime, tonka and Sicilian lemon envelop your senses. Dedicated LUSHies will recognize the scent; we've captured the smell of an entire LUSH shop and put it into this beautifully perfumed bomb!" www.lush.ca
Please excuse the weird colours, the actual orange shade was between these two.

This smells so good!!! :D

It has a lot of interesting essential oils in it, which help give it the unique fragrance (such as lemon and lime oils, sandalwood oil, jasmine, tonka, and ylang ylang absolutes).

I have never smelled the 29 High Street perfume, but if it smells like this and Lush stores, I bet it is wonderful! :D

To use this you are supposed to gently 'crack' it up against the side of the tub (or anywhere else, I put mine in a bag first), then use it for 2-3 baths.  I find that this bath bomb is very fragile (not just because it isn't solid all the way through, but it seems less packed together and more crumbly than the other bath bombs I have tried).  There is another bath bomb inside the house-shaped shell (the 'Secret Santa'), and it looks like a red Santa face:



(Heehee! I don't feel guilty sharing this, since this is a review and the UK website says what is in it anyway XD)

It is hard for me to describe the fragrance, but I do think it resembles the delightful jumble of scents in a Lush store :D.  Which is awesome, because that is one of the first things I notice and love about the Lush shops!  But don't worry, it isn't as strong as in the store (for those of you who may find visiting the Lush stores a bit too fragrant for your liking), and it mellows really nicely in the bathwater. :)


Depending on what part of the bath bomb you use, your water will be a slightly different colour.

I used part of the top half with a bit of the side, so while the water may not be the most bright colour ever, there was this light shimmer throughout, which is from the "snowflake lustre" they dust on the roof :D.  Unfortunately my camera didn't pick it up, but it was really pretty (not super sparkly like a Sunnyside, but still noticeable).  YAY SHIMMER! :D

You can see some of the shimmer if you look closely:

 Woo there it goes!
 And awaaaay!
 Pffsssss.... (my onomatopoeia for a bath bomb fizzing away XD)

This softens the water and makes for an extremely relaxing bath.  :D

Here are the ingredients:

Sodium Bicarbonate , Citric Acid , Fragrance , Ylang Ylang Absolute (Cananga Odorata) , New Caledonian Sandalwood Oil (Santalum Austro-Caledonicum Vieill) ,Indian Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum grandiflorum) ,Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia) , Sicilian Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum) , Tonka Absolute (Dipteryx odorata) , Water (Aqua) , *Citral , *Benzyl Benzoate , *Limonene ,*Linalool , Methyl Ionone , Hydroxycitronellal , Benzyl Alcohol , Coumarin , Butylphenyl Methylpropional ,Propylene Glycol , FD&C Red No. 4 , D&C Red No. 33, D&C Orange No. 4 , D&C Red No. 27 , Snowflake Lustre (Potassium Silicate & Titanium Dioxide) ,

Would I like to get this again?  Yes!  Although it is more expensive than most bath bombs ($9.95 Can), you can break it up for multiple uses (and it breaks apart really easily, so it is pretty hassle-free). :}

This is a delightful and super-cute bath bomb, and I would definitely suggest it as a holiday gift for any Lush-lovers you know :D.

What holiday releases are you excited about?

Have an amazing day! :)

-Ashesela

20 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Seriously girl, Lush should be giving you heaps and heaps of stuff. I want to buy everything after you've reviewed them! >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much!! :'D ! I am so happy that you like my reviews! :)
      (A really lovely Lush employee has sent me really amazing products for reviews, and I am so thankful and greatful for that :D)

      Delete
  2. Oooh! This is so going on my list. I am a recent bath bomb addict and now need to try them all! I just got Shoot for the Stars, very excited to try it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, Shoot for the Stars looks wonderful!! Let me know how you like it! :D

      Delete
  3. Lush always has amazing products with such cute packaging
    Keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow.... cute look, looking eatable....
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha it does!! :D Now I want some gingerbread! XD

      Delete
  5. This one looks so fun! I really wanted to try it, but given the higher price point, I was curious if it would really be that easier to break apart into separate pieces to get your money's worth for more than one bath. But thanks to your review, I think I'll be picking one of these up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!! :D I am so happy that you found my review helpful! Yeah, it is the easiest one to break up, in my opinion.

      Delete
  6. I was just about to place a Lush order before I read this. Now I'll update my cart first to add this. :)
    The Grass Skirt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehehe yay! :D! Let me know how you like it!! :D

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. It really is (and it smells really good!) :D I love that it has that delicate shimmer added to it :)

      Delete
  8. I reviewed this recently and was really disappointed as I literally couldn't break the thing. I tried smashing it, cutting it, shaking it, pulling it... it was just like a brick! It's cool to see what the Father Christmas would have looked like :) You can read my review here http://maliberrymakeup.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/the-sixth-day-of-lush-christmas-secret.html (I mentioned your review!) x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow really??! Mine was so soft, it crumbled almost to the touch! D: Thank you for linking me to your review! :D

      Delete
  9. I saw this when I was in a Lush the other day and I LOOOOVE the idea of a bath bomb that smells like the store because I'm a huge fan of the way Lush stores smell. I picked up a couple other items from their Christmas line but didn't end up getting this one. If I go through the others soon, I'll definitely go back and get this one too!

    Bailey
    aka Bailey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! :D If you try it, let me know how you like it!! :D

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...