Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Lush Christmas Penguin Bubble Bar Review


Good morning, lovelies! :D

Today I have a review of Lush's Christmas Penguin bubble bar!


This sweet little guy was sent to me for review. :D

Here is the Lush description:

Bubbly bathtime friend

Isn’t he adorable? Inspired by the smallest penguins in the world (found on Philip Island, Australia), we’ve invented our very own tiny penguin for bubbly bathtime fun. Crumble yours under running water to create bubbly orange flower and bergamot glaciers - lovers of our Olive Branch shower gel will recognize Christmas Penguin’s fresh, cheery fragrance. Popping in the tub with this penguin is perfect way to relax after a long stressful day!
He is so cute!! XD


This is another limited edition Christmas product, so I would recommend getting one while you still can. :D

Here is the list of ingredients:

Sodium Bicarbonate , Cream of Tartar (Potassium bitartrate) , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Lauryl Betaine ,Cornflour (Zea mays) , Fragrance , Bergamot Oil (Citrus Aurantium bergamia) , Sicilian Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum) , Orange Flower Absolute (Citrus Aurantium amara) , Sicilian Mandarin Oil (Citrus Nobilis) , Water (Aqua) , Citric Acid , Glyceryl Stearate , PVP ,Hydroxyethylcellulose , Titanium Dioxide , *Limonene ,*Linalool , Hydroxycitronellal , Butylphenyl Methylpropional , FD&C Blue No. 1 , FD&C Green No. 3, FD&C Yellow No. 5 , Aluminium Lake , Iron Oxides ,FD&C Red No. 40 , Cola Pip (Sugar, Glucose, Cirtic Acid, Flavor (Aroma), FD&C Red 40) ,


For my bath I decided to test 1/2 of the bubble bar, to see how many bubbles I could get from using it that way (I like seeing if I can stretch the uses of Lush products):

Here is the amount I used for my bath:

 Goodbye, adorable penguin!
 As I only used half of the penguin and my bath is large, this is probably the colour the water would be in a regular sized bath with the whole penguin, after filling it up:
 Bubbles!
 Lush suggests agitating the water to produce more bubbles, and boy does it ever work (I could of made even more bubbles, but I wanted to go into my bath!)
 You don't have to agitate the water to get lovely bubbles, but I find it really helps to make mounds of them.

 The colour of the water after the tub was done filling up:

This made for such a lovely bath!! :D  Christmas Penguin smells really gorgeous, and although I have never tried the Olive Branch shower gel, I bet it smells spot on (Lush is really good at doing that).

I am really happy that only half of the bubble bar yields these results, and I am looking forward to using the other half. :}  The bath was so relaxing!

The scent is definitely there, but is muted, and does not make my bathroom overwhelmingly fragranced.  Even if I used the whole bar in my bath, I doubt it would be too strong a scent, so I am sure this would be lovely for many people to use.

I still had bubbles at the end of my long bath, and after using Ro's Argan on my skin, I couldn't smell any of the Christmas Penguin fragrance on it (some bubble bars are still noticeable on your skin even with Ro's Argan, like Blue Skies and Fluffy White Clouds).

Bubble-wise I think you could even get away with breaking this into thirds, but I don't think that there would be any colour added to your water (and the scent may be really faint).

I know I say this for almost every Lush bath product I review, but I really REALLY enjoy that this softens my hard water. :D

Would I try this again?  Yes I would! :D  Once again, Lush doesn't disappoint!

The Christmas Penguin retails for $7.45 for 100 grams.

Have you tried the Christmas Penguin bubble bar before?

Have a wonderful day! :D

-Ashesela


18 comments:

  1. this seems like a great product, I like when you can use lush products more than once and this gives you tons of bubbles, although I do like the ones with a stronger scent, I just used candy mountain recently for example.

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I want to try candy mountain!! :D I do know what you mean about the stronger scent, but at least this still has a good scent after cutting it in half (but I wouldn't recommend using less for that, or else the perfume will be a bit wasted). I like how Lush has different options available, so those with sensitive noses can still use their products :3

      Delete
  2. wow! look at all those bubbles! amazing for one small penguin ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I could have made even more bubbles, too! I remember the first time I used a Lush solid bubble bar I was blown away by how many bubbles they could create :D

      Delete
  3. I already put some Lush winter bath products on my wish list! I love how many bubbles it makes for such a small penguin :)
    xoxo
    Suzanne from written by suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! :D You will have to let me know what products you get and like!! :D

      Delete
  4. Lush always have something special for festivals .. Very cute, need to try it
    Keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a relaxing bath, That little penguin is adorable lol.

    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehhe it really is!! XD I felt a bit bad cutting him in half and using him in my bath XD

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Isn't he??! XD They come out with some of the cutest products!!

      Delete
  7. This is so fabulously cute!!! It's not everyday I see a beauty product that makes me think instantly of my husband, but this darling one definitely does. On our recent trip to Calgary, visiting the big zoo there was one of the highlights of the whole holiday for both of us, and the penguin exhibit was Tony's very favourite part that we saw. He was smitten (understandably!) with all the adorable antarctic birds there, so whenever I see a penguin or something made to look like one, it makes me think of him (I think this would make for a good stocking stuffer for him this year - thank you for the great idea!).

    Big hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that story is so cute!!! :D Penguins are just so adorible, and I'm so glad that you like the penguin bubble bar :D

      Delete
  8. Okay, that is just seriously cute, and the subtle fragrance sounds really nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ehehehe I know, right?? So adorible! XD

      Delete
  9. What a cute penguin! I love how much bubbles came out of it! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!! :D I was very happy with it! :D

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...