Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Lush Ceridwen's Cauldron Bath Melt Review


Good morning, lovelies!

Today I have another Lush Hallowe'en product: Ceridwen's Cauldron!



This delightful bath melt was provided to me for review.

(This product is in the permanent range, so you can pick it up all year round, and I really believe that you should! XD)

Here is the product description from Lush.ca:

"MAGICAL, RELAXING BATH MELT FOR SOFTER SKIN

Slip into our enchanting potion of oats, lavender and sandalwood to calm and soothe your irritated, sensitive skin. If you’re wishing for relief, we can guarantee that this bath melt it will make your skin dreams come true. Rich, nutritious cocoa butter and walnut oil melt into the bath water to quench and soften your dehydrated skin, frothing ever so slightly, leaving you with a muslin bag of whole oats to give your skin a soothing and gently scented scrub for instant relief from redness and itch."
First off, this smells wonderful!  It has a very calming herbal scent.  It is not a spicy scent (like pepper), nor is it a very 'green' scent.  It is a bit hard to describe, but trust me when I say that it is very uplifting, yet relaxing and calming.

Here are the ingredients:
Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao) , Whole Oats (Avena sativa) ,Laureth 4 , Walnut Oil (Juglans regia) , Fragrance , Tangerine Oil (Citrus reticulata) , Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia) ,Sandalwood Oil (Santalum austro-caledonicum vieill and Fusanus spicatus) , Frankincense Resinoid (Boswelia carterii) , Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena) , Elderflowers (Sambucas nigra) ,Daisy Flowers (Bellis perennis) , Cowslips (Primula veris) ,*Geraniol , *Limonene , *Linalool - Lush.ca

When you add this to your bath, it gives the water a milky white tinge, with a little bit of foam on the top.

When it melts you are left with a little bag of tied up oats, which you can use to gently buff your skin.


The oats are very creamy (almost slimy, but I honestly don't mean that in a bad way!!), and they are one of the main reasons why the water turns a bit opaque.  I picked up the sachet and squeezed out some water when the bath melt was gone and only oats were in it, and this is what the water looked like:


This is one of my favourite bath products from Lush.  The water is so soft and almost a bit creamy, and this makes my skin feel wonderful.  From the smooth skin to the relaxing scent, what is there not to love? :D  (I love how 'soft' this makes my hard water!)

I cut my Ceridwen's into two pieces, and use half of it in one bath.




I wrap half of the cut pieces into the muslin cloth and tie it up again, then put it into my bath.  I hold it under the running water as the bath fills up, so that I evenly distribute the oat-y goodness.

Afterwards, I rinse out the oats, let the cloth dry, than re-wrap the remaining bath melt and it is ready to go for bath no.2! :D

 Whitish, cloudy water.
 Soft foam.


Conclusion:

Bubbles: A little bit of foam after the tub fills up, but not much, as this is a bath melt.

Water: Cloudy, smooth, and delightfully herbal.

Skin afterwards: Smooth, but not very scented with it (then again I did use some Ro's Argan, and that could have masked anything! XD)

Bathroom scent: It fades after the bath is emptied, but before that the room is scented is a relaxing herbal fragrance (not 'spicy' smelling).  While the fragrance is definitely there, it is not oppressive nor cloying.

No staining on the tub.

Rating: 10/10 

Would I re-purchase?  Yes, and I already have. :)  This is probably my favourite bath melt.

Have you tried any of Lush's bath melts before?  Which are your favourites?

Have an amazing day!

-Ashesela

12 comments:

  1. such intresting packaging.. i am goinfg to check the lush store near me for this.. :)
    dont forget to enter my Mignon Mignon singlasses giveaway.
    http://www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com/2013/10/mignon-mignon-sunglasses-giveaway.html
    Kisses,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you really enjoy it!!! :D <3

      Delete
  2. love this bath melt! Smells amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!! :D Really relaxing and lovely! :D

      Delete
  3. Hello dear, wonderful blog and great post :) I follow you with pleasure on gfc, bloglovin, twitter, instagram, pinterest, Google+ and facebook ;) if you wanna pass me by!

    http://teanonsolomoda.blogspot.it/

    Kiss Tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by!! :D I am following your blog too! <3

      Delete
  4. This sounds like a lovely bath :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried a bath melt before, but this sounds wonderfully relaxing. Will give it a try!!

    Bailey
    aka Bailey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!! :D I find that they are so lovely! :D

      Delete
  6. Excellent review, Ash! :) I've been wanting to try this one for a while now. It looks so soothing and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Chelsea!! :D I highly recommend it, I find it one of their most relaxing scented products :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...