Good morning, dear readers! :}
As we are nearing the close of September 2013, I feel it is time for a September Favourites post! :D I decided to add a section on the bottom of this post of my September Un-Favourites, too.
I have been seriously loving these this month:
Here is the list, in no particular order:
1. Lush Sea Spray hair mist - a texturizing spray that gives my hair body while keeping frizz down. It has a gorgeous fragrance (the same scent as Shine So Bright) and I keep getting compliments on it when I wear it :D
2. Lush Shine So Bright - a hair balm that smells absolutely gorgeous and helps with fly aways and keeping split end looking better.
3. Demeter Mahogany cologne spray - a strong, spicy wood scent that I am in love with. Perfect for the cooler months of the year :D
4. Demeter Cinnamon Bark massage and body oil - It smells like Philosophy's Gingerbread Man body scrub. Not a straight cinnamon scent, it smells like an autumn/winter blend with ginger and other spices.
5. Lush Ro's Argan body conditioner - Absolutely delicious rose jam scent, and it moisturises like a dream!
6. Lush Rose Jam bubbleroon - I love the Rose Jam scent and this makes my hard water much more soft, while leaving some delightful bubbles and a pink tinge to the bathwater.
7. Boscia B.B. Cream in Light - This blends easily, gives medium coverage, is the perfect colour for my pale skin, does not break me out and has a broad spectrum SPF of 27 PA
8. Light rye bread - because it is amazing.
9. Nutella -... oh god whyyyy??! I ate SO MUCH of this stuff!!
10. Earl Grey tea - because it is Earl Grey tea.
11. The Walking Dead - I re-watched the first two seasons this month, and I cannot wait until Oct 13th for the new season to start up. I heard that a new web series will be starting up on Oct 1st, so definitely check out their website for that! :D
12. Hex - a really interesting television show on the UK Netflix. It has Michael Fassbender in it, and oooh boy, he is lookin' gooooood!!
13. Orly nail polish in Buried Alive - this came out last fall in Orly's Dark Shadows collection, and it is a gorgeously rich dark brown, which is amazing for the cooler weather.
14. Ylvis - This band is hilarious!! I recommend that you go to YouTube and type in their name, and watch some of their music videos. :D
15. Starbucks pumpkin spice latte - need I say more?
Now, for the things I have not loved so much this month...
1. My nails got all brittle and the skin around them has been so dry, despite moisturising. I now have really uneven nubbins, and a bazillion hangnails. What the hell??! *angry face*
2. Being a smoker still. Ugh so bad for me and sooo expensive!! :(
3. My new Lush Vanilla Puff Powder. It smells weird, not at all like the other one I had before, which smelled like Vanillary. It must be a batch problem. :(
4. World War Z (the movie). I didn't hate it, but despite knowing that it was different from the book and watching it while trying to treat it as a stand-alone, I was a bit unimpressed. Which makes me feel bad because a lot of people spent a lot of time and money on this project. The main thing that bothered me was the way they did the zombies. They are all super-human fast, and almost all of them are CGI, which instantly dates the film. Even some zombies that were right in front of the camera were heavily computer generated. I can understand doing that for the crazy hoards, for obvious reasons (like hundreds and thousands of super fast undead). But I think they could have added in more makeup for the singular zombies. The Walking Dead uses really amazing makeup for most of their zombies, and so the show will still look visually amazing 10 years from now. But CGI zombies will look not-so-good in only a couple of years. But hey, what can you do?
What are some of your favourites for this month? :D Any un-favourites?
Have a wonderful day!!