Good morning, lovelies!! :)
Today I have another nail art tutorial for you...
YAY Polka-dots!! :D
The inspiration came from the cover of the October 2013 Flare magazine:
(Please excuse the camera flash)
On the cover Kerry Washington is wearing a coat by Miu Miu, and I thought it would be fun to make a design that had similar elements.
So here we go! :D
(Click the image to make it larger)
1. Start with a clean nail :D
2. Add your desired base colour until you reach opacity.
3. Paint two intersecting lines, (one vertical and one horizontal) using black acrylic paint and a fine brush. Make the vertical line a bit thicker than the horizontal one.
4. Start adding dots!! :D Use a fine tipped brush or a dotting tool (I use both in my designs), and make small dots out of black acrylic paint.
5. The finished dots.
6. Add some clear top coat, then put some rounded 'studs' onto the thicker line at even intervals. (These type of studs.) You can pick up the studs and place them using a toothpick dipped in top coat (to make it sticky), or some wax pencils (like these).
7. I wanted to add black studs for texture, but since I only had gold ones, I painted them with black acrylic paint.
8. Add a few thin lines of yellow with a fine paint brush. Add some top coat.
And there you go!! :D All done! :}
I hope you have a wonderful day!! :D If you have any ideas or suggestions for future tutorials, let me know below! :D
(P.S. I will get around to the water marbling, but it intimidates me so I am putting it off as long as I can XD)