Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Super Awesome Birthday!

Good morning, dear readers! :D

I wanted to thank my family, friends, and all of my lovely readers, for the wonderful birthday I had on Monday.  I am 28 now, and to be honest I don't feel any different, as I thought for most of last year that I already was 28 XD.

Cute Google birthday thingy XD

My birthday was sort of spread out over two days, as on Sunday we had a great BBQ and cake, and the next day was very relaxing.  I wanted to celebrate on Sunday instead of Monday (my actual birthday), so people could have an extra day between partying and going back to work (Monday was a civic holiday).

My sister made me an awesomely adorable spice cake with star sprinkles all over it XD.

I had been getting birthday gifts for at least a week or two leading up to my birthday, as my family and I are really bad about giving gifts early instead of waiting (which I am happy about hehehe :D).  I will be getting another gift today, if it comes in the mail (woohoo!).

For my birthday I got:
money (yaaaay!!  Lol)
Lush bath products (woooo!)
a meteorite (O_O!! A FREAKING METEORITE!!)
a "black cherry" Furby (this is so incredibly adorable, I can't even say :'D)
a dress (so beautiful and rainbow coloured!!!)
a shirt (so beautiful!!  And blue!)
the 4th Song of Ice and Fire book (I can't wait to read it!)
Reddit gold (aww yeah!)
Color and Light by James Gurney (So excited to read this! :D)
a beautiful card (I collect cards :D)

I am so incredibly thankful I can't even say!!!

I want to do some separate posts (like a separate post on the meteorite, Furby, my Lush haul etc.) because I believe that the amazing gifts I got are deserving of their own spotlight.  In no way am I trying to be like 'oh, here is what I got, I rock and I have the best things so yeah', I just want to show my full appreciation for what I have been so blessed to get.  I really cannot say how thankful I am about everything!  I am so lucky to have such caring and loving friends and family.

Thank YOU, all my wonderful readers, for being with me on this blogging journey.  I hope to get back into the swing of things now, and really amp up my posting and blog presence.

I (and many of my loved ones) have been going through a lot of things lately (mental illnesses mainly), and in part because of that, I have been neglecting my blog and creative endeavors.  I want to get back to posting more regularly, about a whole wide range of topics.

I have been slowly losing readers over the last while, which I am guessing is both from my absence and my different types of blog posts.  I can understand that, and I know that most of my readers signed on to follow my blog when I was heavily into nail polish and nail art, so that is what they want to see.

I will continue to do posts like this (I enjoy them! :D) but I want to branch out more and write about other topics that really interest me and have a place close to my heart.  My blog was originally going to be about art in general, and anything I wrote about that striked my fancy.  I just happened to stumble upon the amazingness that is nail art and polish, and so for a couple years almost all of my posts were based on those topics.

Although a part of me feels bad (it always sucks to lose readers) that I am not focusing on what my readers want most, I feel that this blog is an extension of myself and to be really fulfilling I should write about what I am most passionate about at the time, whether it be cosmetics, art, books, or anything else.

Thank you so incredibly much! :D  I hope that this year will be amazing (for all my loved ones!), and that I continue to learn and grow.  While a lot of people dread getting older, I think it isn't so bad. :) Sure I may start getting wrinkles soon and more grey hairs, but I will also get more time to spend with loved ones, more experiences to enjoy, and more knowledge.  I think that is a pretty darn fair trade off! XD

Take care, my friends!

-Ashesela

(P.S. I had photos from the dinner and of the cake and stuff, but then I accidentally deleted them.  :(  Sad face!)

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fantastic birthday! Happy Belated Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ A Girl and Her Polish: Thank you so much!!! :D!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful birthday you had! :) Happy belated birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Lisa N: Thank you so much Lisa!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a fantastic birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome, honey! It your blog and you are free to write about whatever your heart desires here. I'm personally a big fan of when bloggers cover a range of different topics, whether they relate back to a central them (vintage, fashion, beauty, crafts, etc) or not, and am really looking forward to all the different kinds of posts you're going to share with us (I loved the recent vintage magazine and ad ones).

    Here's to an incredible, joy filled year of fun and new adventures ahead!!!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Belated Birthday!! We readers will continue to support you and look forward to your next post!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday! Glad to hear you had a wonderful one! <3

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Meredith Anne: Thank you so much Meredith!! :D!!

    @ Jessica Cangiano: Thank you so very much, Jessica!! It is so lovely and encouraging to hear that, and I really appreciate it so much!! :'D

    @ Hazelnut: :'D Thank you so much, Hazelnut!! I appreciate that so, so much!!!

    @ Yun: Thank you so much Yun!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. We need pictures of the meteorite and the furby! Sounds like an amazing birthday. And I think you should blog about what you love and blog for yourself. My blog is a mix of everything, I would get bored or frustrated with just one topic. And your blog's name is Art Evolve... so you are just evolving.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had a great birthday and you got some awesome things :D I can't wait to see other posts from you <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you had a super awesome birthday! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...