Monday, August 19, 2013

Sunday Visit With Friends


Good morning, dear readers! :D

How was your weekend?  Mine was quite good!! :D

Health-wise I have been feeling not too bad for the last 3 or 4 days, which is absolutely awesome!  A part of me is waiting for the shoe to drop and for me to feel bad again, but I have to try to stay positive and take it one day at a time (sometimes one hour at a time, or one minute at a time).  My sister has also been ill lately, and thankfully was feeling a bit better yesterday, which makes me very happy.  I really hate watching loved ones suffer and not being able to do much about it.  I would take their illnesses into myself if it would only give them some relief. :(

On Friday, I visited with a few friends, and did the same on Sunday.

My lovely friend whom I had not seen in months visited me, and she brought me presents and cake! XD  The cake was a Japanese-style cheesecake, and it was demolished pretty fast XD!

Earlier this month I had my birthday, but due to several reasons she wasn't able to make it to my get-together.  She brought me a lovely bag filled with goodies:


There were some super delicious milky green tea candies, which I now LOVE:



(Seriously, these things are like slightly hardened toffee, but with an amazing green tea flavour!)

And adorable Japanese birthday card that I could actually remember how to read despite my memory issues:


(It says "o-tanjoubi omedetou" = a polite happy birthday)

and this lovely Nail Up magazine:




First of all I have to say that I LOVE Japanese magazines!!  They are such better quality than the ones I find here in Canada (they are larger, more durable and have such lovely, glossy covers!).  My friend went to Japan a few months ago and was so sweet enough to pick this up for me!  She knows how much I love these nail magazines (I have a few more Japanese magazines from her), and being Japanese, she can translate anything in them for me :D.

Thank you so much Tomoko!!!  You are such a wonderful friend and I am so fortunate to have met you!! :'D  I cannot thank you enough for your friendship and kindness all of these years (can you believe it has been 7 already?!)

Speaking of friends, my other friend Robyn has been visiting with my sister and I a lot in the last past week or so, which is awesome!  Although we have always lived very close together, we rarely got the chance to hang out over the years outside of school.  While she will be going back to University in the fall, we are doing a lot of catching up and it has been really wonderful!  She is hilarious and sweet, and I couldn't ask for a more lovely friend! :D  Yesterday evening the three of us (her, my sister and I) were going through old notes and letters we had written to each other in school over ten years ago.  It's amazing that we have known each other for over 20 years now!!  Where does the time go?

I hope that you (my dearest readers!) have had a great weekend as well!

Take care and have an amazing day! :D

-Ashesela



9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good day on Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey, I'm so happy that you've been having a few positive days on the health front. I can wholeheartedly relate to that feeling of waiting for the other shoe to drop. It often does, but worrying about it doing so just robs you of the incredible-ness that is this good day (or stretch of days) that you've been blessed with. One never knows what's around the next corner, so when a (super rare) okay day comes my way, I try to appreciate it in the moment and get as much out of it as possible.

    Wishing you countless more good days this month & always,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayy for a good weekend!! :D I hope your sister keeps on getting better! and I really wanna try the green tea candy now.. haha ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Lisa N: I really did!!! :D

    @ Meredith Anne: It really was :D!!!

    @ Jessica Cangiano: Thank you so much, Jessica. I really appreciate your support and kindness, and I wish you the best of health. :'D You are so right about trying to enjoy a good day without worrying about what the next day may be like (which is a big problem with me). Thank you again so much for your (always!) kind words!!! :'D

    @ Hazelnut: Thank you so much, Hazelnut!!! I hope that she does too! :D Ohh, if you get the chance to, you really should try them!! They are dangerously addictive! XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an amazing weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ OPI Addict: It really was!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw so awesome! :D I hope you're having a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Japanese magazines! There are so many pictures and goodies inside!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...