Monday, April 22, 2013

Born Pretty Store False Nail and Wax Rhinestone Picker Review

Good morning, dear readers!

Today I have a review on some products that were sent to me from the Born Pretty Store.

First up is the wax rhinestone picker:



I got sent two of these wax 'pencils', which you sharpen and use to pick up rhinestones.  These work wonderfully!! :D



After I sharpened one to reveal the wax, I warmed up the tip a bit and it picked up rhinestones with great ease.  This is seriously so handy for me, as I used to use a toothpick with a bit of clear polish at the end to pick up nail decorations.  When I used the toothpick, I had to keep applying the clear polish in order for it to be tacky enough to pick things up, and that could be a real pain.  These wax sticks are a really inexpensive tool that work beautifully, and I highly recommend them. :D (Note: if you sharpen yours and you find that it isn't picking things up, just warm up the wax tip a bit with your fingers and then it should work really well!)

Next up are these soft stiletto false nails:

They come in a big bag...


With smaller bags inside (each containing 50 nails), each labelled by their size number:


Here they are, arranged from size 0 to 9:



These are lovely to work with!  I enjoy their shape and that they aren't too long, so filing them down would be a cinch.

Here I kept their original size (with a bit of tip filing to get rid of irregularities):




(I am not the best at putting false nails on myself).

The rhinestones were applied using the wax rhinestone picker, which made the job much easier and faster.

So in total you get 500 false nails, which I know I will have a lot of fun using for future nail art designs. :D One thing to keep in mind is that they seem thinner (in width) than the other squared false nails I recieved from the Born Pretty Store, so if you have very wide thumb nails, it may be a bit tricky to find false nails big enough to cover them.  The thumb nail in the photos above is a size 0, so it is the largest out of the lot and just covered my thumb nail with little room to spare.  Also, some of the tips have bumps and dips on them, but they can be easily filed down.

I think these are wonderful to work with, and I look forward to experimenting with them in the future.

All in all I am extremely pleased with both of these products!! :D

I hope you have a wonderful day!!

-Ashesela

EDIT: I forgot to mention that there is a 10% off code to the Born Pretty Store, which is CBJ61!! :D

7 comments:

  1. The wax pencil is such a good idea!

    I love what you've done to the falsies, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally love that wax rhinestone-picker-upper pencil!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think that wax pencil would work with their sequins? That flat glitter is such a pain to pick up, but I love using it. If the wax pencil works with those, I need it! x)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those waxes pencils are very cool - I can't help but think how well they'd work in certain crafting situations, too, like when I'm working with small rhinestones or beads for a paper crafting or jewelry project. I'll have to add some to my "to buy" list. Thanks for the intro! :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sparkly blue look you created to show these off together, and I can't wait to see what else you create on these nails! I've been looking at the wax tool myself as well--looks like it'd be much, much easier than the clear polish dab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Robyn Munro: Thank you so much!!! :D

    @ Lindsey R: Me too!!! :D

    @ Kasey Campa: I think it probably would, as the surface of the rhinestones are clear plastic. :D If it can pick those up, I imagine it could pick up most nail art thingies :D

    @ Jessica Cangiano: That is so true (I never thought about using them outside of nail art! XD) Thank you for the suggestion!! :D

    @ Elizabeth: Thank you so much!!! :D Oh, it really is so much easier!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those wax pencils :D
    Wow that's a lot of fake nails to do some amazing art with! hehe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...