Thursday, November 08, 2012

No H8


Good morning, dear readers!

Something was brought to my attention lately; that people were being bullied in the online nail polish community, because of how "bad" their manicures were.  They were picked on because their clean-up wasn't perfect.  They were treated poorly because they didn't do a perfect job every time.

That disgusts me.

EVERYONE has to learn how to do things.  No one is born knowing how to do everything, and no one is perfect.

Yet to treat someone badly because they do not stack up against someone else's standards is just wrong.



"Bullying is not funny. It is not cool. It is not right. And more importantly, it is not okay. 


Most of us are, thankfully, residents of countries that support tolerance and many of our families have settled in these places simply for that reason. Generations later, it is our responsibility to perpetuate that message of tolerance across our new social platforms, including the internet.

As members of the nail polish blogging community, we all share a love of beauty, color, and lacquer. Other than that, we are remarkably different: from our race to our religion to our hair color...even to our polish application techniques. To marginalize anyone because of those differences is completely unacceptable and today I take a stand against that. I refuse to allow other people's view of "normal" dictate how I behave, believe, and blog.

In solidarity with a multitude of bloggers, my purple manicure represents my proud commitment to the No H8 movement. Today, November 8, I dedicate my post to ending bullying of any kind and to encouraging diversity and imperfection among our colourful community.






Please note that Llarowe will be donating $2.00 of every purple polish sold on her site from 12am Thursday, November 8 through 12am Friday, November 9 to Pacer.org, an organization devoted to anti-bullying education.

If you or someone you know suffers from bullying, there is help.  Please visit the following sites for support and encouragement:

StopBullying.gov
Report Cyber Bullying
National Suicide Prevention Hotline - 800.273.TALK (8255)
Eradicate H8"


Please check out this post over at amandalandish.com for more links and No H8 manicures.

Here are some older photos of mine from last year:





These photos were after clean-up.  No one is perfect.

-Ashesela

18 comments:

  1. My old photos look like that too! You've got to start somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks gorgeous, thxxx for the support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!
    My old photos are far from perfect, but everyone starts somewhere! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post! love the gradient with the art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that mani is really beautiful and for an amazing cause! actually one time this girl made fun of my because my cuticles are dry :( i know it was such a stupid thing, but it really hurt my feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your mani and amen to the cause!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful mani and a lovely cause - great to read & see!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is absolutely sickening! My goodness, why must some people be so devoid of manners and respect for those around them. You're awesome, hon, thank you for taking a stand against this issue.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Unfortunately, people seem to forget that they weren't perfect when they started either! I sure wasn't! I really don't get how can some people be so mean.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Smashley Sparkles: So true!! And these photos were after I did clean up!! They looked much more messy before! :D

    @ LacquerDreams: Thank you so much!! :D

    @ NailNarcotics: Thank you very much!!! :D

    @ Shannara: Thank you so much!! I am so happy that so many of us did this!! :D

    @ Nailtopia: Thank you so much!! :D And it is so true... I hate it how people look down on others who are still learning and are trying!

    @ Stephanie: Thank you so much!! :D!

    @ ChiChi: Thank you very much!!! :D

    @ LittleMonsterx14: Thank you for your kind words!! I am so sorry to hear about that mean person. : ( People like that make me ill!! I think everyone should encourage one another, and realize how much work and care goes into what we do. I think your stuff is AWESOME! :D

    @ Amanda: Thank you so much!! :D!

    @ Chelsea: Thank you so much!!!! :D

    @ Julz Perri: Thank you so much, I really appreciate that!!! :D

    @ Jessica Cangiano: Thank you so much for being an awesome, caring person!!! :D

    @ Raquel: I really don’t understand it either!! Everyone should encourage one another and appreciate how much time and effort goes into what we do. I really wonder why some people just can't be nice. >.<

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing post! I love the mani :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful for an amazing cause <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your pictures from last year, I had thought about doing the same thing, but was so embarrassed by how messy mine were, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...