Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Twinsie Tuesday - Copycat Manicure

Good super early morning, dear readers!

Today is Twinsie Tuesday!  (I would have liked to schedule this post for 9:00 a.m., but whenever I try to do that the posts don't post! :(  So since my sleeping schedule is all screwy, I'm posting this now in order to make it on time!)


For today's post, we entered our names in Elfster, which randomly (and secretly) drew another Twinsie's name.  We were then to pick a manicure they had done in the past, and emulate it.  :D

I got two Twinsie's names, so I have two manicures to show you. :D

First up: Tara!!  (Today is her birthday, so don't forget to stop by her blog and send her some birthday wishes!! :D  HAPPY BIRTHDAY TARA!!! ^_^)

I really liked the fire manicure she did for the Hunger Games (here), and so I did my own version of it, giving a nod to her design.  While I did not have the same polish she had, I used a similar glitter by Color Club.  I used black paint to freehand the design.






Next up: Elizabeth!! :D

I thought that her dandelion manicure (here) was really(!!) adorable, and so I had to do one too!! :D  Unfortunately I am not happy with how mine turned out, but you live and you learn. XD





I used China Glaze Sea Spray for the base, and white and black acrylic paint for the dandelions.

The flowers didn't turn out the way I wanted, my top coat bubbled and it also streaked the paint.  Sigh!!  Thankfully I used a glue basecoat and was able to peel this manicure off really fast (and easily!:D).

On a brighter note, don't forget to check out these awesome blogs for more Twinsie Tuesday posts, and please check out the original posts which have the designs I emulated! :D


Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Cordia at Seriously Swatched
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Katherine at Haul of Fame
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Meredith at Polish and Charms
Rachel at Top Coat It
Sarah at See Sarah Swatch
Tara at Polishy of Truth

Have an awesome day!! :D

-Ashesela


30 comments:

  1. WOW these are both gorgeous! I want to copy these manis! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so super awesome, Ash!!! I love both!!! How did you end up with two??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww thanks! <3 these are both beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both so beautiful. I would not want to take them off! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with both of these!!!! You're amazing, Ash <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. SQUEE!! Ash, these both turned out so amazingly cool. I *love* how you guys did the black to make the "negative space" to leave the flames uncovered instead of painting the flames themselves. And I really love your take on the dandelions! Sorry you had some bubbling, but your details are just so, so pretty. Thank you, girl!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was swooning over the first one, and just about tipped off the couch when I saw the second. Seriously amazing work - I'm smitten with both of these sublime manis!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, these both look amazing, Ash!! I'm sure Tara and Elizabeth will be proud! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Tami McTaggart: Thank you so much!!! :D

    @ The Daily Lacquerista: Thank you so much!!! :’D

    @ Sharra Farivar: Thank you very much!!! :D

    @ AllThatIsGorgeous: Thank you so much, Jenn!! :D One of the ladies didn’t have someone to do a mani for them, so I did both. :D

    @ Tara: Thank you so much Tara!! Happy Birthday!! :D

    @ natalsie: Thank you so much!!! :D

    @ Malinda: Aw thank you very much!!! :’D

    @ drinkcitra: Aw gawrsh *blushes*. Thank you so much!! XD :’D

    @ Elizabeth: :D :D :D!!! YAY!! I’m so glad you like them! Thank you so much Elizabeth!! :’D

    @ ChiChi: Yay!! Thank you so much!! :D

    @ Jessica Cangiano: Aw you are so kind!!! :’D Thank you so much Jessica!!

    @ Marias Nail Art: Thank you so much!! :’D

    @ Chelsea: :’D Thank you so much Chelsea!! :’D

    ReplyDelete
  10. amazing job on both of them! also, you can schedule your posts so you can write it one day, then it can automatically post on the day/time that you pick. thats how I post all my..er..posts :-P so they can all go up at 10 even if I am at work or alseep

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you did a wonderful job with both of these!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These both look fabulous! The flames are... Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both look amazing!!! Your nail art is so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How did you end up with two names, I wonder? Both are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both of these are drop dead gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You did such a fantastic job on both! Color me impressed ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those are gorgeous! You are so talented! I really like the dandelion one-- I've seen that around but I'm not yet skilled enough to try it. Yours looks amazing, though!

    ReplyDelete
  18. @ LittleMonsterx14: Thank you very much!! :D Unfortunately the last (and only) two times I scheduled them, they didn’t go up. I don’t know why, because they were scheduled to. :/

    @ Amanda: Thank you so much Amanda!! :D

    @ Cordia: :’D Thank you so much!!

    @ Norelis Ocasio: Thank you very much Nory!! :D

    @ MariJo: You are so sweet!! :’D Thank you!!

    @ TopCoatIt: Thank you!! :D One of the people I did a manicure for wasn’t able to get a name in Elfster, so I did two. :D

    @ HaulOfFame: Thank you so much!!! :’D

    @ Maribeth: Aw thank you, Maribeth!! :’D

    @ JennaFroggy: Thank you so much Jenna!! :D

    @ Lindsey R: Thank you so very much!!! :’D

    @ Meredith Anne: Thank you very much, Meredith!! :D

    @ GoingtotheShowing: You are so kind to me Anna!! :’D

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are both gorgeous! I love the gold glitter you used in the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry you didn't like these...but I love them :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...