Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Shell French Manicure

Good morning, dear readers!

Today I have Sarah's (from See Sarah Swatch) franken 'A Whole New World' as a base for my manicure, with some crushed blue shells on the tips.







(I added the side photo to show you how thick the shells are on the tips).

I was sent a set of crushed shells from Everbella so that I may do a review on them (this set).  To be honest, at first I wasn't sure what I would do with these.  I had seen some manicures that looked pretty cool while using these, but I was drawing a blank.  So I did what I love to do with glitters: swiped a line of top coat on the tips and dipped them in the pot.  When I patted the shells down to make them more smooth, I held my hand out and looked at the effect... so cool!! :D  I am really impressed by how this turned out!  Also, look at that stunning blue! XD  (I LOVE blue!).

While the shells are pretty gritty and do snag if you haven't added lots of top coat to smooth them down, you can get really interesting effects with these.  I think you could make some pretty awesome manicure and pedicure designs with this product, which would be perfect for summer!  Plus, the set does come with a decent colour range.

I don't know if I would order these after running out, as they are a bit snaggy and I don't see myself wearing them too often (personal preference, absolutely nothing wrong with the product itself).  But then again, they are very cheap and can really make a manicure pop.  I am glad to have the opportunity to try these out! :D

Although this product was sent to me for review, I will be honest and tell you the truth.  That is all I could ask from any blogger who reviews products.

Take care, and if you have any questions, please feel free to send them my way.

-Ashesela


14 comments:

  1. @ YoannitaL: Thank you so much!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Bethany Taylor: They are really interesting to use!

    @ Polish and Charms: Thank you!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how it looks, but is it easy to wear? Doesn't it get stuck on clothes and scratches?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super cool! Your manis never disappoint, girly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Raquel: It does catch a bit, so you have to be careful. Personally I would probably just pick these off if I left them that thick. They do look neat though!

    @ LittleMonsterx14: Thank you so much!! :D

    @ Amanda: Aw, you are so sweet! Thank you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would immediately destroy this manicure just because I have to pick at anything like that haha It looks gorgeous too and that franken is even more gorgeous than it looked in the bottle! That will definitely be a lemming of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Crystal: Haha, I know how you feel! Oh, and I will soon post a photo of that beautiful polish by itself; it is sooooo pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! Love what you decided to do with them. Sucks that it snags on things though. I can only imagine! I had stars on my tips one time and I was working in retail at the time so they would get caught all the time when I would be folding clothes! I really like the way this mani looks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree. I like how shells look, but they're just too rough and I hate how adding top coat makes them look.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...