Friday, December 16, 2011

Festive Candy Cane-ish Manicure




Good evening, dear readers.

First off I wanted to thank you for your kind comments regarding my last post. They really help me to feel better, and I appreciate that so much!! :D

Second, here is the manicure that I promised to post. Messy, but oh well! Hopefully my next manicure will be better. :)

For the white I used Orly Au Champagne, and for the red stripes I used China Glaze Winter Berry. For the green stripes I used China Glaze Holly Day. For the red background I used China Glaze Ring in the Red and Poinsettia on top of that. I used China Glaze Champagne Bubbles for the gold, then topped that off with loose gold glitter. It is odd for me to wear such yellow golds, but I thought they went well with this look. I then added some Sephora by O.P.I Only Gold for Me for the added sparkle, and after some top coat I was done!

Phew! I was pretty tired when I did this mani. Then again, I've been tired most of the time lately.

On a different note, I keep seeing swatches of the Essie Luxe Effects collection and I reaaaally want to find it! I haven't seen it anywhere near me yet. :( Although I would love to get my hands on Shine of the Times, As Gold As It Gets is what is making me drool! It is sooo pretty, and already I am imagining the polishes I could layer it on top of! I really hope that I can find this collection, and if I do, that that polish is not sold out!

What do you think of the Essie Luxe Effects collection?

Have a wonderful evening, my friends!

-Ashesela

12 comments:

  1. They kind of remind me of patches you would see on a nut cracker...if that makes sense...they look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I know how it feels to be tired all the time. Bleh. :( Happens to me every single winter.

    Glad to see you managed to work up the energy for a mani :) I particularly like your pinkie finger for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, I especially like the design on your pinky and middle fingers. I picked up Shine of the Times but passed up on all of the other Luxeffects. I tested it and loved it but have yet to do a full mani with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This must have taken so long! I can't imagine being able to do something so intricate on my nails, I don't have the skill or the patience haha. But you did a beautiful job!

    And Essie Luxeffects are all ammmaazzinnnggg! I'm wearing A Cut Above, the last of the ones I bought, right now. I seriously love them all!

    Also, I've given you a Liebster Blog Award! :) I've posted the details for it on my site if you'd like to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope your feeling better, this looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Polish and Charms: Thank you very much!! :D

    @ Allie-bee: Thank you!! :D Winter is my favourite season, but it doesn't look very wintery outside right now. Well, technically it is still Fall, but you know what I mean.

    @ Anita: Thank you very much! :D I'm looking forward to seeing you do a full manicure with it!:D

    @ YoannitaL: Thank you so much :'D!!

    @ Chelsea: Thank you!! :D It took longer than it should have because I was very tired, but I love working with small details! It is definitely one of my favourite things to do! A Cut Above is pretty unique to me; I don't recall seeing a polish quite like it!
    Thank you so much for the blog award, I appreciate it so very much!!!! :D

    @ Shannara: Thank you so much for your kindness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! Your striping is awesome with the different colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this mani, it's so festive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Nail Reflections: Thank you so much!! :D I was a bit frustrated by how the lines came out, but I was also kinda blah at the time, too.

    @ Sandra: Thank you very much!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a very original design you've come up with. :) It really looks fun and festive. Plus the added glitter really adds that extra oomph! Great job, and your photos are wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Swatch And Learn: You are so sweet!! :D Thank you so much! ^-^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...