Sunday, December 04, 2016

Colour Pop Lippie Stix Review - Brink

Good evening, and happy December, dear readers!

I want to make a bunch more posts this month as December is my favourite month of the year, and I LOVE CHRISTMAS THINGS!!

This isn't related to Christmas per se, but it was a gift so that works, right??

This is Colour Pop's Lippie Stix in Brink.  (Also, every single Colour Pop cosmetic I own was generously gifted to me from my sister!! :'D)

BrinkBrink

(Not my images, images taken from here.)

According to Colour Pop:
"A warm dusty taupe in a matte finish. Curated by @brittanysuleiman. Inspired by the insta-famous Kylie lip"

This is a really gorgeous colour, and it's almost like one of those 'your-lips-but-better' shades on my skin.  The formula is very creamy but after some time it looses its creaminess and gets more dry.



I've had this for a while now so it's a little beat up after being stuffed in my purse.

I really like this product.  I wouldn't say it's super long wearing, especially if you eat and drink while wearing it, but I like applying lipstick to I don't mind if I need to re-apply it.

The packaging is handy and I like that the product is on a slant so if you keep using it in that way then it keeps a bit of an edge on it which I find helps with lip contours (especially getting around the edges).



(This was evening bathroom lighting.)

Here is a photo with some light from my light box:


In this photo below the lighting washed out some of the colour in my face and the lipstick and turned out like this (!):



The Lippie Stix name reminds me of something Bonne Bell would have come up with in the 90's-early 00's (they had some great makeup!) so it has a bit of a nostalgia factor to me.

This retails for $5 USD.

Again I will have to say that I adore Colour Pop and I am going to have many more reviews up for them soon.  Their prices and the quality of their products still impresses me a lot, and they have so many gorgeous shades to choose from!

What are some of your favourite cosmetics brands?

Have a lovely evening!!

-Ash

6 comments:

  1. I have so many Colourpop lippies that are my fav! Oh my goodness! I wouldn't even know where to begin! Have you ordered anymore?! They're perfection for the price!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fantastic! I am so impressed by the quality and the price! I have a bunch more Colour Pop products that I'll be reviewing as my sister bought me so many!! :'D One of these days I really need to make an order and buy her a bunch of them too to make up for her kindness! ^_^

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the colour too! :D

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...