Monday, November 07, 2016

Golden Wonder - Lush Review

Good afternoon, dear readers!

I really thought I had done a review before of Lush's Golden Wonder bath bomb, but when I searched my blog to link it in another post, I couldn't find a review of it on here.  So, now I'm putting one up!  I started a post on 24/10/2013 and now I'm finally publishing a Golden Wonder review.

My sister got this for me and I am so happy!!  :D Thank you so much to my sister!!!!! : D This is one of my favourite Lush bath bombs ever. : D

This comes out around the winter holiday season, and it has been out often (so if you don't try it this year but would like to in the future, there's a decent chance it will be back next year or the one after that).

The Golden Wonder has an adorable present look to it, with a shimmery gold box and a white bow shape.  It's hollow inside, and has different coloured mini bath bomb half-spheres (hemispheres?).


   

(The first two Golden Wonder images are from the most recent one I tried, the other two are from a few years ago.)

According to Lush.ca:

"A wonder to behold
Fancy an uplifting cocktail? Cognac and zesty lime oils get this bath party started with mood-brightening scents while sweet orange oil refreshes the senses. In the water, this present-shaped fizzer unwraps itself to reveal glittering golden luster and a sparkling turquoise explosion. Don't wait until Christmas day to bathe yourself in festive luxury."

Their older description was:
 "LUXURIOUS CHAMPAGNE SOAK
Golden Wonder is back again this year and we can’t wait to hop in the tub with this fizzy golden gift! It simply wouldn’t be a LUSH Christmas without soaking in its soft citrus fragrance; a gorgeous, uplifting blend of sweet orange, lime and cognac oils. Drop this best-seller in your bath and watch it put on a colorful show as the vibrant gifts inside reveal themselves and leave you with soft, champagne-scented skin."

Here are the ingredients:

Sodium Bicarbonate , Citric Acid , Fragrance , Sweet Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis) , Cognac Oil (Vitis Vinifera) , Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia) , Cream of Tartar (Potassium bitartrate) , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Lauryl Betaine , Dipropylene Glycol , Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides) , Benzyl Benzoate , Citronellol , *Limonene , *Linalool , *Citral , Orange 4 , Yellow 8 , Red 27 , Blue 1 , Golden Stars; Golden Lustre (Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Propylene glycol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides) . *Occurs naturally in essential oils

This is a beautiful bath bomb that also smells delightful!!  The water turns such a lovely greenish blue, and the golden shimmer adds that extra gorgeousness.  There are also the cutest little golden stars that get released when the bath bomb dissolves:



EEEE THOSE STARS!  THAT COLOUR!!

I really, really like the scent this has!  It's very lovely and light and fruity, while being very strong at the same time.  I also adore the colour the bathwater turns, and that generally bath bombs make the water and my skin feel smoother to me.  I didn't notice if this one made my skin feel smoother as I was thinking of other things, but I love the feeling the bathwater gets with it and I'm guessing this did make my skin feel nicer as bath bombs usually do (when I pay attention to that). There is also a lovely golden shimmer in the water, but my photos didn't pick it up as well.

I think this will always be a favourite Lush product of mine. :D

Have a wonderful day!

-Ashley




3 comments:

  1. Love how it turned the water to look like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it such a gorgeous colour? And those stars!! EEE!!!

      Delete
  2. Look at that teal water, lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...