Colour Pop Ultra Satin Lip - Marshmallow

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Good evening, dear readers!

My sister introduced me to Colour Pop, an indie makeup brand with some fantastic makeup at amazingly good prices.  I am a big fan of this brand now, and thank you soooooooooo much to my amazing sister who got me a LOT of Colour Pop makeup (all of the Colour Pop I own were gifts from her!)!! :D

Today I have a review of Colour Pop's Ultra Satin Lip in Marshmallow.

Marshmallow
(Not my image, image taken from here.)

According to Colour Pop:
"Marshmallow
We weren’t fluffin’ around with this greyed out lavender. It’ll make you want s’more."

Marshmallow
(Also not my image; image taken from here.)

This retails for $6 USD.

This shade is gorgeous!!! O_O  Can I also say that the name is adorable?
However, this is a tricky colour to photograph (for me, anyway!  I tend to have problems with pinks and purples in photos.)

I had to colour correct the images to a closer match than what my camera picked up:




(For reference, this was what the un-touched photos looked like before):



Close, but much more brown-pink than it actually is.

The photos of Marshmallow on my lips aren't the clearest as I mostly used my front camera on my phone, and depending on the lighting it turned out vastly different.  I think this is pretty close to the actual shade though:


(I think it's a bit warmer toned than the photo right above this sentence.)


I really like this very much!!  I adore the colour, the name is adorable, the pigment is strong and while it will transfer if you get it on something, most non-matte lipsticks will do that and this feels like a creamy lipstick.  Because it's creamy, if the pigment starts to wear off around the middle of the lips you can just rub your lips together to redistribute it.  You can use the doe-foot applicator to apply this directly, or a lip brush.  This isn't like the Ultra Matte products which start liquid and then dry to a matte finish (and are harder to transfer), but this also means that this feels more moisturizing.

I think it's definitely worth the price!!

Thank you again to my wonderful sister for all the Colour Pop presents!! :'D

Have you tried Colour Pop before?

-Ash

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Great to hear you liked this lip product from them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. My sister got it for me because of a lip colour I had been reminiscing about from a Final Fantasy game :D!! I'm so happy to have it!

      Delete
  3. ASH! I LOVE Colourpop! They have some great things! And this looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much Anna!! I hope you are doing well!! :D

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! :D