Howdy!

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Good afternoon, dear readers!

It's definitely been quite a while since I posted on this blog.  For one, I've been focusing more energy and time on the relationships I have with loved ones.  :D

I've also been battling with a lot of anxiety and depression and the mental illnesses can drain a lot of my energy and drive to do things I would otherwise enjoy.  Thankfully I have incredible support from my family and friends.

I've been watching some interesting videos online in the past two days regarding mental health, and I'd like to post links to them on here for those who might be interested:

The first one is a brilliant lecture on depression:
Stanford's Sapolsky on Depression in U.S. by Robert Sapolsky


(Also to those interested, the Stanford YouTube page has a bunch of lectures up for free!)

Stress, Portrait of a Killer by National Geographic and Robert Sapolsky (this is about severity in which stress can affect the human body, very eye-opening and can be actually stressful to some, but at the same time it really shows the importance of taking care of oneself and finding ways to cope with and lower stress in ones life)

I thought this TedTalk was really sweet:
A New Plan for Anxious Feelings: Escape the Custard! by Neil Hughes


I also thought this was a really sweet video with lovely suggestions:
How I Reduce Anxiety & Relax Naturally by holistichabits


She seems to be a lovely person who exudes joy and the video was relaxing to watch.  While I don't personally resonate with all the things that she lists as ways for her to relax (I don't personally believe that there are healing powers from gemstones) it really can be individual finding things that can help oneself.  She lists some lovely ideas for relaxation.

Also I do want to mention, if you do decide to take herbal supplements in the form of a tablet or tea or anything like that, please be sure to research it especially if you take medications of any kind.  There can be interactions between some herbs and medications and it's best to be safe when trying them (like St. John's Wort).

Well!  This seems a good enough "hi I'm going to more active on my blog in this part of the year" post, so I'll wrap this one up for now and hit the publish button.

Have a wonderful day!

-Ash

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. It SO nice to see you posting again <3 I hope all has been well with everything :) I love that you shared these. I struggle with some of these as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! :D! I really appreciate that! I hope that you have been doing well! I'm really glad that you like the links I posted. :D I thought they were very insightful (albeit a bit scary about the stress, but I already knew that it was a very serious thing)

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! :D