Demeter Fragrance Review - Pumpkin Pie

Thursday, July 09, 2015

Good morning, dear readers!

Today I have a review of Demeter Fragrance's Pumpkin Pie.


According to demeterfragrance.com:

"What Thanksgiving would be complete without Pumpkin Pie? The memories of the laughter in the air and the smell coming from the kitchen dominates; pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, a touch of ginger and hint of cloves.

When it comes to Thanksgiving we all have special and fond memories, whether it is of a special guest, the origin of a family tradition, or a particular reason to be thankful. Our fondest memories of Thanksgiving are the ones of childhood. The family would gather at grandmother's to celebrate. There had to have been at least 50 or more of us there. The kids would be outside playing, while the women were in the kitchen cooking and the men where in the living room watching football on TV (not very millennium, but that's how it was).

And, of course, there is the rest of the story. According to a study at the Monell Institute in Philadelphia, the smell of Pumpkin Pie increases the arousal level in men by 40%. Maybe our mothers and grandmothers intuitively knew this as truth; the Farm Journal's Complete Pie Cookbook, circa 1965, says it best: 'Men love Pie'."


Originally I thought about saving this review for September, but I changed my mind.  I think pumpkin pie is so delicious, and I love how much it reminds me of fall (surprisingly I'm the only person in my whole immediate family that actually likes it!) 

When I saw this listed on the Demeter web page, I absolutely had to get it!  Autumn and winter are my favourite seasons, and I tend to get very nostalgic for them during spring and summer.  I've been especially craving those seasons lately as the weather has been getting too hot for me and it's making me grumpy. :(

So, on a hunt for scents that reminded me of those beautiful months and to cheer myself up, I grabbed several vials of various fragrances hoping to bring me some relief until those seasons actually arrive again.  

When I first spray Pumpkin Pie on me, I get... pumpkin pie!  (Hahah sorry, I had to!).  I get the spices and some pumpkin puree, and it smells glorious!  After a few moments (seriously, really fast) the cinnamon comes out and dominates the fragrance, and it turns into a scent very reminiscent of cinnamon heart candies.  It flickers between that and cinnamon festive candles, but I find it's slightly more on the candy side of the spectrum.  I don't notice much in the way of crust, as some other reviewers get.  Also the actual pumpkin part does fade really fast, and isn't noticeable for long, leaving you with a mainly spicy scent.  

While I hoped that it would have more pumpkin in it and that it would stick around for longer, I do really enjoy cinnamon hearts and I like this cologne!  It's a warm, spicy scent that cheers me up, and I think I may pick up the splash size in a future order.  I'd wear it in the autumn (or when I want to think of autumn!) and winter (especially around Valentine's Day!).  :D

I'll be back soon with more Demeter reviews!

Take care and have a wonderful day :D

-Ash

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I looove the scent of pumkin pie and I always get candles with that kind of scent for the fall. Maybe this one would work better as a room diffuser?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very possibly!! I think it makes a lovely perfume, but the pumpkin part might last longer as a room fragrance. It could be that my skin just reacts with the fragrance and makes it not as pumpkin-y! XD

      Delete
  2. wow pumpkin pie fragrance, I am quite curious as to how this smells! =) but im sure its gonna be awesome cos i love pumpkin~

    <3 Celly asian beauty and makeup blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love pumpkin too!! :D Sadly the pumpkin part of the fragrance didn't last very long on my skin, but it might on someone with different chemistry. Even though that happened with me, the fragrance is still very lovely :D

      Delete
  3. I love pumpkin everything and this sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the same way and this year it started early!!! I was literally looking at possible Halloween costumes online on Canada Day. As much as I love a lot of elements of summer, I am very much looking forward to the return of my favourite season, autumn, too.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D