Lush Sugar Scrub Review

Thursday, May 28, 2015


Good evening, dear readers! :D

Today I have a review of Lush's Sugar Scrub body scrub.

This retails for $6.25 Can. for 100 grams.




"Stimulating ginger and fennel sugar scrub
Our solid Sugar Scrub is tough on cellulite and unwanted bumps, but kind on your skin. It’s no nonsense attitude doesn’t waste any time getting down to business; sweetly exfoliating with Fair Trade sugar and stimulating circulation with fennel and ginger. It’s not all rough stuff though; calming lavender has a balancing effect and encourages healthier skin. Get yourself wet in the bath or shower (but don’t let the bar get under the running water). Scrub, scrub, scrub and rinse away! You’ll be left with smoother, cleaner and radiant skin. Water you waiting for? Get scrubbing!" - Lush.ca



Ingredients: Granulated Fair Trade Sugar Sodium Bicarbonate Cream of Tartar (Potassium bitartrate) Sodium Laureth Sulfate Fresh Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare) Fennel Oil (Foeniculum vulgare) Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia) Fresh Ginger Root (Zingiber officinalis) Lauryl Betaine *Limonene ,*Linalool Fragrance Chlorophyllin . *Occurs naturally in essential oils



I read that it's best to break up the scrub and use only as much as you need, as opposed to trying to rub the entire scrub on you in solid form.  Once water hits the scrub it starts to dissolve, so depending on how much water got on it, using it in one big piece may make it last for only one go.  By breaking it up you have more control over how much you use, and can make this scrub last for several rounds.

I tried hitting it repeatedly with a sturdy butter knife, and tried to chip away at it, but barely anything happened as it was as hard as rock.  It was also around 4 a.m., so I couldn't do anything too loud in the house (like hit it with a hammer!), so I went out front with the scrub in two sandwich bags, and thwacked it repeatedly on the cement front step. XD That worked pretty well!

I put the scrub into an empty Blousey container I had, then used a thick spoon to break up the remaining chunks a bit more.




To use it, I grabbed a couple of the larger pieces, put them in the palm of my hand, and dribbled water over them.  I crushed them with my fingers until they melted down into a green paste, then I rubbed that on my skin.  I tried using a chunk of it straight on my skin, and that is NOT a good idea D:.  It was too hard and scraped rather roughly, and it was very unpleasant.

It does foam up a little bit, as SLS is an ingredient.  Nothing too foamy, and it is funny smearing greenish stuff on your arms and legs.  XD

The scent is quite lovely, and I'm guessing it is the fennel that I am smelling, although I am not as familiar with that herb, and so cannot be 100% sure.  It does scent the skin a little bit, but the fragrance stays very close to the skin.

Afterwards my skin was definitely smoother, but I attribute a lot of that to the softening ingredients than to the actual scrubbing.  As it starts to melt, the scrubbiness starts going away, so I couldn't scrub with it for too long.  I'm sure it would have done more had I used more chunks, but that's just something to keep in mind.  Work fast, and you should be okay! :D

Would I purchase it again?  Probably not, as I prefer having something that really moisturizes my skin as well, like the Buffy body bar.  I could just put moisturizer on afterwards, but I've been spoiled by the other products Lush carries.  >:D

The scrub does what it says it will do, but not as effectively as other scrubs I have tried.  I suggest the Buffy bar.  However, if you want a Lush scrub that doesn't leave a rather noticeable layer of oils and butters on your skin, then this is worth a try!

What are some of your favourite scrubs?

Have a wonderful day! :D

-Ash

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. This is my first time seeing a lip scrub in that format! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D