Friday, February 27, 2015

Updates


Howdy do!

I wanted to update my blog as I have been away so frequently from it.

This past year has had a lot of anxiety, depression, and all that crappy stuff in it, so keeping up with my hobbies and enjoying them has been a lot more difficult.  It's frustrating not being able to control your own brain all of the time.

Despite that, I really want to get back into blogging, as I found it to be cathartic.  So, time for an update!

About a week ago I was able to go out into town with my awesome sister, and we spent the day shopping! (WOOHOO!!!!).  I've had a couple of pretty lean months spending-wise, and was finally able to go on a bit of a splurge :D.  The day went really well, and I am so thankful for that, as my depression has been hard lately.  It's the kind of depression that isn't just feeling sad, but sometimes having trouble feeling much of anything at all.  Then it's sad, then I'm okay, then it flips down and up.  Sigh.

ANYWAY!  Back to the shopping part.  XD

First off, we went to a semi-local restaurant for breakfast with my Dad.  They make the BEST breakfast there, and their hash browns are unbelievable.

After that we went to the Rideau Centre in Ottawa, which has been undergoing renovations lately.  New stores are showing up, old stores are moving to different parts of the mall, the food court is different, and the bus stops are as confusing to navigate as always.

(Funny sign that was on a bus)

Nordstroms is setting up shop, and should be open in early March.  Michael Kors is also being added, and I look forward to checking these out next time I get down to that part of town (they should both be open by then, seeing as I travel that far very infrequently).  I am impressed by how Ottawa is starting to become more upscale with their shopping offerings.  Being a heavily government based city with barely a nightlife, it has never been much for a fashion capital.  Most designer brands end up selling in places like Toronto and Montreal, or somewhere in British Columbia.  So I was very surprised to hear about these changes.  I don't expect Ottawa to become the most fashionable place anytime soon, but it is a lovely city and we are slowly getting more variety in what is available to us.

The first store we went into was Victoria's Secret, and that was the first time I had ever set foot in one before.  Wow!!!  Talk about fancy bras! O_O;  I hate buying bras because they are expensive and finding one that fits is a pain in the patoot, but the sales associate was extremely helpful, and soon enough I had a handful of things to try on.

Being in desperate need of a good bra (I didn't have any that fit anymore, and the ones that sortof did the most recently were built into tank tops), I opted on a pretty light blue number with silvery lace, and said YEP!  If I am going to spend the money on it, I want to buy one that makes me feel fancy.  Because yes.

So off we went, shiny pink bag in my hand, and continued our shopping adventures.

Another change to the Rideau Centre is that a new LUSH Cosmetics store has opened up there.  While on one hand I am very (very!) glad about that as you can never have too many Lush stores, there was a Lush store about ten minutes (walking!) away from it.  So the placement surprised me.  I sincerely hope that they didn't close down the other location, as it was larger and had more stock.

I picked up some Blousey shampoo and my sister grabbed me a Buffy bar while we were there, and I got to check out some of the new shampoo bars (which smelled great!!).  I would have loved to stock up on all the Lush things, but needed to buy some other items so I held back.  Holding back in a Lush store is not an easy thing to do.  XD

We went to Sephora, and my sister picked up the Urban Decay Electric palette, and oh my, is that ever gorgeous!

Since her birthday was this month, my sister received a birthday gift from the store for being a Beauty Insider.  The current birthday gifts are two mini NARS lip pencils; one being the Velvet Matte pencil in Cruella (a delicious deep blue based red), and the other a Satin pencil in Rikugien (a peachy-pink shade).

As my sister rarely wears makeup on her lips, she gave the pencils to me. WOOHOO!! :D

After shopping, we went to go get her septum pierced at the same place I got my tattoo in my earlier 20's.

When she was done, she turned to me and asked if I wanted the nose piercing I had been talking about.  So, without further ado:


And here is super duper duckface, as I feel silly taking normal photographs:


We had an awesome day, and it was much needed.  Tomorrow we will be heading out again, and I'll be able to get some pants because I ripped holes in two pairs lately (there is a metal hook for the latch on the screen door outside of my apartment, and it catches on my butt when I go outside :( ).

OOOH!

A couple days ago my parents got the sweetest kitten, who is 14 weeks old:


They still have yet to pick the name for her, but I think it may end up being Mogwai. :D

She is such a sweetheart, and at night if she doesn't see anyone around, she can meow so sadly, so I'll go into the kitchen and then she falls asleep purring on my lap (when she isn't climbing all over me trying to eat my hair or the fluffs on my housecoat).

Her ear fluffs are the cutest! XD

Hopefully I'll be feeling up to writing more soon.  Have a super fantabulous day!

-Ash


10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I really appreciate that! :'D

      Delete
  2. Good to see you're back! Did you move to Ottawa from TO?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :'). Nope, from the country. I was pretty close to Ottawa but not actually in it

      Delete
  3. so nice to see you back! I understand all that depression stuff, its the worst :( Sounds like you had an awesome shopping day thought! And yay nose ring, I have one too :) and YAY kitty! She's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much!! :'D Yeah, depression bites butts. >.< That's awesome that you have a nose ring too! :D

      Delete
  4. It sounds like you had a wonderfully fun day shopping. I love shopping too, but I rarely go. I mean, I run all the time to my local drugstore and beauty supply to get polish and makeup and sometimes I even get in to ULTA too, but as far as going out to try on and purchase clothing, shoes, or other fine goods, I just don't. I fight with weight issues up and down and polish and makeup always fit. I've only had a couple spells of depression which were short lived and temporary, so I can relate a little, but really I can't imagine how debilitating it really is for you. Here's to some springlike sunny weather and sunnier happier days ahead for you too! What a sweet little kitten. I love cats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Super hugs!!* I'm really glad that the depression you've gone through has been short lived, I wouldn't wish it on anybody. I can relate with the weight issues too, especially after going on medication that really contributed heavily to gaining weight. I rarely go clothes shopping as well, and it can be depressing at times. I wish you wonderful happy sunny days too, and thank you so much for your comment!! :D

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad you had a good day shopping with your sister, it sounds like just what you needed. The kitten is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I appreciate that a lot! :D

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...