Lush Unicorn Horn Bubble Bar Review

Friday, January 30, 2015

Good afternoon, dear readers!

Today I have another Lush Valentine's Day 2015 product to review!

I was very kindly sent the Unicorn Horn bubble bar for review, and I am so happy for that.

Isn't it gorgeous??


And it is a great size too:


Pink, purple, blue and yellow with silver lustre and tiny stars studding the outside = OMG SO CUTE!!! :'D  Some of the stars had popped off, but that's okay.  They leave little star imprints, and eehehehe so cuuuuuute!!  I want to get a bundle of these! XD

I felt almost guilty using this, as it's one of those Lush products that you want to keep on your shelf so you can look at its cuteness.

Here is what Lush has to say about it:

Sweet dreams are made of these

Sink into a magical bath filled with beautiful essential oils, colorful candy stars, sparkling glitter, rainbows and dreams. Gorgeous pastel colors and a shimmering luster create enchanting pink waters with silvery trails sparkling through it – just like the dazzling pools in magical forests that unicorns can be found bathing in. Lavender, ylang ylang and neroli create a unique and uplifting fragrance as you surround yourself with mounds of bubbles that will leave you feeling perfectly serene.

Features

  • No two are alike: Each Unicorn Horn is lovingly handmade, so every one is unique!
  • Sweet dreams: The dreamy blend of lavender and neroli essential oils will leave you feeling relaxed and elated.
  • From Japan, with love: This one launched in Japan last year, and is now available for the whole LUSH world to enjoy.
And here are the ingredients:

Sodium Bicarbonate , Cream of Tartar (Potassium bitartrate) , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Lauryl Betaine ,Cornflour (Zea mays) , Fragrance , Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia) , Ylang Ylang (Cananga odorata) , Neroli Oil (Citrus Aurantium amara) , *Citral ,*Limonene , *Linalool , Yellow 8 , Red 27 , Yellow 10 ,Yellow 5 , Potassium aluminium silicate , Blue 1 ,Titanium Dioxide , Maltodextrin , Mica , Multicoloured Candy Stars (Sugar, Corn Starch, Rice Flour, Soybean Oil, Cottonseed Oil, Gum Arabic, Xanthan Gum, Flavour, Monoglycerides, Diglycerides, Polysorbate 60, Blue 1, Red 40, Yellow 5, Yellow 6)

Usually there are very distinct ingredients that I can pick up when I use a Lush product.  But with this, the scents blended into a sweet mixture that I can't pick out individual notes in.  But trust me when I say it has a very lovely fragrance! :D

I like sharing Lush goodies with my sister, so I asked if she would like to do a review for me, and here is what she had to say along with my observations when drawing the bath:

(I used about half the bar for the bath, a little more than shown here:)



It produces massive amounts of bubbles, and the water turns a light lavender with silver shimmer.

The scent is much stronger in the bar itself, versus when you crumble it up and mix it into the tub.  It is not cloying in any way, and while it does scent the skin after you step out of the bath, it is a very light fragrance, and very nice. :D

While not moisturizing, it is not drying at all (and my sister and I can get reeeally dry skin, so that is great!).

At the midway point, lots of bubbles.

When I was done filling the tub, LOTS of bubbles.  And I could have made more if I agitated the water more.

BUBBBLEEEESSSSS!

I so, so, so recommend this!  Not only does it smell great and produce many bubbles, but it leaves sparkle in the water and the product itself is more adorable than I can say.  I feel kind of light Rainbow Brite holding it. XD

Have a wonderful day, and don't forget that the Unicorn Horn is a limited edition product, so if you are hoping to pick one (or several!) up, that they will only be around for Valentine's Day.

-Ash

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Thank you for your comments! :D