Lush Lonely Heart Bubble Bar Review

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Good morning, lovelies!

Today I have a review of Lush's Lonely Heart bubble bar, which is a Valentine's Day 2015 limited edition release.


This gorgeous bar was very kindly sent to me for review.

(Isn't it adorable?!!?)

Here is what Lush.ca has to say about it:

"A heart full of Love

Crumble this heart under running water and it may just make your heart race a little. Its golden shimmer and vibrant red center will turn your bath water into a lascivious haven of soft bubbles. It features the same scent as our bygone Love perfume – a lemongrass, bergamot, jasmine and ylang ylang blend that will leave your soft skin smelling oh-so-irresistible.

Features

  • Shim shimmer: The gold glimmer luster is safe for the environment.
  • Oh, you so corny! We added a touch of corn flour to this one to keep skin soft in and out of the tub.
  • Love at first smell: This bar’s scent will fill your heart (and your nose) with Love…literally."
And here are the ingredients:

Sodium Bicarbonate , Cream of Tartar (Potassium bitartrate) , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Cornflour (Zea mays) , Lauryl Betaine , Fragrance , Lemongrass Oil (Cymbopogon citratus) , Bergamot Oil (Citrus Aurantium bergamia) , Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum grandiflorum) , Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena) ,Ylang Ylang Absolute (Cananga Odorata) , Oak Moss Extract (Evernia Prunastri) , *Cinnamal , *Citral ,*Geraniol , *Benzyl Benzoate , *Limonene , *Linalool ,*Farnesol , Coumarin , Red 4 , Snowflake Lustre (Titanium Dioxide, Potassium Aluminium Silicate) , Gold Glimmer Lustre Golden Glitter (Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Iron Oxides, Silica)



It has a delightful fragrance!!  I didn't realise that it is a fragrance that they had before, called Love.  It's hard for me to place it, but I do get a citrus-fruity-floral scent when I smell it.  With the bergamot and lemongrass mixed with the rose, ylang ylang, and jasmine, you get a unique but really pleasant mix.  I think it is very interesting that there is oak moss extract in there as well.

I used half a bar for my bath, as I like making at least two baths out of Lush products when I can.


The water was a clear reddish pink hue, with fine gold shimmer flecks floating around, that disappeared and reappeared when they caught the light.


There weren't as many bubbles as with some other bubble bars I've tried, but again I used only half of the bar and the bar itself is smaller than bubble bars like Blue Skies and the Comforter.



I took photos at the half-way point to show how intense the colour would be at full strength.


My skin smelled absolutely lovely afterwards.  Sadly I had to take a rather short bath, but it was luxurious and very relaxing, and I highly recommend this as a treat for yourself or someone you care about.
Also it is so cuuuute, being a sparkly heart, and all. XD

Another hit from Lush! :D

I will be back soon with more reviews of the Valentine's Day line! :D
Until then, take care and have a wonderful day!

-Ash











You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Ugh I've wanted to try the lush Valentines day stuff but I just haven't been able to make it to a store lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get the chance to, their line is really lovely :D

      Delete
  2. Such a cute bubble bar that is!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D