Lush Hot Toddy Shower Gel

Thursday, January 08, 2015

Good morning lovelies!

Today I have a review of the decadent Lush Hot Toddy shower gel.


This has got to be one of my favourite shower gels of theirs that I have ever had the pleasure of using.

It is a gorgeous ruby red, with fine mica flakes suspended within, which shimmer golden in the light.


As with their other sparkle containing gels, the flakes mostly sink to the bottom, but I don't mind.

The scent is a warm and inviting spicy cola scent.  I didn't expect that, but I ended up quite enjoying it.  It has clove, orange, cinnamon, patchouli and ginger in the ingredients, and it really brings about a festive aroma.



I have a big bottle of Rose Jam shower gel left over from last year (and it is still perfect!), so I decided to mix a little in with the Hot Toddy to see how it turned out.

Oh.My.Gosh.

The scent is diviiiiiine!! I seriously love it.  So I will probably keep mixing the two together throughout the year in a smaller bottle I had left over, and that makes me a bit giddy as it means I will have about two large bottles (500ml) worth of Hot Toddy/Rose Jam goodness!

The scent really does stay on your skin for hours afterwards, and I catch myself sniffing my arms because I smell so gosh darn delicious!

I truly hope that they bring this back next Christmas so I can pick up another bottle or two.  I was very fortunate in that I received my current bottle as a gift from a dear friend, and I am excited to enjoy it all year long.



From the Lush.ca website:

All things spice and everything nice

Ruby red and cinnamon scented, our sparkling Hot Toddy shower gel will transport your senses to the warmest reaches of your mind. Come in from the cold and lather up with a fresh ginger infusion and cinnamon leaf oil mix that will keep you cozy on the chilliest days. It'll even leave a delectable, cinnamon-y scent on your skin that's not overpowering - unlike a certain cinnamon-y, heart-shaped candy...any guesses?

Features

  • That's a spicy showa gel: Cinnamon and ginger collide to make this sudser warm and spicy with a holiday scent.
  • Soft and soothing: We added aloe vera gel to this one to make it hydrating and soothing for dry, winter skin.
  • Shimmer, shimmer: A gold luster gives this shower gel a bit of sparkling power."
  • Ingredients:
Water (Aqua) , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Sodium Cocoamphoacetate , Fair Trade Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis) , Lauryl Betaine , Propylene Glycol ,Fresh Organic Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum) , Fine Sea Salt , Clove Leaf Oil (Eugenia caryophyllus) ,Patchouli Oil (Pogostemon cablin) , Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia) , Benzoin Resinoid (Styrax tonkinensis pierre) , Cinnamon Leaf Oil (Cinnamomum zeylanicum), Sweet Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis) , Fragrance ,Fresh Ginger Root (Zingiber officinalis) , Carrageenan Extract (Chondrus crispus) , *Cinnamal , *Eugenol ,*Limonene , *Linalool , *Benzyl Benzoate , *Benzyl Cinnamate , Coumarin , Hexyl Cinnamal , Red 4 , Red 33 , Gold Glimmer Lustre (Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Iron Oxides, Silica) , Methylparaben


I hope you have a wonderful day!

-Ash

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Oh! I love when a wash leaves a nice smell on your skin after the shower! That sounds so delightful:)

    Xo
    Http://www.antiquesncoffee.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D