Content

Tuesday, 17 June 2014

Space Gods

Howdy do! :D

Whoopsie, it's been a bit since I last posted on here.

I've been pretty busy painting more commissions (YAY), which is serious fun, but a decent amount of work.

Recently I did a set of gods for a friend, and the last 4 I did were in a space-y style (similar to how Ephara looks in Ephara's Radiance, but honestly not intentional).  

It came about by my friend mentioning that he was hoping for a space-y background to Iroas (I love painting space stuff and this was right up my alley).  We were trying to think of ways to make it work, since Iroas' original art has him standing in the distance on a sunny day, so that adds a lot of diffusing to him and a completely different colour and light scheme than what would be necessary for a starry background.

So, I ended up darkening him, and adding more stars for the Nyx effect, and we both really liked how it turned out.  After that, I finished the other three gods in a similar style.

Here is how they turned out:


It was afterwards that I realised that it resembled the style of James Ryman's art on Ephara's Radiance (which is one of my favourite pieces!):


As you can see, James is LEAGUES ahead of me XD.  His work is beyond beautiful.  But sorry James, it truly wasn't intentional; I guess your awesome artwork stuck into my subconscious!

Right now I am working on another set of 4 gods, so I will post photos when I am done. :)

I hope to get better at painting space scenes, since our universe is truly beautiful and amazing!

Take care and toodleooooooooo!

-Ash ^_^

(Card names, characters, yadda yadda copywrite Wizards of the Coast.)

9 comments:

  1. Thats pretty cool!
    <3
    visit me soon on http://pearlinfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...These are by far the coolest cards I have ever seen :D

    For one thing, they look like they all went into a super nyx form :D
    I also love how you used the colours mixed with the 'nyx' (which is pretty much just blue/purple with stars :P) to make it look like a blast of power surging through the card. This by far (in my opinion and from what I have seen) is your best work!!

    I'm jealous to the owner of these cards. I'll have to play against him in EDH just so I get to see these wonderful pieces of art again :)

    Great job!! Your have amazing talent and I can wait to see what you create next ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! You are so kind! :'D I really appreciate how much you appreciate them!! I am actually working on 4 more right now (this time my own XD), and Ephara and Erebos will be in there.

      Painting space-y things makes me really happy, so knowing that there are people who like that art of mine is wonderful!

      And as for the owner, you'll have to do a round of EDH with Max as they were commissioned by him (I've now altered one of every god card for him!).

      Thank you again so much for your kind words!! ^_^

      Delete
  3. These are such cool cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D!! Thank you so much, Lisa!! ^_^

      Delete
  4. woahh super cool cards!! they look really nice and professional!! :D i miss your posts haha but don't worry~ commissions sound really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These alters are amazing!
    I sent you an email about commissioning you and hope it is possible. :]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Lovely Readers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Google+ Followers


Use code 'art evolve' for 10% off of your KKCenterHk order!

About Me

My Photo

Heyo!  I am the writer behind Art Evolve, a blog about things and stuff, that I update sometimes.  >:D

I have a serious love for books, gaming, and general sci-fi and fantasy things.

I also love music and art, and hope to become a better musician and artist as time goes on.

I just started playing Magic: The Gathering again after a looooong break (11 years!?!), and it is awesome.  I hope to become a better Magic player too, because I'm not that great at it heheheh.

I was introduced to edh last (I think?) month, and it has quickly become a favourite format.

OH!  I also do MTG altered art, which I recently started and it is seriously fun and rewarding.  Magic + art practice?  Aw yeah!! :D

What else, what else...  I like video games, and play on both PC and console (PS!!).  I love rpg's and some good shooters, and killing zombies is a plus.

I love chocolate, tea and coffee.  I smoke cigarettes, which is stupid, so don't ever smoke cigarettes because it is stupid.

I also really like food.  Too much so.  Especially crunchy things!  I seriously need to get some bubble tea because it has been way too long.

I love to study but my ADHD makes it a bit difficult (a lot difficult, because remembering things can be kinda rediculous).  I also have obsessive compulsive disorder which sucks.  And anxiety disorders, which suck.

Favourite subjects include: astronomy, nihongo, art, geology, stuff like that.

HAVE AT YOU, KNAVE!  *slaps*
Created by: twitter website widget

Fish

Gnome!

Gnome!
(not my image)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts