Content

Sunday, 6 April 2014

Lush Golden Egg Bath Bomb Melt Review (Lots of Photos!)

Good evening, dear readers!

I have another delicious Lush product up for review: the Golden Egg bath bomb melt!
(This was kindly sent to me for review :D).


(Yup, you read that right...it is a bath bomb and a bath melt all-in-one!)


Here is what Lush has to say about the Golden Egg:

"Creamy honey-toffee luxury

Your Easter egg hunt stops here! This spectacular new invention has combined a Bath Bomb and a Luxury Bath Melt to create (drumroll please…) the Bath Bomb Melt! The creamy, moisturizing cocoa butter exterior encases a fizzy Bath Bomb center, and the whole egg is dusted in a delicate golden luster. Even better? This new invention has the classic honey-toffee fragrance of our best-selling Honey I Washed The Kids soap. Wherever your Easter egg hunt begins, make sure it finishes with a Golden Egg bath!"

And here is the list of ingredients:
Sodium Bicarbonate , Citric Acid , Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter (Theobroma Cacao) , Laureth 4 , Cream of Tartar (Potassium bitartrate) , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Fragrance , Sweet Wild Orange Oil (Citrus Dulcis) , Bergamot Oil (Citrus Aurantium bergamia) ,Olive Oil (Olea europaea) , Cornflour (Zea mays) ,Lauryl Betaine , Amyl Cinnamal , Citronellol , Geraniol ,Lilial , *Linalool , *Limonene , Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides) , Yellow 5 Lake , Radiant Gold Lustre (Potassium Aluminum Silicate, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides) , Gold Glimmer Lustre Golden Glitter (Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Iron Oxides, Silica)


First off, look at how beautiful this is!! :D

The is soooo sparkly!  But the sparkles are made out of mica (both iron oxides and synthetic fluorphlogopite, which is a synthetic material based on fluorine, silicate and aluminium), instead of the traditional glitters that many products use.  This means that it is much better for our environment as it is made from magnesium aluminium silicate sheets stuck together with potassium ions, vs. plastic (which never breaks down).

As this is a bath bomb within a bath melt, the outside of the egg is more soft and will melt if handled (so be careful!!).

This has a lovely Honey I Washed the Kids scent, but it is not at all overpowering when used in the bath.  :)

Time to watch it work!

 Zoom!
 Leaving a trail of sparkly goodness!

 The outer shell melting into the water.
 A pile of gorgeous golden/copper bliss!


 A few minutes in, and the bomb was still this big!! :O

 I love how there is a thin layer of foam over top.
 Lovely golden colour:

Wowee!!  This is a real beauty! :D

I asked my sister if she would like to try the Golden Egg out for me, and here are her thoughts:

Scent: Very lovely and not too strong; the classic sweet honey-toffee fragrance of Honey I Washed the Kids soap.

Water: Smooth (softened) and very sparkly.  While it shows some of the sparkles in the photos above, apparently there were so many more in the water, and they looked really beautiful! :D

Skin: Soft and moisturized, and not left with any greasy film.  Very slight HIWTK scent.

Other thoughts: when she came out of the bath, her skin had a lot of lovely mica scattered over it, and when she was telling me about her review in the kitchen, I could see the sparkles catching the light.

It looks really pretty, but do note that you will have a lot of mica on you, so if you are not a big fan of having a shimmer on your skin, you may want to give yourself an extra rinse or two with plain water before leaving the bath.

The time it took for the egg to vanish was around 10 minutes!!! :O  This is by far the longest I have ever seen a bath bomb/melt take to dissolve, so that is pretty awesome! :D

There was a lot of mica left in the bath after the water drained out, as our bath is very flat on the bottom and doesn't have a tilt to help facilitate drainage.  So, while the mica is easily washed away from the sides with water, it takes a bit for it to actually make it down the drain.  XD

She gives this two thumbs up (or a 10/10), and would definitely use it again!! :D

What are your thoughts on Lush's Easter collection this year?  I think that they have done a fantastic job, and I am really glad that I was able to try these awesome products out!! :D  I always look forward to their holiday collections, and seeing what they think up next.

Have a wonderful night!!

-Ashesela

20 comments:

  1. love!
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty looking bath bomb melt! Nice review too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this! it's such a decadent treat and i love the scent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I agree!! All gold and sparkley ^-^

      Delete
  5. That's gloriously pretty!!!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow thats so pretty!! they look literally like an egg when it goes inside the water! great review and oh i love the packaging!!

    www.yoannita90.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, 10 minutes is a long time! This makes me long for a bathtub...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?? Ten minutes is so awesome! :D

      Delete
  8. oooh i love how sparkly the water is! so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it showed up better in the photos, it was much sparklier!! :D

      Delete
  9. hello, and I follow, I follow me?

    great post

    http://losviajesysibaritismosdeauroraboreal.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVED this Golden Egg! It smelled so good and I love that the water was all sparkly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Lovely Readers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Google+ Followers


Use code 'art evolve' for 10% off of your KKCenterHk order!

About Me

My Photo

Heyo!  I am the writer behind Art Evolve, a blog about things and stuff, that I update sometimes.  >:D

I have a serious love for books, gaming, and general sci-fi and fantasy things.

I also love music and art, and hope to become a better musician and artist as time goes on.

I just started playing Magic: The Gathering again after a looooong break (11 years!?!), and it is awesome.  I hope to become a better Magic player too, because I'm not that great at it heheheh.

I was introduced to edh last (I think?) month, and it has quickly become a favourite format.

OH!  I also do MTG altered art, which I recently started and it is seriously fun and rewarding.  Magic + art practice?  Aw yeah!! :D

What else, what else...  I like video games, and play on both PC and console (PS!!).  I love rpg's and some good shooters, and killing zombies is a plus.

I love chocolate, tea and coffee.  I smoke cigarettes, which is stupid, so don't ever smoke cigarettes because it is stupid.

I also really like food.  Too much so.  Especially crunchy things!  I seriously need to get some bubble tea because it has been way too long.

I love to study but my ADHD makes it a bit difficult (a lot difficult, because remembering things can be kinda rediculous).  I also have obsessive compulsive disorder which sucks.  And anxiety disorders, which suck.

Favourite subjects include: astronomy, nihongo, art, geology, stuff like that.

HAVE AT YOU, KNAVE!  *slaps*
Created by: twitter website widget

Fish

Gnome!

Gnome!
(not my image)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts