Content

Wednesday, 16 April 2014

Altering MTG Cards

Good afternoon, dear readers! :D

Lately I have been pretty busy doing alteration artwork on Magic the Gathering cards.

Omg, it is SO FUN!!! :D

There are different options, ranging from adding small touches to the original artwork, extending the original artwork, and painting something completely new and original on the card.

Not only does this help me practice with painting, but it is really fun to customize cards (and it is a great way to make a few extra dollars or get cards from trading).

Here are some examples:

The Isochron Sceptre was one of my first alters, and so there is more messiness around the edges.
I really liked the original artwork and wanted to keep in line with that, but I wanted to change the colour scheme and a few other things:


The original is on the left, and my version is on the right.

This Whispersilk Cloak is also one of my first alters, and while I am not very skilled at painting fabric, I wanted to have fun with this card. I added some gold leaf to it as well:


As you can see these are both full alternate alterations.

An example of extended art that I did is this Karametra:


Here is a bigger photo of my alteration:


This is fantastic practice for me!!  Not only do I get to work on a small scale (I looove painting small!), but it is challanging for several reasons, it forces me to experiment with colour, and I end up painting things I never thought I would. :D

So if anyone is looking for a very rewarding and fun artsy hobby, I suggest giving this a try! :D

Have an amazing day, and I'll be back with more alters!!

-Ashesela

6 comments:

  1. Wow these look incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :'D!! Thank you so much Traci!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous transformations! You are a gifted artist, dear Ash.

    Big hugs & tons of joyful Easter weekend wishes!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow i love this idea so much! i was just hoping to see more MTG posts from you. your art is incredible! Also I wanted to tell you i started going to Friday night MTG :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your versions, your so talented! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Lovely Readers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Google+ Followers


Use code 'art evolve' for 10% off of your KKCenterHk order!

About Me

My Photo

Heyo!  I am the writer behind Art Evolve, a blog about things and stuff, that I update sometimes.  >:D

I have a serious love for books, gaming, and general sci-fi and fantasy things.

I also love music and art, and hope to become a better musician and artist as time goes on.

I just started playing Magic: The Gathering again after a looooong break (11 years!?!), and it is awesome.  I hope to become a better Magic player too, because I'm not that great at it heheheh.

I was introduced to edh last (I think?) month, and it has quickly become a favourite format.

OH!  I also do MTG altered art, which I recently started and it is seriously fun and rewarding.  Magic + art practice?  Aw yeah!! :D

What else, what else...  I like video games, and play on both PC and console (PS!!).  I love rpg's and some good shooters, and killing zombies is a plus.

I love chocolate, tea and coffee.  I smoke cigarettes, which is stupid, so don't ever smoke cigarettes because it is stupid.

I also really like food.  Too much so.  Especially crunchy things!  I seriously need to get some bubble tea because it has been way too long.

I love to study but my ADHD makes it a bit difficult (a lot difficult, because remembering things can be kinda rediculous).  I also have obsessive compulsive disorder which sucks.  And anxiety disorders, which suck.

Favourite subjects include: astronomy, nihongo, art, geology, stuff like that.

HAVE AT YOU, KNAVE!  *slaps*
Created by: twitter website widget

Fish

Gnome!

Gnome!
(not my image)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts