Content

Wednesday, 8 January 2014

Sycra Art Instruction

Good afternoon, dear readers! :D

Recently my sleep has been even worse than ever before, but last night was better than it has been in weeks.  My energy levels are usually super low, and I do not feeling like doing a whole lot (which includes blogging).  Then I get stressed out because I want to be more active on my blog, but then it starts feeling like a chore, and we all know how that goes.

Thankfully I got a bit more rest than usual this morning (despite my stupid panic attack last night), and I have been a bit more productive. :)

Lately I have been more focused on my art (more traditional, like sketching and painting on surfaces other than nails), so that is one of the reasons why I have been absent so much on my blog.

I have also been taking more time away from my computer, which I know is a very good thing, but still leaves me feeling a bit guilty over my absence here (and on visiting and commenting on other blogs).

So, while I cannot guarantee when I will post as I don't have a set schedule, for my peace of mind I will just say that I will continue to update my blog and I will not abandon it (heaven's no!), but I will probably have less frequency in my posting compared to last year.  I want my blog to continue to feel enjoyable, instead of something that I 'have' to do.  I hope that you can understand (and I am pretty sure that most of you do :)).

And who knows, maybe one week I will post only once and the next I will post once every day.  A lot of it depends on how inspired I am at the time (like today, for instance!).  XD

+++++

Recently my sister (who is an amazing artist!!) recommended an art channel on YouTube for me, as I have been looking for instructions and tutorials to improve my skills.

I am forever grateful to her, because these are some of the best tutorials that I have ever seen!! :D

Sycra (the artist who owns the channel) has videos on everything from perspective, colour, to anatomy and lighting.

(Not my image, image taken from Sycra's YouTube profile.)

For the short while that I had been attending animation in college, I did not gain the level of understanding for perspective and tonal values as I have just by watching some of his videos.  He has a very soft and easygoing voice, and makes for an incredible instructor.  He explains things in such a way that I can understand what he is teaching almost immediately, and I have been able to retain that information in my head (which is saying a lot, with my ADD XD).

For those of you who are interested in art and hope to gain a bit more understanding and appreciation for it (as I hope to!), I sincerely cannot recommend his channel enough:

Here is a link to his YouTube profile.

Thank you Sycra for your incredible help, and thank you to my incredible sister for her awesome tip!!

Have an awesome day, my friends!

-Ashesela :}


4 comments:

  1. Blog at your own pace, sweetheart. You don't have anyone to answer to but yourself - so work at the posting rate that works best for your life right now. The exciting adventure of blogging that we embark on should always be as enjoyable and low stress as humanly possible. What's the point of doing it if it's going to cause us unending strife after all?

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica, I really appreciate that! :D Hearing that definitely takes some of the stress away :)
      <3

      Delete
  2. I hope you're doing well, Ash! I totally understand about how sometimes blogging feels like a chore lol. Some time away is always good :D I'll be sticking around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Traci <3 I really, REALLY appreciate that! :'D :}

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Lovely Readers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Google+ Followers


Use code 'art evolve' for 10% off of your KKCenterHk order!

About Me

My Photo

Heyo!  I am the writer behind Art Evolve, a blog about things and stuff, that I update sometimes.  >:D

I have a serious love for books, gaming, and general sci-fi and fantasy things.

I also love music and art, and hope to become a better musician and artist as time goes on.

I just started playing Magic: The Gathering again after a looooong break (11 years!?!), and it is awesome.  I hope to become a better Magic player too, because I'm not that great at it heheheh.

I was introduced to edh last (I think?) month, and it has quickly become a favourite format.

OH!  I also do MTG altered art, which I recently started and it is seriously fun and rewarding.  Magic + art practice?  Aw yeah!! :D

What else, what else...  I like video games, and play on both PC and console (PS!!).  I love rpg's and some good shooters, and killing zombies is a plus.

I love chocolate, tea and coffee.  I smoke cigarettes, which is stupid, so don't ever smoke cigarettes because it is stupid.

I also really like food.  Too much so.  Especially crunchy things!  I seriously need to get some bubble tea because it has been way too long.

I love to study but my ADHD makes it a bit difficult (a lot difficult, because remembering things can be kinda rediculous).  I also have obsessive compulsive disorder which sucks.  And anxiety disorders, which suck.

Favourite subjects include: astronomy, nihongo, art, geology, stuff like that.

HAVE AT YOU, KNAVE!  *slaps*
Created by: twitter website widget

Fish

Gnome!

Gnome!
(not my image)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts