Content

Monday, 16 December 2013

Then and Now Nail Art


Good morning, lovelies!! :D

Ugh, I have been so exhausted this last week!  I apologize for my absences lately, I really want to start posting more on my blog again.

One of the things I have been doing is trying to organize my computer.  I have so many photos to go through, that I kind of just jumbled together, and at least getting rid of ones I don't need has opened up a lot of space.  :D

I've come across a lot of photos that I had forgotten about, some of which were my first nail art manicures that I did a few years ago!  (Well, except for a couple in my younger years.)

I wanted to share with you some of what I found :D

Here goes, blast from the paaaast:









Now for more recent work:








While I am definitely not a master, I think I have definitely improved a lot!! :D  Here are some of the things I have learned over the years:

-practice!
-acrylic paint is your friend, and you can do so much more with it than just polish alone
-painting on fake nails is really satisfying because you get to keep the art, and it doesn't just get washed away when you remove your nail polish
-teeny brushes are your friend
-cosmetics sponges are your friend

Most of all, experiment and have fun!! :D  That is the most important thing of all.

I am so glad that I still had these photos so I could compare my nail art throughout the years.  :}  I hope that I continue to improve and in another year or so I can look back and see even more progress.

I hope that you are doing well, and have a fantastic day! :D

-Ashesela :}

23 comments:

  1. Well, your blog name is saying it all: Art evolve :D
    It's fun to look back at ones first feeble steps....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D!! Thank you so much, Maria!! <3

      Delete
  2. I was just about to say that "Well, your blog name is saying it all".
    It's true.. practice is everything(no matter how cliché that sounds).
    Well, you did a great job! :)
    -Ru
    Glitter And Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you!! <3 I appreciate that so much!! :D

      Delete
  3. wow! I'm so impressed! great nail art :)
    kisses, Mrs Vain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I can see the improvement! Though your earlier work is still better than mine, heh. It gives me inspiration to improve though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words!! <3 :'D Hearing you say (or, reading you write XD) that you got some inspiration from something I did is an amazing feeling!!!! :'D

      Delete
  5. What a fun trip back in time! Those nails that look like tree trunks are flat out incredible!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :'D Thank you so much, Jessica!! <3 I am so glad that you like them! :)

      Delete
  6. You have gotten so much better! Love seeing the improvement :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That floral one is a work of art! really great job with all of these, you are very talented!

    -Erica
    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :'} Thank you so very much, Erica!! <3 I appreciate your words so much!!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. :'} You are so kind and sweet!! Thank you so much for your compliment!! <3

      Delete
  9. This is awesome! I love seeing how much a person grows with their blog! :D You're art is amazing, Ash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :'D!!!! <3!! Thank you so very much!! You are so kind!

      Delete
  10. It's always so much fun to look back and see the improvement and how you are "evolving". Although even your starting out nail art was amazing! <3

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :'} Thank you so much!!! You are so sweet :'D I love it when I see other posts like this (both for nail art and other arts in crafts), so I thought it would be fun to document my progress so far :D

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Lovely Readers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Google+ Followers


Use code 'art evolve' for 10% off of your KKCenterHk order!

About Me

My Photo

Heyo!  I am the writer behind Art Evolve, a blog about things and stuff, that I update sometimes.  >:D

I have a serious love for books, gaming, and general sci-fi and fantasy things.

I also love music and art, and hope to become a better musician and artist as time goes on.

I just started playing Magic: The Gathering again after a looooong break (11 years!?!), and it is awesome.  I hope to become a better Magic player too, because I'm not that great at it heheheh.

I was introduced to edh last (I think?) month, and it has quickly become a favourite format.

OH!  I also do MTG altered art, which I recently started and it is seriously fun and rewarding.  Magic + art practice?  Aw yeah!! :D

What else, what else...  I like video games, and play on both PC and console (PS!!).  I love rpg's and some good shooters, and killing zombies is a plus.

I love chocolate, tea and coffee.  I smoke cigarettes, which is stupid, so don't ever smoke cigarettes because it is stupid.

I also really like food.  Too much so.  Especially crunchy things!  I seriously need to get some bubble tea because it has been way too long.

I love to study but my ADHD makes it a bit difficult (a lot difficult, because remembering things can be kinda rediculous).  I also have obsessive compulsive disorder which sucks.  And anxiety disorders, which suck.

Favourite subjects include: astronomy, nihongo, art, geology, stuff like that.

HAVE AT YOU, KNAVE!  *slaps*
Created by: twitter website widget

Fish

Gnome!

Gnome!
(not my image)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts