Content

Wednesday, 18 December 2013

Christmas Dinner Party - I Feel Fancy!!!

Good morning, dear readers! :D

I hope that the week has been treating you well so far.  :D

Yesterday evening I went to a Christmas dinner party with my Dad.  Every year, his boss takes all of the employee's at his work (each employee can bring a guest, too) out to an amazing dinner!  Since my sister and Mom don't usually go, I get to go year after year! >: D

This year (and several times before) we went to The Keg Steakhouse and Bar Manor in Ottawa.  Oh.my.gosh, their food is amaaaazing!! O_O


(Not my image, image found here)

I would have taken photos of my food, but I would have felt like a wierdo in the room full of people snapping photos away, then explaining that it was for my blog, then possibly explaining what my blog is about, etc... so instead I just enjoyed my food and ate it with relish. XD

We could order anything we wanted (really...ANYTHING!!! :O  They even had Alaskan king crab legs, crazy amazing steaks, lobster, etc. etc.!!).

I got some caesar salad, escargot, teriyaki chicken with mixed veggies, and an amazing fudge brownie thing for dessert!!  I also worked on some Guinness and an amazing red wine during the meal, although I couldn't finish either because I have cut down on drinking so much for the past few years that my tolerance is almost zero (I am glad though, because if not for the medical reasons that made me quit drinking for years, I may be in even a worse place than I was before, when I would start drinking first thing in the morning and all day if I could.  Very bad times, those were).

Every year they also give out chocolates, and this year it was an 8-piece mixed box of Godiva chocolates (ohmyword, YUM!)!!

Godiva 8 Piece Gold Ballotin Assortment
(Not my photo, but this is exactly what we all got :D!  Photo from here)

It is great seeing everyone and how they are doing each year.  :D  A couple of times I have worked with their company on some special orders they had, as they needed extra people.  So I also know a lot of their regular employees from that as well.

It was very chilly outside and snowing, but nowhere near as cold as it can be this time of the year.

By the time we had gone home, we had been at the restaurant for at least 3 hours!!

I am so fortunate to be able to partake in this yearly tradition, and I always look forward to next year's celebration.  :}

As for the restaurant itself, it is housed in a historical site estate, which goes by the name Maplelawn (ehehehe I love that name!!).

The manor was build somewhere between 1831 and 1834, and originally was a farm estate.

The architecture is really beautiful, and if I was a bazillionaire I would want to live there!!  It is also situated on a lovely lot of property, a nicely sized space which is rare, considering it is now in the city of Ottawa.

I never thought to take photos of the place, but since the only time I get to go there is for the annual Christmas dinner, it is already dark outside (being winter), and my photos wouldn't turn out anyway.  XD

Here are some photos I found online:

Ottawa Keg Manor
(How the manor looks in the summer; not my photo, photo from here)

Ottawa Keg Manor
(Not my image, image found here)

Ottawa Keg Manor
(Not my image, image found here)

Wooo I feel so fancy eating there! XD  *Twirls moustache, adjusts monocle and visits haberdashery*

I reeeally need to re-start my diet, but first I must finish the chocolates and the rest of my brownie, which I brought home.  But I am declaring this publicly: I will start eating better and getting more exercise!!! I hope that over the next year I can lose 50 lbs, so wish me luck!! :}

I hope that you have an amazing day!! ^-^

-Ashesela :}

20 comments:

  1. X-mas parties are always fun, Hope you had an amazing time :o)! Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did!! :D Thank you so much! <3

      Delete
  2. Wow that places looks stunning, sounds like you had a fab time x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a timelessly elegant, immensely beautiful house/building. If I lived nearby, I'd probably try to do a photo shoot (or ten!) then, if they'd permit such.

    It's sound like you had a thoroughly fantastic evening and one heck of an amazing meal, dear Ash. I'm really happy for you and hope that the rest of your holiday season is every bit as terrific!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :'D Thank you so much, Jessica!!! <3 :D

      Delete
  4. Oooh sounds fun! so fancy haha the food sounds delicious and the chocolates look so good. ^-^
    Good luck on your diet! You can do it! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much Hazelnut!!! <3 I really appreciate that! :D

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I am definitely thankful for it :D!!

      Delete
  6. Om NOM, that sounds delicious--and what a beautiful site!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good!!! :D And free!! Doesn't get much better than that (OH! Except for the no dishes part, too! XD)

      Delete
  7. Looks amazing! One day I will have a mansion and throw marvellous polish parties :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do eet!!! ;D I expect a gilded invitation in my mail! <3

      Delete
  8. It's great that you get to go with your dad! The Keg Manor is a great place as well, delicious food and fancy environment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :O!!! Are you from the Ottawa region too???! :D!!

      Delete
    2. :O!!!! That is so awesome!!!! :D It is rare for me to meet other Ottawarians (lol!) online!! :D

      Delete
  9. Wow it sounds fancy indeed! The food you ate sounded delicious and the Godiva chocolate!! yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right??! Those chocolates were gone sooo fast!! XD

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Lovely Readers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Google+ Followers


Use code 'art evolve' for 10% off of your KKCenterHk order!

About Me

My Photo

Heyo!  I am the writer behind Art Evolve, a blog about things and stuff, that I update sometimes.  >:D

I have a serious love for books, gaming, and general sci-fi and fantasy things.

I also love music and art, and hope to become a better musician and artist as time goes on.

I just started playing Magic: The Gathering again after a looooong break (11 years!?!), and it is awesome.  I hope to become a better Magic player too, because I'm not that great at it heheheh.

I was introduced to edh last (I think?) month, and it has quickly become a favourite format.

OH!  I also do MTG altered art, which I recently started and it is seriously fun and rewarding.  Magic + art practice?  Aw yeah!! :D

What else, what else...  I like video games, and play on both PC and console (PS!!).  I love rpg's and some good shooters, and killing zombies is a plus.

I love chocolate, tea and coffee.  I smoke cigarettes, which is stupid, so don't ever smoke cigarettes because it is stupid.

I also really like food.  Too much so.  Especially crunchy things!  I seriously need to get some bubble tea because it has been way too long.

I love to study but my ADHD makes it a bit difficult (a lot difficult, because remembering things can be kinda rediculous).  I also have obsessive compulsive disorder which sucks.  And anxiety disorders, which suck.

Favourite subjects include: astronomy, nihongo, art, geology, stuff like that.

HAVE AT YOU, KNAVE!  *slaps*
Created by: twitter website widget

Fish

Gnome!

Gnome!
(not my image)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts