My Current Nail Polish Collection

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Good morning, lovelies! :D

As you know from my last post, I have been trying to cut down on the amount of unnecessary things that I own.  It can be a slow process, but I have managed to get rid of a lot of things! :D

It took me several hours over several days, but I have managed to bring my nail polish collection down a really significant amount.  YAY!!! :D

I used to have over a Helmer's worth, and now I have all my non-frankened polishes in only one drawer!! :D  (Well, except for top coats ;)).



This has taken me a looong time! O_O

+++++

I have emotional attachments to almost everything I own, and nail polish has been no different.

I've had polishes gifted and sent to me by my family and many friends, some of whom I was lucky to meet only because of my participation in the online nail polish community.  When I started getting interested in and collecting nail polish, I had no idea the wonderful friendships I would be lucky enough to forge in the process.

I would associate wonderful moments with my nail polishes, about how I got them and who gave them to me.  They acted as jumper cables to my memory, and I cherished them all the more for that.

But I have to stop holding on to every single thing I ever get from someone, because the memories are still in my head, and I don't need 'proof' to show what has happened in my life.

When I would get mail I used to hate throwing away even the cardboard boxes I would get items sent to me in (it still makes me cringe a little!).

So, this is yet another step for me to improve my life; to let go of some of the unnecessary.

I used to feel that this was true, but now I know that I am not 'betraying' my family, my friends, or any experiences and memories I have for letting go of things that I do not use any more.

I will still have the memories, and I will still cherish my loved ones and all they have ever done for me :).

(A photo I took of a park near my old home in Ottawa, just because.  XD  I miss that place!)

+++++

So!  Back to the nail polishes that I have left (lol!).
Here they are:


Top row, L to R: Orly Winter Wonderland, Orly Au Champagne, Barielle Enduring, O.P.I Solitaire, China Glaze White Cap and Color Club Covered in Diamonds.
Middle row, L to R: Sally Hansen Glass Slipper, Glitzology Snow Day, Color Club Si Vous Please!, China Glaze Snow Globe, Kleancolor Sugar Coat and Color Club Snowflakes.
Bottom row, L to R: Girly Bits Hocus Pocus, Color Club On the Rocks, L.A. Glitter Addict Explosion, O.P.I Crown Me Already!, O.P.I Pirouette My Whistle, and The Hungry Asian Mumbling.



Top row, L to R: Color Club Editorial, Butter London Wallis, Wet n' Wild The Gold and the Beautiful, Nerd Lacquer Exterminate, China Glaze Champagne Bubbles and Orly Luxe.
Middle row, L to R: China Glaze Angel Wings, China Glaze Twinkle Lights, Orly Halo, China Glaze Glistening Snow, Zoya London and Sally Hansen Wet Cement.
Bottom row, L to R: Color Club Wild Orchid, Nerd Lacquer Don't Blink, China Glaze Immortal, Orly Boho Bonnet, Zoya Skylar, and Girly Bits Stormy Skies.


Top row, L to R: China Glaze Winter Berry, China Glaze Merry Berry, China Glaze Velvet Bow, Orly Torrid, O.P.I Pepe's Purple Passion, Girly Bits Gentle Ginger, and Girly Bits Shift Happens.
Middle row, L to R: Orly Preamp, O.P.I Pedal Faster Suzi, Nicole by O.P.I I Lilac Gumdrops, Shiseido Maquillage 94, Glitzology Crown Royal, Zoya Neeka and Revlon Royal Cloak.
Bottom row, L to R: Orly Sheer Nude, China Glaze Champagne Kisses, Orly Nite Owl, Finger Paints Bare No Secrets, Revlon Enthrall, and Orly Buried Alive.


Top row, L to R: Color Club Holiday Splendor, Zoya Maisie, The Hungry Asian On a Budget, Girly Bits Cosmic Ocean, Orly Green with Envy, and Color Club Wild Cactus.
Middle row, L to R: China Glaze Holly-Day, Gosh Forest Floor, Orly Halley's Comet, O.P.I Thanks a Windmillion, Zoya Yara, and China Glaze Winter Holly.
Bottom row, L to R: O.P.I Live and Let Die, China Glaze Cast a Spell, Finger Paints Hue Brighten My Day, China Glaze Glittering Garland, and Sally Hansen Black Out.



Top row, L to R: China Glaze Blue Year's Eve, Orly Royal Navy, O.P.I Get Your Number, Sinful Colors Hottie, and O.P.I Dating a Royal.
Middle row, L to R: Finger Paints You Yacht to Know Better, O.P.I I Have a Herring Problem, Color Club Hydrangea Kiss, O.P.I I Don't Give a Rotterdam!, and Zoya Nyx.
Bottom row, L to R: China Glaze Tinsel Town, China Glaze Smoke and Ashes, Sinful Colors Cinderella, and O.P.I Can't Find My Czechbook.

Whew!! :D

Here is the whole lot, all together like the family they are:



All of these were picked with a lot of thought, and I am very happy with my collection now. :)

Some of these are not cruelty-free, but that is because they were purchased or traded before I knew very much about animal testing.  I do not buy from those companies anymore.

A few are in here because I use them a lot for nail art, like Sally Hansen Wet Cement, Sally Hansen Black Out, and Barielle Enduring.  If not for that, they would not be in my collection.

I figure that if I do end up getting any more nail polish in the future, I will have to do the one in, one out rule, so that my collection is maintained in one drawer.  And I don't want to cheat, and pile more on top of what I already have.  XD

What do you think of my new, smaller, collection? :D

Have a wonderful day!!

-Ashesela






You Might Also Like

24 comments

  1. I love your new collection! Very nice! :D
    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Hahah much smaller than before!! XD Thank you!! :D

      Delete
  3. wow! amazing job. I should probably work on reducing my polish collection but I guess I haven't hit the point where I absolutely feel like I have to yet, plus I sorta want to swatch them all before I do get rid of any and that takes time. My collection is definitely way bigger than this though and I'm super impressed with your purging skills!

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! :D I let go of hundreds of them!! :O But I hear you, it does take a lot of time and you only should reduce if you want to :}

      Delete
  4. Omg urcnailpololish collection is huge.. :) I am trying to improve my habit of holding on to everything for memory sake
    Don't forget to join my $30 certificate giveaway
    http://www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com/2013/11/dressale-30-certificate-giveaway.html?m=0
    Keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heheh and this was after getting rid of a looooot more XD. I wish you the best, I know how hard of a habit that can be to break!! <3

      Delete
  5. So cool! I should cut down on my collection too, but it's so hard.. I'm a real pack rat..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahah!! I know the feeling!! :D But only do it if you want to :}

      Delete
  6. Great job Ashley! I have the hardest time getting rid of polish! I have so many that I have not even worn yet. I do tend to play with them on nail wheels but I really do not need the two Helmers that I have full. I think it is very liberating to have less stuff. When I was in my 20's I loved the fact that I could, if I wanted to, pack everything I owned into my car and move with one trip. Now I have a family and we have so so much stuff! It drives me crazy sometimes! Moving took us months last time we did it a few years ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Malinda!! :D ! Wooooo 2 Helmers full!! I wish that you had a blog and that I could see them! :D
      I agree with you, I do find it liberating to have less stuff, and to feel less tied down to it :D. Oh yeah, it's amazing how fast belongings can creep up on you, especially if you have a family that you live with. Every move that I have I end up getting rid of a little more here, and a little more there... XD
      My apartment was a one bedroom, so I didn't have the most room in it (plus I lived in it with my ex, so I couldn't stuff the place with too much of my own stuff XD). Now that I moved again I can fit all of my belongings into one room. However, I don't have my own kitchen table or sofa or t.v., so that helps! XD

      Delete
  7. wow nice! my collection is a "litlle" smaller :p
    kisses, Mrs Vain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I applaud you! Great job! I need to do something like this, but I always think "well, I really like it and I want to wear it before I get rid of it!" I am also having a hard time finding homes for my swap-pile, so that's discouraging me from adding more to it.
    Do you mind my asking what you did with all the polishes you purged?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you!! :D Hahah yeah, that is very common to want to hold onto something, "just in case!"
      Some of the polishes I have given away, and others are listed on Kijiji for sale. :) I price them to about half or less than half of what they are worth (but you can price yours whatever way you want). I have already made $100 from some I have sold, and am waiting to sell some more :D.
      It can take a while for someone to be interested though, because not as many people are as invested in nail polish as we are :D

      Delete
  9. Many lovely colors. Would you like to follow each other on Bloglovin and GFC? Please let me know if you're interested.

    Louisa Moje
    http://lapassionvoutee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D And yes I would!! :D I am following your blog now :}

      Delete
  10. I know exactly what you mean about hating to throw away boxes - I feel the same way about boxes and envelopes, especially if they're handwritten. But like you said, you can still have the memories without keeping the stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :D Yeah, I hate throwing anything handwritten away, but I needed to finally do it XD

      Delete
  11. Wow your current collection looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such treasure! :D I love nail polishes with shimmering and glossy finish =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D