Man with Dog Graphite Sketch

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Good evening, dear readers! :D

Just a quick post for tonight:

I decided that I wanted to include more art in my blog (since that was what I originally created it for!).

This sketch was inspired by a photo on Reddit Gets Drawn, which is a wonderful place on the Reddit website, where people upload photos and other people offer to draw them!  It is great fun, and there is a lot of awesome inspiration there. :D

"Man with Dog" - Graphite on printer paper (lol) - A.E.K 2013

It was funny when I was drawing this, because I usually would stay away from drawing men and animals.  I do not have much practice in working with them.

However, this man's photo made me smile, and I was quite a ways into my drawing before I realised I was working on two subjects that I normally would have avoided.

I was having so much fun being inspired by this photo, that I had casually 'over-stepped' the boundaries that I had put upon myself, without even realising it! :D

And now, I have more confidence to continue working with subjects that would normally intimidate me, which is pretty awesome! :D

Well, it is time for me to get ready for bed, but I wanted to throw a quick post on my blog before doing so.  :}  I will have more art posts up soon!

-Ashesela


You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Gr8 artwork :) u are quite an article, it's very pro..
    Will check reddit out
    Don't forget to join my $30 certificate giveaway
    http://www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com/2013/11/dressale-30-certificate-giveaway.html?m=0
    Keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I really appreciate that!! :D <3

      Delete
  2. so beautiful!
    maybe we will follow each other? let me know :) (on facebook too if you have )
    Kisses!
    DOMINIKALICIOUS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! :D Sure, I would love to! I am following your blog now :}

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! :D