Thursday, November 07, 2013

Lush Gold Fun Review

Good afternoon, lovelies! :D

Today I have a review of Lush's Gold Fun! :D

This is a Christmas 2013 edition of their existing multi-purpose Fun collection.


This was sent to me for review :).

Fun is a really interesting and, well, 'fun' creation! :D  This product can be used as soap, solid shampoo, as well as solid bubble bath!


Here is Lush.ca's description:

"SWEET HONEY-TOFFEE FUN
Have your bath and play with it too! We’ve created a very special limited-edition version of FUN, our multipurpose shampoo, soap, bubble bath and moldable toy just for this holiday season. We started with our best-selling honey-toffee fragrance to give it an incredibly delicious aroma, then we added a luxurious gold luster! Resist the urge to take a bite of this sweet roll, despite how scrumptious it smells. Instead, we recommend you mold it into some fancy jewelry or a gold medal, then smush it under running water to get a tub full of soft, sweet caramel-scented bubbles. Delectable!"
I am so happy that this shares the same fragrance as their Honey I Washed the Kids soap (which is also a very lovely product!).  It smells divine!!! :D
The outside of this Fun has been dusted in Lush's gold lustre, which adds that extra bit of fancy to it, in my humble opinion!
Now for the Fun part (sorry, had to! XD):
You can play with it and mold it into shapes!!! :D
And you don't have to feel bad about doing so, either!  It is made to be played with, as well as being used as soap (perfect for children and adults alike...or children in adult bodies, like me! :D)
I wanted to show you a Nefertiti sculpture I made with it, but I dropped it on the floor and squished it :'(.  Oh well!

Here are the ingredients:
Talc , Cornflour (Zea mays) , Glycerine , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Radiant Gold Lustre (Potassium Aluminum Silicate, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides) ,Sweet Wild Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis) , Bergamot Oil (Citrus Aurantium bergamia) , *Limonene , *Linalool ,*Benzyl Benzoate , Butylphenyl Methylpropional ,Fragrance

This bubbles up really well, and although I have only used it as a hand soap so far, I bet it would be absolutely perfect for a Honey I Washed the Kids scented bubble bath! :D

The texture is sticky and squishy, but firm enough to use as a soap.  I do find that it can stick to skin (and surfaces that you place it on after it has been used), so adding a bit of water for slip can help when making the Fun into shapes.  After adding water to it, it will eventually go back to its original texture when left out to dry.

This costs only $6.95 Can for 250 g, you really can't go wrong with this.

This would be a great gift for any Lush lovers in your life (but I recommend getting it fast, as it is only around for the holiday season!).

Have you tried any of Lush's Fun products before?

Have a wonderful day! :}

-Ashesela

20 comments:

  1. I definitely need more of this, it smells amazing and is so much fun!

    No pun intended.
    :)

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe!!! XD I'm glad to hear that you like it too!! :D

      Delete
  2. these look like so much fun! Love Lush!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks awesome! I already love the Fun line, and I love that this one is gold! :)

    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so happy to try this, and I am glad to have finally experienced some Lush Fun! :D

      Delete
  4. The Christmas collection of Lush is gonna get me broke! T___T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah I know how you feel!! XD When I saw all of their Christmas products, I was like "O_O" XD

      Delete
  5. Ooh, this sounds lovely! I love the sparkles and the Honey I Washed the Kids scent is one of my favourites. Will have to check this out for sure :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! :D I really hope that you like it! :D Let me know what you think of it :)

      Delete
  6. I love that you can mold it, how FUN! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to end up buying a box of stuff from Lush because of your awesome posts >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahha!! XD Thank you so much for that big compliment!! :D

      Delete
  8. I always associate metallic hues with New Years, and can't help but think what a great hostess gift this would make if you were headed to someone's house for the the 31st or January 1st.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, it would be a lovely gift!!! :D I associate metallics for both Christmas and the New Year, but the song "silver and gold" sung by the snowman on that classic Rudolph movie will always make me associate them with Christmas :D

      Delete
  9. Ooh, that sounds like a wonderful smell!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds fun to play with and use! Man...they really need to add a smelling feature to blogs lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...