Born Pretty Store Review and Winter Manicure

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Good morning, dear readers!

Today I have a review of some products that were kindly sent to me from Born Pretty Store!

First up, are these re-usable nail forms:



These are a really interesting idea! :D

You use nail forms to build up acrylics, and usually you would use disposable ones that you wrap around your finger.  This set contains 10 of them, housed in hard plastic cases.

These have adjustable wires attached to them, so you can mold it to the shape of your finger and keep it in place as you work.  The foils also have guide lines on them, so you can measure as you go along, and to ensure that every nail you do is the same size.

Unfortunately, I am completely inept at using these!  I really want to learn to do nice acrylic nails, but so far I fail almost every attempt I make (at any time, not just using these).  I do not have any photos to show you of my attempts, because they were just horribly done. :(  I seriously need more practice!

On a good note, I found that the dried acrylic comes off of the forms quite easily! :D

I'm sure I will try these again, and let you know how I get along with them.  I really like the idea of this product, but I would leave the use of these to professionals (or people who just know what they are doing!).

Second, I was sent these awesome set of half round metal ball studs:



These are all sorts of awesome! :D  I seriously love using these.

You get the effect of a round stud, but since the back is flattened, it is so much easier to apply to the nail.

These come in 2.5 and 3 mm pieces, in both silver and gold tones.  You can also buy a similar set but in 1.5 and 2 mm sizes, here.

Here are some nail ideas using the both sets of studs:


I had done a set of nails using just the 1.5mm to 2 mm studs a while back (the post is here):


Lastly, I was sent this lovely set of clear acrylic nails:



 They range in sizes 0-9:


These are some of my new favourite acrylic nails to use! :D  They are firmer than all of the opaque acrylic false nails that I have used before, and the clarity of these give you more options for nail art.

They feel very strong and durable, and are very clear.

There are 50 nails in each of the 10 sizes, so you get a total of 500 false nails to use (woohoo so many nail art options!! :D)

Here is a set I did with a freehand winter theme:



(irregularities at the tops and sides are from the polish I used and top coat)


Once again, Born Pretty Store has provided some wonderful items!! :D

While I had some trouble using the nail forms, that was more than likely just user error.  I am not experienced with nail forms of any kind, and I am sure that someone who is used to them will get much better results than I.

The half-round beads are great quality, and are a real pleasure to work with. :D

And as for the clear false nails, I would have to say that I will greatly enjoy using these for a long time!!

I hope that you have a wonderful evening! :D

-Ashesela

EDIT: I forgot to say that if you use the code CBJ61, you will get 10% off of your entire Born Pretty Store order!! :D  YAY!!!

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Ooh nice items! I love your freehand work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 Thank you so much, Traci!! I really appreciate that! :D

      Delete
  2. The store has such intresting things I don't know how to do acrylic nails too but the nail clip is very innovative
    I am inviting you to join my $30 certificate giveaway
    http://www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com/2013/11/dressale-30-certificate-giveaway.html?m=0
    Keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love so many of their products, and they are good quality and very inexpensive. :D

      Delete
  3. I love both the studded and the free-handed nails :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow great job! I didn't know what that first photo was but I got it now lol

    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. everything you create is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such splendidly pretty nails! I love that each of these sets (and manis) you created here seems to sing with the spirit of winter. With the temps below freezing once again, I'm really starting to make the shift from fall to winter again, too.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D