Sally Girl Mini Lipstick in Shy - Review

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Good afternoon, lovelies! :D

My favourite type of makeup to wear is lip colour.  Even if I am wearing nothing else on my face, a bold lip makes me feel more confident and put together.

I've always been a fan of reds, and lately I just cannot seem to get enough of them! :)

So, during my last trip to Sally Beauty Supply, I perused their mini Sally Girl makeup collection near the cash register, as I have had many good experiencing using their cute and rather inexpensive makeup.

I picked up Shy, which is a semi-sheer bright red.



This is a blue-based red, which makes it great for skin with red undertones.

When it is on, it looks a bit red-pink:

(I tried to adjust the colours to make them more true-to-life, but they look super bright here as I had to use my flash.  The colour is a bit darker and deeper in real life.  Also, please excuse the messed-up blurring, I meant to blur around the lips so I could focus on the lip colour and not my skin, but I was a bit overzealous! XD)

The coverage is really decent, and what I like most about the formula is that it is really creamy, and not drying. :D

This is slightly sheer, so it does fade faster than a matte lipstick.  I would like to tell you how long it lasted on me, but I drink tea all day and smoke, and I don't think my experience would be very helpful. XD

I really like that with the Sally Girl cosmetics, you buy them in mini-sizes, which makes them very economical.  You can try a bunch of them for a very small cost, and not worry about wasting much money if you don't like some of them on you. :)  (Also: you can easily take these with you, as they don't take up too much space.)

I would suggest using a lip liner with this, as it can bleed a bit outside of your lip line.

Have you tried any of the Sally Girl mini lipsticks before? :D

Have a great day!

-Ashesela

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. The colir is nice, one thibg that i like is that they are avaliable in economical mini syzes so we can buy variety..
    Kisses
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that about them too! :D So handy, and then you can try so many for such a low price! :D

      Delete
  2. That color is pretty! I wonder if Sally's here carries them...here in Toronto we don't get all the same things the US, we don't even have the GVP brand and that is a Sally's brand lol

    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am in the Ottawa area, so you probably will have them :D

      Delete
  3. very pretty color! really suits you.

    http://steph-g.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful~~ I think this is the kind of lipstick that will match me, since you mentioned its for those with red undertones ^_^ I have something similar to this from Shiseido, and I think it is really pretty on you my dear!

    <3 Celly
    ❤ TheSnowFlowerrr ❤ Beauty and Makeup Blog ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Celly!!! :D I bet this would look stunning on you!!
      OMG I LOVE Shiseido!! :D
      <3

      Delete
  5. That colour looks fantastic on you! I love, and most often wear, red lipstick, too. It's so classic, feminine, and beautiful, all of which this Sally shade embodies. I just about always wear lip liner with my lipstick, be it colour or clear, or if, not, a similarly hued lip stain underneath (as it does just about the same thing if the lippy wears off, though it doesn't help with feather/bleeding as much).

    Have an awesome pre-Halloween weekend!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jessica!! <3 :'D I LOVE your lipsticks!! :D If you ever do a post on what your favourite lip products are, I will love you forever!!

      Delete
  6. Aw this is super cute! I love the shade of it! It looks awesome on your lips!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This colour looks great on you!
    I've only looked at their nail polishes, but next time I'll check their makeup too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! :D Their makeup is really fun! :D

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! :D