Lush Noriko Soap Review

Saturday, October 26, 2013


Good afternoon, lovelies!! :D

While it is still a few days away from Hallowe'en, and I know that some of you might not be as excited as I am, CHRISTMAS IS ALMOST HERE!!!! :'D!!! >:D

My countdown until the next Christmas starts on Boxing Day (no joke!).  The holiday season is my absolute favourite time of the year.  I have permanent Christmas decorations all over my bedroom. When stores start playing Christmas songs in October I smile with glee.  And I cannot help but get super happy and excited when my favourite companies start releasing their Christmas products. :}

Enter: Lush!! :D

A lot of Lush's Christmas products are now available, both online and in-store.  Some have not arrived yet in-store (at least in the Ottawa area), so they will be coming soon.

I have been overjoyed at being able to get some of Lush's Christmas collection, as this is my first Lush Christmas (WHEEE!!!)

So starting today, I will be reviewing a bunch of Lush's Christmas products!!  WOOO!

Today's review is for Noriko soap, which was so kindly sent to me for review:


Here is Lush's description:

Smooth, creamy and bursting with floral perfumes

This delicate floral soap creates a soft, creamy lather that nourishes hardworking hands. With seaweed and glycerin to soften and hydrate, and rose, ylang ylang, lavender and orange oil to create a fresh, rainy garden perfume. Noriko is named after our enthusiastic Japanese friend who loves creating new LUSH products. It has become a best-selling soap in Japan, with Japanese-inspired ingredients like sake, rice decoction and tofu to nourish the skin. We've brought it back as a limited edition treat for you this winter season. Lather up and enjoy!


This is a really lovely soap!  It is very creamy and it smells lovely.  I find that it has a really interesting fragrance, which is not overpowering at all.  It has notes of muted florals and a spicy kick, which I think is from the sake (good gravy do I love sake!).

Here are the ingredients:

Propylene Glycol , Rapeseed Oil , Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Cocos nucifera) , Rice Decoction (Oryza sativa) , Sake , Tofu , Water (Aqua) , Sodium Stearate , Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , Agar Agar Gel (Gelidium cartilagineum) , Titanium Dioxide , Fragrance, Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia) , Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena) , Ylang Ylang (Cananga odorata) ,Brazilian Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis) , Glycerine ,Sodium Chloride , EDTA , Tetrasodium Editronate ,Sodium Hydroxide , Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides) , *Geraniol , *Farnesol , *Benzyl Salicylate , *Benzyl Benzoate , *Linalool , FD&C Blue No. 1 , FD&C Red No. 4 ,


Noriko lathers really well, and it feels nice on the skin.  If you like cutting your soaps to help preserve them, this one cuts like butter! :)

I also like that the fragrance doesn't fill the bathroom :} (I know that a lot of people would love that for Lush products, but since there are 3 other people living in the same house as me, I have to take into account whether or not they like a fragrance).  This does scent the skin, but in a subtle way, so it shouldn't interfere with any additional fragrance that you would like to wear.

I also really like the look of Noriko, as it has a creamy whitish-base with these fun blocks of colour on top (I got the yellow!). :D

On top of everything else, I love the fact that it has ties to Japan, as I am a huge fan of that country!!  (I love you Japan!) :D

Overall I am so happy that I have had the opportunity to try this, and I think it is a great addition to any bathroom!!

Have you tried Noriko yet?  If not, I highly suggest grabbing a slice and giving it a go! :D

Have a wonderful weekend!

-Ashesela :}




You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. I love Lush's Christmas specials, even if they're way too expensive for my tastes...I wanted to compliment with you about the quality of the pictures of your blog, they are super clear and show the products very well, I like the fact you keep the background flat (I actually do the opposite :D)
    Have a nice day!

    Arianna, Nymphashion ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you very much!! :D I really appreciate that! :D
      Have a wonderful weekend :}

      Delete
  2. Awesome review, this looks great! I love Lush's Christmas collections, they're always incredible :)

    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! :D I am so happy to be able to finally try some of their Christmas range! :D

      Delete
  3. I love this one too! Mine had a green spot on it. So pretty like sushi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is pretty!! :D And I love sushi! XD

      Delete
  4. I have not tried it but it sounds quite interesting so I'll..
    Last day to enter my migmon sunglasses giveaway. Please do enter..
    http://www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com/2013/10/mignon-mignon-sunglasses-giveaway.html?m=0
    Kisses,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you give this one a try, I hope you like it! :D! Thank you for the giveaway reminder!
      <3

      Delete
  5. hehe I love that you love Christmas! This soap looks and sounds beautiful :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you very much for following me back!! :D <3

      Delete
  7. I love Lush soaps! This looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too! :D Honey I Washed the Kids and Alkmaar are my favourites!! :D

      Delete
  8. Can't wait to grab a slice of this! Last time I was in Lush, I didn't notice they had this until I was already rung up and didn't want to wait in line again (they were swamped). But it smelled HEAVENLY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, sorry to hear it (I hate when that happens!)
      I hope you can get some :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! :D