Lush Amandopondo Bubble Bar Review

Monday, October 14, 2013

Good morning, lovelies! :D

First: Happy Thanksgiving to all of my fellow Canadian readers!! :D 

Today I have a review of Lush's Amandopondo Bubble Bar. :)


Here is the lush.ca description:

A LUXURIOUS ROSE BUBBLE BATH WITH LEMON AND ORANGE OILS

Amandopondo is scented with rose absolute and a citrus twist of lemon and orange oils to help you forget your worries and clear your conscience as you soak in a tub of beautiful fluffy bubbles. And, if you happen to be the one in the wrong, be sure to present an Amondopondo bubble bar to anyone to whom you owe an apology. One soak in fragrant, rose and lemon-scented mounds of luxurious foam will soon soothe resentment and dissolve tension; all should be forgiven. Better keep one around for all occasions, just in case.

First off, I have to say that this smells reaaaally nice!! :D  There is the lovely lemony rose scent, and while it is noticeable, it will not overpower your bathroom (or your house).  I find that my skin doesn't really smell like it much after using it, but I also have a large bath and use only half of an Amandopondo at a time.

I find that this bubble bar is one of the most bubbly ones I have tried.  I use only half of it at a time, and I get lovely mounds of bubbles and by the end of my bath there are still bubbles!  (That is really good in my book!)
One thing that I thought was interesting, is that when you split it in two, you can see that it looks sort of like an onion:

Even more so when you wet it:



XD  

Here are some of the lovely bubbles:



The bathwater turns a slightly milky colour, but other than that there is no added colour to your water.

One of the things I love most about Lush bath bombs and bubble bars, is that they really help to soften your bathwater.  I have really hard water where I live (we are constantly using vinegar to remove calcium buildup from our kettle, which is like sheets of rock growing on the bottom), and this helps to keep my skin smooth!

This retails for $7.95 Can.  While I find it to be a bit pricey, you can split it in two and get two baths out of it.  

I really love this, and will definitely repurchase! :D  I got mine in the Rosie gift set (this is a great gift idea!!) which also includes a Rose Jam Bubbleroon, a Rose Queen bath bomb, and a small pot of Ro's Argan body conditioner.

Have you tried Amandopondo before?  Have you tried any other Lush bubble bars?

Have an amazing day!! :D

-Ashesela

You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. I love Lush, mostly all their products. I can be a lil' biased to Lush. :D

    Ru|Glitter & Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I love most of their products too! :D

      Delete
  2. That sounds like such a heavenly scent - redolent perhaps of a Sicilian garden or Moroccan market place. My mind is taking a sun-kissed vacation just thinking about it! :)

    Happiest Thanksgiving wishes, my sweet friend!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will always adore your descriptions!! :D
      Thank you so much!! <3

      Delete
  3. amazing¡

    Would you like to follow each other? I´ll follow back

    http://naifdolls.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by! :D Sure, it would be great to follow one another! :) I am following your blog now :D

      Delete
  4. Great review! This one has always been on my wishlist :)
    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! :D You definitely need to try it then!! :D

      Delete
  5. I love Lush! Can't wait to check out their Halloween collection :)
    xoxo
    Suzanne from written by suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am excited to try out their Halloween products too (and their Christmas ones! :D)

      Delete
  6. OMG i can't wait for try it *.* hope you will follow me back <3
    http://mysecretkawaidream.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds lovely! I'm not big on baths, but once it a while I like to take one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh this sounds awesome for a nice bath!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so lovely! I highly recommend it!! :D

      Delete
  9. This is a great description of the bubble bar! I especially liked that you mentioned that the scent doesn't linger on your skin afterwards, because that would be the only thing that would prevent me from buying this particular bar. I like the smell of rose for just a little while, but when it lingers it starts to make me nauseous haha! Thanks for the review :)

    Bailey
    aka Bailey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Absolutely my pleasure!! :D I am so glad that you liked the review!! <3

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! :D