Essence Stay Matt Lip Cream Review - 04 Silky Red

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Good morning, dear readers! :D

I am a huge fan of red lip colour, as well as Essence cosmetics.  So today I have a review of Essence Stay Matt Lip Cream in 04 Silky Red.


This is a gorgeous bright red, that has a creamy formula, yet looks matte on the lips (we use 'matte' where I live, vs. matt).


Sorry about the awkward blurry mirror photos (I swear, I tried to remove those spots but they just didn't go!):

The colour below is the most accurate:

My camera was having a crazy time with this red when I took a flash non-reflection-in-the-mirror photo:

(The more I look at this, the weirder it looks O-o)

I would advise some lip liner and/or better application skills than what I presently possess, but other than that it is a really great formula! In the photo above you can see a bit of bleeding at the corners of my mouth, but I think that may have just been my shoddy application skills.  I am wearing a bit of red lip liner in these photos, but I still made a mess of my mouth. XD

It doesn't dry my lips out very much despite it being a matte formula.  The colour payoff is fantastic, it smells like Lip Smackers Vanilla Frosting lip gloss from a bazillion years ago, and it was dirt cheap! :D  YAY ESSENCE!! However, I found this on a stand that was separate from the usual Essence permanent display, so it may be harder to find.  Boo!

This wears really well but I can't give an accurate time frame of how long it lasts since I smoke and drink tea/stuff all day.

Seriously, this is one of my all-time favourite lip products, and I just got it!!

Have you tried any of the Matt Lip Creams?

Have a great day! :D

-Ashesela

You Might Also Like

28 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Yay!! I am glad you like it! :D It is so vibrant!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you!! :D I am really glad you like it!! :D

      Delete
  3. Wow, it's been a while since I've been here! I love your new, spare layout, it really looks fantastic. This lippy, though... I've been eyeing these in the grocery store and now I think I'll pick one up... this one in particular. I'm not huge on glosses but I adooore me some matte red lips ♥ It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have you back!!! :D Thank you so much! <3
      I bet this would look amazing on you :D

      Delete
  4. Hello dear, nice blog, great pics. ;) Do you want to follow each other? Let me know, follow me and I will follow you back. :) http://elizabethlore.blogspot.cz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much!! :D Sure!! I am following your blog now :}

      Delete
  5. Wow, that looks great, I am impressed with the pigmentation, I will have to see if we have these here in Toronto.

    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just got our displays in this month here in Ottawa, so there is a good chance that Shopper's has it near you :D

      Delete
  6. This shade looks gorgeous! I haven't tried anything from Essence, but I really should! :)

    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :O Really??!! You have to!! :D Their quality is great, I love their cute packaging, they have great pigmented colours, they are very inexpensive, and they don't test on animals!! :D <3

      Delete
  7. Such a beautiful color! Looks great (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Essence! But I've never tried much more than their nail polishes. Here's another thing to add to my must-try list! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh their makeup is awesome!! :D <3

      Delete
  9. This looks FABULOUS on you! I love red lippies, I'll have to hunt this down :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :'D Thank you so much!!! <3 I really hope you can find it!!

      Delete
  10. What a gorgeous color! You look stunning! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :O Thank you so much!!! :'D You are so sweet! :'D

      Delete
  11. You are so very gorgeous - and you've the kind of full, fabulously lovely lips I'd happily give my favourite vintage dress to have. They look especially terrific in this vivid, warm, classic shade of red.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :'D Thank you so much, Jessica!! :'D You are so kind!!!

      Delete
  12. it is really nice!!

    xx
    FashionEvELand | FEEL

    ReplyDelete
  13. This actually looks quite nice for a Essence product! Don't get me wrong, I love their inexpensive nail goodies, but they aren't exactly known for being super high quality!! I probably wouldn't have picked up one of these lip products, but your swatch of it looks REALLY nice! They're like Miley Cyrus lips :)

    Bailey
    aka Bailey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, really??! :D Thank you so much!!! <3
      Most of the Essence products I have tried have been excellent quality :D Sorry to hear that you have heard about some less than good reviews D:

      Delete
  14. You have a gorgeous mouth! This colour looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D