Demeter Fragrance Review - Mahogany

Saturday, October 05, 2013


Good evening, lovelies!!

I have another Demeter fragrance review for you today: Mahogany.


This was kindly sent to me for review, and I am so ecstatic that it was!! :D

This is by far my favourite Demeter fragrance yet.

Here is the description from their web site:

"A deep, rich, full bodied exotic wood scent, with a touch of spice.
Pretty much what a man should smell like."

Oh.my.gosh..

This smells AMAZING!!! O_O  I seriously am in love with it, and when I run out I am going to buy more of it!!

The woodiness in this is so strong, and it could easily be classified as a masculine scent, but it can be worn by women as well. :D  There is a hint of spice, but it is mostly woods.

Another great thing about this is that it also can layer very well, as all of their fragrances can.  If you want to add a bit of woody spice to your perfume, you can spray some of this on along with another fragrance, and there you go! :D

For a long time now I have been looking for a fragrance that had a beautiful wood scent to it, but I always fell short.  I sniffed and tested a bunch of feminine perfumes, masculine colognes... all to no avail.  But then this baby showed up in my package, and WOOOO  I finally found what I was looking for!!! :D

I do find that this scent fades fast on me, but it gives me another excuse to spray more on (which I don't mind doing at all! :D).  Also, if you have moisturiser on first, the molecules can attach themselves to it more easily, and that can make the fragrance last longer.

I find that whenever I think of the name of this, I hear Effie Trinket scream "That's mahogany!!" in my head.  XD

Have you tried Demeter Mahogany before?  If so, what were your thoughts on it?

Take care and have an amazing evening!! :D

-Ashesela

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. I remember when Demeter fragrances were sold in Whole Foods and while my mom shopped, I would just stay in the beauty isle and smell the whole line. hahaha thanks for the throwback!

    biffsquiggled

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh, this sounds amazing. I love spicy, woody scents!

    (And yes, I was hearing Effie too. ;p)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh if you can, you really have to try this then!! :D I love it!

      Delete
  3. This sounds lovely, great for autumn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. After reading your review im so excited, waiting for my package from demeter..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh yay!!! :D What are you getting?? :D

      Delete
  5. Wow this sounds awesome! I think I would love this scent on my bf :)
    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does smell so woody and amazing. I lurves it! XD

      Delete
  6. What a lovely sounding scent! It seems like it would be great for this time a year :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D