Ash's Nail Tutorials 4 - Valentino Paris Haute Couture Inspired

Tuesday, October 01, 2013


Good evening, dear readers! :)

I hope that you are doing well today.  Unfortunately most of us aren't feeling so good over at my home (we are sick :().  I'm not doing too bad at this precise moment in time, but last night was a bit rough.

I am excited though, because I am currently using a product that I was sent for review (secret secret!), and I am completely loving it!!  I will have a review up of the mystery item at the end of October after I have given myself enough time to really try it out, and I look forward to seeing the results. :D

Also, I am getting an order from Lush in sometime in the next 7 days, so that is all sorts of awesome! :D

Onto the nail tutorial!

Here is the end result of the look we will be achieving today:


This look is inspired by this Valentino fabric from the Paris Haute Couture Fashion Fall Week in 2013:


Here is the tutorial:


1. Start with a clean nail.

2. Coat the nail with black polish, using as many coats as needed to reach opacity.

3. Using a tool with a fine point (a fine brush, dotting tool, toothpick, etc.), start adding small dots of gold acrylic paint in an *almost* flower shape.

4.  Add some more small gold dots, this time in an uneven wavy line going down the nail.

5.  Using a fine brush, make little leaf shapes out of gold paint beside some of the dots.

6.  Add more dots and leaves, and some lines at the bottom of the nail with dots at the end.

7.  Continue adding the dots and leaves (until you are satisfied with your design), and after the paint has dried, add some top coat and you are finished! :D

I would go into more detail with what pattern I am doing, but to be honest you can interpret the Valentino fabric design in many ways.  Get creative and don't be afraid to make your own patterns over the black polish.  The look of gold over black is incredibly striking and luxe, and you can have endless pattern possibilities!

I hope this tutorial was helpful, and I hope that you have a wonderful night!! :D

-Ashesela

You Might Also Like

24 comments

  1. That is so pretty! I love the gold and black combo.

    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! :D I love gold and black too! :D

      Delete
  2. Great design! love it.

    noradulce.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, I am blown away by your detail work, Ash. Hope you and yours are feeling much better soon!

    PS: I am totally jamming on your wind chime. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Elizabeth!!! :D <3 I really appreciate it :)
      (If you click on the chime you can go to the site and get one too!! :D)

      Delete
  4. This is so pretty! You made it look so easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so gonna try this out! Looks so classy <3




    www.hixvoltage.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I am so glad you like it!!! :D

      Delete
  6. This is so lovely. Your blog is an inspiration. I love this nail color.
    Mind following one another? I will def follow back. Thanks.
    http://rock4less.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by!! :D I really appreciate your lovely comment!! <3
      (I am a follower of your blog :D)

      Delete
  7. It's pretty, it's complicated but it's really pretty. I have a total of zero talent when it comes to painting my nails.
    I'll still try it.

    Ru|Glitter & Blush
    [followed you back]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! :D I'm glad you are going to try it! :D

      Delete
  8. Oh honey, that's rough! I'm really sorry to hear that you and your family have been struck with one of the season's many nasty bugs. Fingers crossed that you'll all be on the mend again soon.

    Healing hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jessica!! <3 Thankfully we are doing much better now :)

      Delete
  9. I hope you're doing well now! I am really loving these tutorial posts :D This one is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! :D Yep, we are feeling better :D
      I am so glad that you like these tutorials!! :D
      <3

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! :D