Ash's Nail Tutorials 4 - Valentino Paris Haute Couture InspiredTuesday, October 01, 2013
Good evening, dear readers! :)
I hope that you are doing well today. Unfortunately most of us aren't feeling so good over at my home (we are sick :(). I'm not doing too bad at this precise moment in time, but last night was a bit rough.
I am excited though, because I am currently using a product that I was sent for review (secret secret!), and I am completely loving it!! I will have a review up of the mystery item at the end of October after I have given myself enough time to really try it out, and I look forward to seeing the results. :D
Also, I am getting an order from Lush in sometime in the next 7 days, so that is all sorts of awesome! :D
Onto the nail tutorial!
Here is the end result of the look we will be achieving today:
This look is inspired by this Valentino fabric from the Paris Haute Couture Fashion Fall Week in 2013:
Here is the tutorial:
1. Start with a clean nail.
2. Coat the nail with black polish, using as many coats as needed to reach opacity.
3. Using a tool with a fine point (a fine brush, dotting tool, toothpick, etc.), start adding small dots of gold acrylic paint in an *almost* flower shape.
4. Add some more small gold dots, this time in an uneven wavy line going down the nail.
5. Using a fine brush, make little leaf shapes out of gold paint beside some of the dots.
6. Add more dots and leaves, and some lines at the bottom of the nail with dots at the end.
7. Continue adding the dots and leaves (until you are satisfied with your design), and after the paint has dried, add some top coat and you are finished! :D
I would go into more detail with what pattern I am doing, but to be honest you can interpret the Valentino fabric design in many ways. Get creative and don't be afraid to make your own patterns over the black polish. The look of gold over black is incredibly striking and luxe, and you can have endless pattern possibilities!
I hope this tutorial was helpful, and I hope that you have a wonderful night!! :D