Woodland Autumn Nails (Freehand Nail Art)

Monday, September 23, 2013


Good morning, dear readers! (Super early morning, 12:11 a.m. here! XD)

Today I have some more nail art to show you. :D

As today is officially autumn (YAY!), I figure it is time to start showcasing some interesting and out of the ordinary nail art.  What is better for fall than woodland nails? :D

My sister is a makeup artist, and she will be doing a photoshoot of a woodland nymph, so I offered to do the nails for it.

So for the nails we decided on something like bark and twigs, to continue with the theme, and this is what I came up with:




For these I used some regular trimmed false nails, and scraped them up a bit, also pulling out some of the nail to mimic bark peeling.

The base grey I used is China Glaze Recycle, and the other colours are brown, white and black paint.

I used Sephora by O.P.I Matte Top Coat over the finished designs, as I didn't want something super shiny but needed to provide some protection for the acrylic paint.  I find that over time the matte top coat has gotten less matte :/

My sister actually started a new blog (Fantastic Illusions) to show some of her work.  I absolutely adore her work (not just because she is my sister but because she is fantastic at what she does :D), and I really suggest taking a peek at her website!!  She doesn't have much up just yet as she just started it, but her content is awesome, and I know of more awesome projects she will have photos of later :D!

I hope that you had a great weekend!

-Ashesela

You Might Also Like

45 comments

  1. Ash....these are magnificent! They look so realistic!!! Your art always amazes me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is amazing, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect nails for fall.. :)
    Keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    http://instagram.com/beingbeautifulpooja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Fit the theme to the T :D. I can see this being used for Halloween as well. Visited your sister's blog. The stuff there is quite ... gory, in a good way :D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha she is great at it, isn't she? :D Thank you for your lovely comment!! :D

      Delete
  5. They are so genius and totally cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing!! I'd love to see a step by step on how you did this. I'm so intrigued :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! :D I was thinking about doing a tutorial, but then I realised it would be too many steps. :(
      Thank you again!! :D

      Delete
  7. Most amazing nail art I've seen! I graduated from nail school but can never be able to do something like this :(



    www.hixvoltage.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I really appreciate your compliment!! :D I would really like to go to nail school but I can't right now :( Oh, I am sure you can make absolutely gorgeous nail art!!

      Delete
  8. This is beautiful dear! How should I call you, Ash? You are so creative, and these nails look very life like. Wonderful job there =))

    <3 Celly
    http://thesnowflowerrr.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Celly, thank you so very much for your lovely comment!! :D Ash is perfect! :D
      Thank you for stopping by!
      <3

      Delete
  9. These look amazing, worked fantastic for the photoshoot! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure!!! :D I am so glad that they worked out!!

      Delete
  10. great post! So cool !! would you like to follow eachother?
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! :D Hehe I am already a follower ^-^

      Delete
  11. I totally want to do this. What a great idea and it looks awesomely real! Superb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :D I am glad that you like them!! :D

      Delete
  12. This is amazing - I would love to have seen a step-by-step of how you did this!!

    Bailey
    http://akabailey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much!! :D I thought about it, but it would have taken too many steps, since I just continuously worked and painted for a long time :(

      Delete
  13. Those are so neat!! Not to mention very, very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so fantastically cool and enchantingly lovely! I've seen faux bois patterned nails before, but never anything quite like this. Amazing work!

    Big hugs & tons of thanks for all of your recent blog comments, honey!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jessica!! <3 I really appreciate your lovely comments too! :D
      <3

      Delete
  15. holy cow these are amazing! literally mind-blowing, so realistic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :'D Thank you so very much!!! :D I really appreciate that! :D

      Delete
  16. These are amazing, so realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Holy cow girl this is amazing! I wish I had an ounce of your talent lol. I can barely paint in the lines.

    justinawho.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet!! :'D Thank you so much! :D

      Delete
  18. Le GASP! Ash, these are phenomenal. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :'D Thank you so much Elizabeth!!! <3

      Delete
  19. Wow! I think the trees would be proud! These look so realistic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :'D Thank you so much!!! :D I really appreciate that!

      Delete
  20. Wow these look so cool and so realistic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! :D They were really fun to do :D

      Delete
  21. This is sick! Brilliantly done Ash! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D