September Favourites - 2013

Sunday, September 29, 2013


Good morning, dear readers! :}

As we are nearing the close of September 2013, I feel it is time for a September Favourites post! :D  I decided to add a section on the bottom of this post of my September Un-Favourites, too.

I have been seriously loving these this month:

Here is the list, in no particular order:

1. Lush Sea Spray hair mist - a texturizing spray that gives my hair body while keeping frizz down.  It has a gorgeous fragrance (the same scent as Shine So Bright) and I keep getting compliments on it when I wear it :D
2. Lush Shine So Bright - a hair balm that smells absolutely gorgeous and helps with fly aways and keeping split end looking better.
3. Demeter Mahogany cologne spray - a strong, spicy wood scent that I am in love with.  Perfect for the cooler months of the year :D
4. Demeter Cinnamon Bark massage and body oil - It smells like Philosophy's Gingerbread Man body scrub.  Not a straight cinnamon scent, it smells like an autumn/winter blend with ginger and other spices.
5. Lush Ro's Argan body conditioner - Absolutely delicious rose jam scent, and it moisturises like a dream!
6. Lush Rose Jam bubbleroon - I love the Rose Jam scent and this makes my hard water much more soft, while leaving some delightful bubbles and a pink tinge to the bathwater.
7. Boscia B.B. Cream in Light - This blends easily, gives medium coverage, is the perfect colour for my pale skin, does not break me out and has a broad spectrum SPF of 27 PA ++.  Can't go wrong with that! :D
8. Light rye bread - because it is amazing.
9. Nutella -... oh god whyyyy??!  I ate SO MUCH of this stuff!!
10. Earl Grey tea - because it is Earl Grey tea.
11. The Walking Dead - I re-watched the first two seasons this month, and I cannot wait until Oct 13th for the new season to start up.  I heard that a new web series will be starting up on Oct 1st, so definitely check out their website for that! :D
12. Hex - a really interesting television show on the UK Netflix.  It has Michael Fassbender in it, and oooh boy, he is lookin' gooooood!!
13. Orly nail polish in Buried Alive - this came out last fall in Orly's Dark Shadows collection, and it is a gorgeously rich dark brown, which is amazing for the cooler weather.
14. Ylvis - This band is hilarious!!  I recommend that you go to YouTube and type in their name, and watch some of their music videos. :D
15. Starbucks pumpkin spice latte - need I say more?

Now, for the things I have not loved so much this month...

September Un-Favourites:

1. My nails got all brittle and the skin around them has been so dry, despite moisturising.  I now have really uneven nubbins, and a bazillion hangnails.  What the hell??! *angry face*
2.  Being a smoker still.  Ugh so bad for me and sooo expensive!! :(
3. My new Lush Vanilla Puff Powder.  It smells weird, not at all like the other one I had before, which smelled like Vanillary.  It must be a batch problem. :(
4. World War Z (the movie).  I didn't hate it, but despite knowing that it was different from the book and watching it while trying to treat it as a stand-alone, I was a bit unimpressed.  Which makes me feel bad because a lot of people spent a lot of time and money on this project.  The main thing that bothered me was the way they did the zombies.  They are all super-human fast, and almost all of them are CGI, which instantly dates the film.  Even some zombies that were right in front of the camera were heavily computer generated.  I can understand doing that for the crazy hoards, for obvious reasons (like hundreds and thousands of super fast undead).  But I think they could have added in more makeup for the singular zombies.  The Walking Dead uses really amazing makeup for most of their zombies, and so the show will still look visually amazing 10 years from now.  But CGI zombies will look not-so-good in only a couple of years.  But hey, what can you do?

What are some of your favourites for this month? :D  Any un-favourites?

Have a wonderful day!!

-Ashesela

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Looks like you are a big fan of lush, i am going to try lush shine so bright
    Keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you like it!! :D It smells reaaaally good, and is great for taming flyaways! :D

      Delete
  2. LOVE this post!

    And who can resist Nutella?? :)

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! :D I know, right??! Nutella is too good hahah XD

      Delete
  3. I've been wanting to try Lush products for ages now! I don't have a store that's really close to me though, but I may have to make a trip soon!

    http://skinstuffbykaty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope you can!! :D I am already planning my next three trips (LOL) XD I can't wait until my local Lush (well, it is about an hour away) gets their Hallowe'en and Christmas collections in! :D

      Delete
  4. I love Lush's Sea Spray and Ro's Argan too! :)
    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they amazing?? I will be picking up more when I go back :D

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh! Sounds like we've had a similar-ish September. My mom and I have been rewatching The Walking Dead this month to get pumped for season 4. 2 weeks to go, yay!

    My nails also went crazy this month too. They got really dry and, I dunno they look like they were cracked in the middle or something? Weird. I got some of it off by using a nail shiner. I've just never had my nails go that dry before! Hmm. :(

    I'm gonna have to try the Shine So Bright balm when I go to Auckland this weekend. Yay!

    Oh, and yes, totally agree with the World War Z zombies. It was just bizarre how they suddenly got super fast. Like, they're dead, and have mutated into Usain Bolt-ish runners anyway? What the heck is up with that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah you do sound like you had a really similar September!! :D And the zombies... I know, right??! I don't recall them being this fast in the books. Super crazy fast! XD
      Sorry to hear that you have been suffering from dry skin and cracked nails too :( I wonder why?? The weather why I am isn't particularily cold right now (actually it has been pretty warm despite it being this time of the year). Strangeness!!
      Oooh I hope you like the Shine So Bright!! :D I just ordered their Happy Happy Joy Joy conditioner which supposedly has the same scent as SSB and Sea Spray (which is goooorgeous!!!) :D Definitely let me know what you think!! :D

      Delete
  6. Okay I loved this post and I knew world war Z would be an alright movie. But that thing, the wind chime is amazing! I love that sound. this made me so happy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much!! :D If you click on it, it will lead you to the website where I got it from :D. I saw it on one of the blogs I follow, and I actually kept her blog window open for a long time so I could relax while listening to it. I am so glad you like it too!!! :D

      Delete
  7. If you take vitamins, have you tried taking a multivit with biotin? I bit my nails for years and they're still fairly weak and brittle; I find that biotin makes a huge difference in how strong my nails and hair are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought about that! That would make sense, I need to get more vitamins and minerals in my diet. Thank you very much for the suggestion!! :D

      Delete
  8. Love your list! omg Nutella <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! :D Hahaha I know, right??!! Nutella is amazing! :D

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! :D