Lush Ultrabalm Review

Friday, September 13, 2013


Good afternoon, dear readers! :D

Today I have a review of Lush's Ultrabalm.


To be completely honest I didn't think about this product much when I first heard of it.  What got my attention was a post on the Lush St. Laurent Facebook page, where I saw one of the lovely employees using it to help reduce friction on her toesies in her shoesies (sorry, had to XD).

That definitely got my attention!  I get blisters on my feet on a regular basis, and they never turn into helpful callouses, just more blisters.  Ugh!  I can't even wear flip flops because the strap just shreds my skin.

Anyway (sorry for the gross imagery!), I decided that the next time I went to Lush, I would pick some up.

WOOOOEEEE!!!  This stuff is AWESOME!! :D

Ultrabalm is supposed to be a better alternative to petroleum jelly, and instead of using hydrocarbons on your skin, you get a lovely mix of three different plant waxes.


The ingredients are: organic jojoba oil, candelilla wax, and rose wax.  One of the things I love most about Ultrabalm is that it only has those three ingredients.

While I have not yet had to use it for blisters on my feet (which I am sure it would be absolutely lovely for! :D), I really enjoy that it has so many different uses.  You can put a tiny bit in your hair to reduce frizzyness, you can use it with your lip balm for added moisture (or use it instead of your lip balm), you can use it as a general all-over moisturiser, you can use it to take off makeup in a pinch, you can add it on top of your hand moisturiser for added protection... there are really a bazillion uses for this!  Basically you can use this in place of anything you would use petroleum jelly for.

While I will stick to my regular water emulsifying oil based makeup remover, this really will work in a pinch:


I find it takes a bit more work to remove my makeup with this than my regular cleanser, but if I have this with me and end up unexpectedly spending a night out, I can whip this out and remove every last bit of makeup off of my skin.  :D

ALSO!  It just melts into your skin like buttah!  Seriously, I expected this to stay greasy, but if you use a small amount (you really do not need to use much of this at all), after a few minutes it just sinks right in.


I honestly give this product a 5/5!  It has become a Lush staple for me, and if I could only keep using a handful of products for the rest of my life, this would be one of them.

If you do carry this around with you in your purse, I suggest putting it in a zip lock bag to protect against melting.  I also recommend keeping this in a environment that isn't blisteringly hot, since it turns to liquid once it hits the warmth on your skin (but that is a good thing, as it sinks in really fast!).

Have you tried Ultrabalm yet?  If not, I highly recommend it!! :D You can pop into your local Lush and get a sample (and I think you will be very glad you did!).  :)

Have a wonderful day!!

-Ashesela

You Might Also Like

32 comments

  1. Brilliant blog, great posts and beautiful proprietress! What to want more ...
    I'd love to follow you and welcome to visit my
    blog about fashion - KatherineUnique.blogspot.com .


    Regards,
    Katherine Unique


    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review! I haven't really looked into this product before, but now I need to :D

    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not tried it but it seems like a good product if you can use it for so many different things.

    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never tried any of Lush's products! I see you have an extensive list of Lush product reviews and making note to come back to your blog to check on any Lush products! Thanks so much for making a page dedicated to just Lush products because I'll definitely be needing tips and help on what's good and not!

    This is a great review by the way and now I have my first Lush product to buy put on my shopping list! =)

    xx

    myprettyobsessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm I haven't tried it yet, but this post makes me want to try it! I think I'll put this on my black friday list of items to buy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab review! I still need to try this x

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Katherine: Thank you so much for stopping by! I am following your lovely blog :D

    @ OPI Addict: Omg it is AWESOME!! :D I hope you like it as much as I do!! :D (and thank you so much!! :D)

    @ Erica D: It really is great for so many things! :D Thank you for your comment :D

    @ Liz Outh: Eee thank you so much!!! :D I am so happy that I could be helpful!! :D! I am also very glad that you find my Lush page helpful too! :D I think Ultrabalm is a great bet, and if for some reason you don't find that it works for you, they have an amazing return policy. :D

    @ Beauty and Fashion on a College budget: Yay, I sincerely hope you like it!!! :D

    @ Bex: Thank you so much!!! :D I highly suggest it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have come across this a few times and never got It now I will defo give it a go :) Nina from Nina's Bargain Beauty checking out your blog as payback and thank you so much for the lovely comment and compliment about my eyes :) :) Following you back hunny

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't tried it yet but would love to check . Sounds def wonderful :)
    Thanks for your sweet note on my blog , I am now following on BL .

    ReplyDelete
  10. I lik your blog:)

    http://freshisyummy.blogspot.com/2013/09/applause.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ashesela! Nice review, it sounds an amazing product and I can't wait to give it a try! Thank you so much for following on bloglovin! I'm following you back now (#358)
    I'm following you on ”GFC” for a long time, and I start following you on "Google+" too. I'd be very happy if you follow me back :)

    x♥x♥

    "Saúde & Beleza - Health & Beauty"




    ReplyDelete
  12. I get blisters all the time so I would love to hear how it works for that.=)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for visiting my blog & I am now following you!!
    The green & gold nail art is divine!! True works of art.
    Your blog is lovely & it is great to meet you.
    XOXO, Mimi inmyprimetime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ Nina: Thank you so much for stopping by, and for your lovely comment!! :D I hope that you enjoy the Rose Jam shower gel!!! :D

    @ Noor: Thank you so much!!! I really appreciate that! :D!

    @ FreshIsYummy: Thank you very much for stopping by! :D You have a lovely blog and I am following it now :)

    @ Maria Flicka: Thank you so much, Maria!!! :D I am following you on Google+ now too! :D I hope you get to try the Rose Jam shower gel, and that you like it!! :D

    @ Kashaya: When I get the chance to try it, I will definitely post the results! :D

    @ over60andfabulous: Thank you so much!!! :D I really appreciate you stopping by and the lovely comment you left for me :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Lush products, gotta try it ! Thanks for the follow dear just followed back :-)

    xoxo Pakize

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gosh I wish we had lush in our country too! awesome review :)

    Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, so nice of you to follow me :) following back now!
    http://www.artevolve.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful post!!Your blog is lovely!!!! Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin' ? xxx
    Gleaming Spire // Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely LOVE the Ultrabalm :) It is definitely one of the bets products at LUSH.
    Thank you for your comment and follow - I am now following you back!
    xx abitgraceful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. lovely blog! shall we follow by facebook and bloglovinn
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi dear! You have a lovely blog!
    I'm following you now!
    Would you like to follow me back?
    xoxo
    Gosia

    http://pearlinfashion.blogspot.co.at/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Lovely greets

    ReplyDelete
  22. With so many possible uses (and only three great ingredients), it seems this should be a beauty must-have! Thanks for the review. I'm now following via bloglovin and GFC.
    ~Kim
    www.2justByou.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. @ Bunny: Thank you so much, I really appreciate it! :D!!

    @ Pakize Kapan: I am so glad you like Lush too!! :D Thank you so much for the follow!! :D

    @ Lifesplash: Thank you so much!! :D I really appreciate you stopping by!

    @ Maham: Thank you so much!! :D Aw, I am sad to hear that you don’t have a Lush where you are. Some of their online sites deliver to different countries, so maybe you can find one that would deliver to yours? :D Thank you so much for stopping by and for the follow!!! :D

    @ Afroditi Kat: Thank you so much!! :D I am following your blog now! :D

    @ Andystyle: I can’t wait to try it!! :D

    @ Grace Christine: Thank you so much for stopping by, and for following!! :D I’m so glad you like Ultrabalm too!!! :D

    @ Michelle Verpuggi: Thank you so much, I would love for us to follow each other! :D I am now following your blog on Bloglovin’! :D

    @ Pearl in fashion: Thank you so much!!! :D I am following your blog now too! :D

    @ Vanessa: Thank you so much for stopping by!! :D I really appreciate you following my blog :D

    @ 2justByou: Thank you so much for following me back, I really appreciate it! :D Ultrabalm really is a must-have for me now, it is so easy just to slip it into my purse are carry it with me wherever I go! :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. this stuff works for weird rashes - my boyfriend and i collect weird rashes so we use it a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome to know (I know what you mean about weird rashes, my sister gets them often... no idea why!)
      Thank you for the tip!! :D

      Delete
  25. i want it too !!! i will totally follow you ^.^thank you for the usefull post !
    http://mysecretkawaidream.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for following, and for leaving me such a lovely comment!! :D

      Delete
  26. This look like it works great! Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! :D It is fantastic!!!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! :D