Sunday, September 01, 2013

Lush Shimmy Shimmy Review


Good morning, dear readers! :D

Today I have a review of the lovely Lush Shimmy Shimmy massage bar.


I picked this beauty up a couple of days ago, and I could not be more happy with it!! :D

Shimmy Shimmy is a solid lotion bar that is mixed with teeny tiny iridescent glitter (for those of you who are worried about plastic glitter, Lush has replaced all of theirs with a biodegradable alternative :D).

All you need to do is swipe this bar on your skin, rub it in, and you have the most delicate sparkles wherever you put it (very Legend-esque).

Here is the list of ingredients from the Lush website:

Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao) , Iridescent Glitter (Polyethylene terephthalate and Acrylates copolymer) , Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii) , Fragrance , Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia) , Clary Sage Oil (Salvia sclarea) , Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida) , Benzoin Resinoid (Styrax benzoin) , *LinaloolCoumarin

Unfortunately, it is hard for my camera to pick up just how glittery and beautiful this is on the skin:

Before Shimmy Shimmy:


After Shimmy Shimmy:



Sigh.  It looks so much prettier than this in real life!  I guess all I can suggest is to pop into your local Lush store, and give this a try!

The sparkles stay on really well (the cocoa and shea butters definitely help with that), but if you need to wipe some off, just rub your skin with a bit of fabric and they will transfer onto that.

One of my favourite things about this is that because the glitter is small and iridescent, you don't see little dots of glitter when the light isn't hitting them.  When the light bounces off they shine like no body's business, but when the light is absent it looks like the glitters completely disappear!

Have you ever tried Shimmy Shimmy?

Have a lovely day, and a fantastic long weekend!

-Ashesela

10 comments:

  1. i love that glitter! Makes you feel like a princess right?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Anastasia: It really does!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! Never tried it but the shimmer looks nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks beautiful! I need to try it out :)

    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Lisa: Thank you so much!! :D It looks so much more amazing in real life (if you get the chance to, you have to check it out!! So pretty!!! :D)

    @ OPI Addict: Wooo you really do!!!! :D I think it would look amazing on you!! :D

    @ LittleMonsterx14: I am so glad you like it too!! :D Sparkles make the day better!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderfully pretty! I love that this is much more elegant - almost like the glitter equivalent of champagne bubbles - and grownup than the chunky rave girl style body glitter I remember from the late 90s (I was never a raver, but I did sport such glitter a few times for parties, school dances and the like).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds lovely :D I can only imagine what it looks like in person!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Lisa: Thank you so much!! :D It looks so much more amazing in real life (if you get the chance to, you have to check it out!! So pretty!!! :D)

    @ OPI Addict: Wooo you really do!!!! :D I think it would look amazing on you!! :D

    @ LittleMonsterx14: I am so glad you like it too!! :D Sparkles make the day better!!

    EDIT: I was signed onto my sister's account before (Leah) but that was me talking! XD

    @ Jessica Cangiano: I remember the 90's glitter craze with great fondness. I had these big bottles of glitter gel and I loved using them XD

    @ drinkcitra: Oh, it is GORGEOUS!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. i like youe post and thank's for your infromation ^___^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...