Lush Fresh Face Mask - Brazened Honey Review

Thursday, September 12, 2013


Good morning! :D

Today I have a review of one of Lush's famous Fresh Face Masks: Brazened Honey.



This mask is meant to stimulate, remove excess oil, and to deeply cleanse the skin.  It contains quite a few ingredients, including:

kaolin clay
lime juice
clove bud oil
juniper berry oil
sage infusion
rosemary and juniper infusion
free range eggs
ground almond shells
ground cardamom
honey
fennel
parsley
ginger root
coriander
vetiver oil

Here is the product story (I love how the UK website provides these :D):


"Helen researched ayurvedic detoxing ingredients and has combined them here with some of our other favourite ingredients, because she wanted a mask that was stimulating, but balanced by calming kind ingredients.
Sage, Juniper and rosemary infusions, ground cardamon and clove bud oil for their antiseptic qualities. 
Eggs, honey and almond oil to soothe, soften and moisturise the skin.
Fresh fennel, fresh ginger root, fresh parsley and fresh coriander to detox, and stimulate - and their enzymes will help break down dead skin cells.
Fresh lime juice cleans and degreases.  Ground almond shells act as a stimulating scrub to lift away dead grey skin. Finally kaolin and talc absorb grease and give a lovely texture to hold all those ingredients onto the skin.
Together they make a mask that will wake up tired, neglected skin." - Lush UK

(The mask was frozen in these photos, that's why it looks a bit stiff hehe)



After cleansing my face I apply a thin layer to freshly cleaned and toned skin (I find you really don't need to use much at all), and let it sit for a good ten minutes.  Depending on the thickness of the layer and if it dries out too fast, I sometimes spritz some Breath of Fresh Air to moisten it.

Afterwards, I take it off with a damp washcloth, follow up with some more toner to make sure I got all of it off, and then moisturise.

As it is a deeply cleansing and oil reducing mask, I find that my face looks more shiny afterwards (especially around my nose area), and dryer than before.  To combat this I put on a layer of moisturiser, and my skin looks great! :D

It really does brighten my skin, which I am really happy about.  It perks it right up, even after a night of crappy sleeplessness.  The ground almond provides a lovely exfoliation, which is activated when you first rub the mask on your skin and when you rub it to take it off.

This is an intense mask, and it can make my skin sting a bit and tingle.  I also have really sensitive skin, so that could definitely be amplifying the effects.  However, I am still able to use this mask despite my sensitivity (yay!!).  If you have really sensitive skin or are easily irritated, I would suggest doing a patch test first before applying this to your whole face.

All in all I give this mask a 5/5!  I will be repurchasing it the next chance I get, and am glad that I freeze my face masks to keep them for longer than the recommended 3 weeks.  Always remember that since these face masks use fresh ingredients, they have to be refrigerated (or you can make them last longer in the freezer).  I do freeze all of my Lush face masks, but despite that they warm up pretty quickly and melt easily onto the skin.  Because of the increased shelf-life of freezing, the masks can last months (and I have 5 different kinds in my freezer right now XD).

Do note that Brazened Honey freezes harder than most of the other masks I have tried, so I suggest using a teaspoon to scoop/scrape a bit out the tub before each use (instead of using just your fingers).

Have you tried Brazened Honey?

Have an awesome day :D!

-Ashesela

(Note: this product contains a lot of lime juice, so be wary of possible sun sensitivity.  I have not personally had any issues yet, but as lime juice is very acidic, it can be harmful to some.  Remember to not leave this mask on for more than 5-10 minutes, and to always wear sunscreen!)

You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. Great review! I love their fresh face masks, but I'll skip on this one since I don't use products with eggs. Love Lettuce and Catastrophe Cosmetic are amazing though! :)

    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ OPI Addict: Thank you!! :D I am so glad that they have vegan alternatives available :D I would love to try Love Lettuce and Catastrophe Cosmetic (on my wish list!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review, I have never tried a Lush face mask, but have heard only good things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We definitely want to try this! Lush has some amazing products but we have never tried any of their maskes! This will go on my wishlist now! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Elizabeth: Thank you!! :D If you get the chance to, I would highly recommend them! I have tried around 6 of them, and haven't found one that I don't like yet :D

    @ TwentyThirty GLAM: Hahahh yay!! :D I am glad you are interested in it! It really is divine!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Lush and I always need a good face mask for my weekly facials so I may try this one out. Thanks for stopping by my blog and following :) I have followed back

    http://www.artevolve.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I really appreciate it! :D! I hope you like Brazened Honey!! :D

      Delete
  7. i really want to try their products!

    xx fameliquorlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get the chance too, I cannot get enough of them :D!!

      Delete
  8. You never fail to temp me to try more lush products hehe :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and I'm so glad you did because now I found your blog. I have become recently obsessed with Lush products so I'm so excited to read all of your reviews on them and decide which ones to get next. I'm also a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much, I appreciate that so much!!! :'D Yay, I am so glad that you like Lush too (I can talk about it for hooours!! XD)

      Delete
  10. Ooh, now I want to go to Lush! And I didn't know that you could freeze masks to keep them longer; I'm definitely going to use that tip!

    Madeline | Ring-a-Round a Rosey | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep you definitely can!! :D They melt pretty quickly too :D

      Delete
  11. Their facemasks are the best! Love the picture of you with it on :-)

    Following you now too!
    xoxo
    Kate

    kateberlinsays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D