Demeter Fragrance - Snow Cologne Spray Review

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Good morning, dear readers! :D

Today I have a review of a product that was very generously sent to me from Demeter Fragrances:
Snow Cologne Spray.


As this will be my first review of Demeter Fragrances products, I have to tell you that the customer service of this brand is really incredible!!

We had been e-mailing back and forth, and less than a week later there was a package  from FedEx at my door.  In the package along with the samples, there was a hand written note!! :'D  Personal touches like this really make a difference, and I cannot even say how wonderful the people at Demeter are. :) The items were packaged very securely, and the bottles are of such lovely quality. Incredibly polite and kind, the Demeter employees are also very helpful and generous.  (I can honestly say that because this whole experience they have a customer for life! :'D)

Not only that, but they are cruelty-free!!

Onto Snow! :D


First off I will tell you that as a Canadian living in Ontario, I have had my fair share of snow ;).  Also, I am notorious for being extremely picky with scents.

This fragrance is really beautiful.  It is a light fragrance that feels refreshingly cool and watery, like a cucumber!  (It doesn't smell like a cucumber, but it definitely has water notes in it that are very apparent.)

I will be 100% honest and say that I do not quite smell 'snow', but I know that a lot of people do when they smell this and it is incredibly hard to make a cologne based on a natural element like water.  I also base my memories of snow on what it tastes like (I looove eating snow, strange I know, but it tastes really good when it is clean lol).  Not only that, but everyone has a different body chemistry, and what I smell on my own skin will not be the same as what you smell on yours (for example, almost every perfume my sister wears turns citrus on her slightly more acidic skin).

The funny thing is, both my sister and I are reminded of something really nice when we smell this fragrance, but we cannot put our finger on what it is!! :D We have both smelled something like this before but we cannot remember exactly what that was, other than that it is a really lovely scent!

My sister and I both really like this.   My sister says it has a watery, slightly sweet, almost fruitiness to it, while also reminding her of freshly washed mittens. :)  I would have to agree with her 100%!  I think I detect the teensyist hint of a whispered floral.

This would be lovely to wear any time of the year (very refreshing in the summer), but I can see myself loving this in the winter.  I cannot deny that this has a huge note of water, which is funny because water normally doesn't smell like anything! XD

If I had to use only a few words to describe this, I would say: cool, refreshing, watery (not watered-down, but smelling of water), slightly fruity/floral (but only slightly!).

My overall impression?  This is an extremely lovely fragrance, and while it does not smell exactly of snow to me, it is a beautifully well-rounded scent which conjures up images of cool water.  Maybe not snow exactly, but it definitely smells cold with water notes.  How does something smell cold?!  I don't know how they did it, but Demeter has got serious skills. :)  I can see a snow fairy wearing this in a forest, on a brisk winter dusk.

Have you tried Snow or any other Demeter fragrances before?

-Ashesela

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. Wow I bet this smells really gooood! :)

    Visit my blog: I AM JENNIYA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really loving their products!! :D
      <3

      Delete
  2. Great review! Compliment for the great pictures!
    With love,

    Joy
    n e w b l o g | justlikesushi.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Demeter perfumes sound SO good! I recently spent way too long on their website, haha. Super sad that the shipping costs to Europe are sky high :c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel, I have spent a loooong time on their website too!! XD
      Aw, they are? That is such a shame :(

      Delete
  4. Hey there! Just wanted to say thanks for the follow on bloglovin'! I'm happy to be following you back :o) Hope you're having a great Tuesday!

    croppedstories@gmail.com
    http://www.croppedstories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by, and for the follow!! :D I really appreciate that! :)

      Delete
  5. Looks so nice!
    Lovely blog, please check out mine, i'd love it if we followed each other?
    Grace xx
    http://coveredbygracee.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/my-pamper-evening-essentials.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by!! :D I am now following your blog on GFC :)

      Delete
  6. Sorry for this super late feedback :)
    Thanks for visiting my blog and following it :)
    Followed you back!

    http://kinssy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by and following, I really appreciate that!! :D
      <3

      Delete
  7. Love this scent. I've been very interested in trying out more of their fragrances, and seeing how well they treat their customers just makes me want to try them that much more!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right??! They are so lovely and kind! :D I have a huuuuge wishlist on their website right now XD!!

      Delete
  8. I just spent half an hour looking at Demeter's website and expect to be back again very soon. Some of these fragrances sound so freaking amazing! I love perfume but can't stand "flowery" scents--these guys may be right exactly up my alley. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel!! :D I am very picky with scents and tend to forego the flowery ones myself. I have a very large list of perfumes I want to try from them! XD

      Delete
  9. Ooh sounds like it smells lovely! I love the name of it! Snow!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does!! :D That was what drew me to it; the name and the description. I love snow so much (I have snowflake decorations all over my bedroom all year round XD), so I had to try it!! :D

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! :D