Ash's Nail Tutorials 3Thursday, September 26, 2013
Good morning, dear readers! :)
Today I have another tutorial for you, and the end result is this:
So here we go! (Click for larger image)
1. Start with a clean nail. :)
2. Paint your base colour, applying as many layers as needed to reach opacity (for this look I used Orly Boho Bonnet).
3. Using a fine paint brush, brush some tiny lines using a light grey/periwinkle acrylic paint in one direction. Be sure to leave some room between each line.
4. Finish painting the tiny lines (this step in the other direction), and don't worry if they aren't perfect.. it is based on fabric, so that is ok! :)
5. Using a light pink colour, paint some more lines going vertical down the nail, but make sure to make these lines smaller than the first ones. Paint them where two groups of light grey lines "meet".
6. Using a teal or darker blue colour, do the same this as you did for the pink lines, one column over.
7. Going horizontal this time, make little V shapes with a dark brown colour. If they are a bit messy (mine were!), you can add dots of light grey between each V. It doesn't matter too much though, because the next step covers them up for the most part. Make two lines of V shapes.
8. Paint a line of clear top coat across the horizontal designs, then using a wax tool or a pointy object with a bit of sticky top coat on it, pick up and transfer some tiny pearl beads. Try to get these in a straight line, over each set of dark brown V's.
Apply top coat over the entire nail, and you are done! :D
I hope that you have an awesome day, and that you found this tutorial helpful!! :)