Yay Art Supplies!

Saturday, June 29, 2013


Good afternoon, dear readers! :D

I hope that you are having a great weekend so far.

Yesterday I was able to go into town and get some much-needed art supplies.  I am so excited!!! :D  I found some great deals and although I was disappointed that I couldn't find the Golden Open Acrylics shade in the one I was getting low on (Manganese Blue; they were sold out!! T.T) I found some other fantastic shades!! :D

Here is what I ended up getting:

Golden:



Oh Golden, how I love thee!!!  More fabulous paints to add to my collection!!  I got:

Golden Open Acrylic in Titanium White (you can never have too much white!)
Golden Open Acrylic in Dioxazine Purple
Golden Artist Colors acrylic in Turquois (Phthalo)
Golden Artist Colors acrylic in Primary Cyan
Golden Artist Colors acrylic in WHOOPS!!!  I just realised (right now!) that I accidently bought two Primary Cyan hahahhaha!!!  Oh well, I do love me some blue. XD
Golden Artist Colors (hehehe I'm still laughing about before) acrylic in Anthraquinone Blue
Golden Artist Colors acrylic in Primary Magenta
Golden Fluid Acrylics in Titanium White
Golden Fluid Acrylics in Bone Black

You can never have too much Golden!  (They really are excellent quality, with an amazing pigment load!  I would have to say that Golden makes my favourite paints.)

I also picked up these Galeria paints from Windsor and Newton:



A big-ass Cerulean Blue Hue (one of the best colours in the world, in my opinion!)
Mars Black
Winsor Blue

Galeria paints are excellent quality and are very affordable.  If you are looking for a decent pigment load and quality with a lower price point than other professional acrylics, I highly suggest giving them a try! :D

Now for some essentials:


That brush cleaner is AMAZING!!!  It is so fantastic for getting acrylics (even dried) out of brushes.  Although it took some work, I was able to save a big filbert brush that was completely solid (there was so much dried paint on it, it was just one big block).  It did take work, but to be able to save a brush that is in that condition is spectacular!!  This brush cleaner is made to be used with any type of paint, and I cannot recommend this product enough!! :D

The Liquitex Slow Dri is a lifesaver.  Your paints drying too quickly for your liking?  Add this to extend working time!

The Golden Open Thinner is absolutely incredible.  As their website says: "GOLDEN OPEN Thinner is a water-based additive designed to thin the consistency of OPEN Acrylics without altering open time, as well as maintain and adjust the workability of colors on the palette. OPEN Thinner can also function as a thin-bodied retarder when used with GOLDEN Heavy Body or Fluid Acrylics." 

I use this with other acrylics as well to extend their working time.  But this as well as Open acrylics = an absolutely fantastic amount of time to get your blending just right. :D

BRUSHES!!! :D


These were all on sale, so I am really happy!!! :D

And of course:


Gotta get my Nail It magazine in. ;)

I hope you have an amazing day!! :D

-Ashesela

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Nice haul of supplies! :) I actually got some acrylic paint but I haven't tried them out yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to pick up some paint... for nails of course because I cannot paint real stuff to save my life :P Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous haul! Nail It looks really, really intriguing. May I ask, did you find it at Chapters? You've got me itching to flip through a copy now, too! :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Lisa N: Thank you!! :D Ooh I hope that you enjoy yours!! :D

    @ Crystal: Thank you so much!!! :D

    @ Toxic V: Thank you!! :D

    @ Jessica Cangiano: Thank you Jessica!! :D You can find it at Chapters, although this particular one I got at a big grocery store. They also sell them at Shoppers Drug Mart :D
    I hope that you enjoy them too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for new paints and brushes!!! It's always so exciting to come home with a haul of goodies from the craft store. I haven't seen that brand of paint here. I need that brush cleaner. I have one little brush that I laid down while doing some art one day and meant to clean it and forgot and now it is dried solid on the end, but I really want to salvage that brush. After reading about your experience I am going to have to see if my craft store has this brush cleaner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see what you do with all these goodies! I've never heard of that magazine but it definitely looks like something worth checking out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely haul! Like Chelsea, I can't wait to see what you do with everything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cool haul! You're like a nail art professional haha :D and I agree with the other readers; I can't wait to see the awesome things you do with everything!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D